Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Honda Civic insurance for 19 full licence?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Mike5000 wrote: »
    What car would you recommend then that would be jap nice and nippy within the 3k insurance bracket ?

Do you want a car or not? Sorry, but at your age you can get the car the insurance companies will allow or you can dream.

I'm not trying to be mean, but that's the way it is until you have a few years no claim bonus which is the most essential thing for lower insurance.

If you want the civic, then you can get it, in after a year or two of driving a 1L or less with a car less then 10 years old, think, micra, yaris, corolla etc.

It does suck, but it is what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Just seen the "bolt on comments" the 4zzfe 1.4 vvti Toyota engine can be tuned to 120bhp by using 1.8 1zzfe bits (1.8 injectors, throttle body and intake) they've a self learning ecu so it's handy enough do.

I retract my earlier statement :)

But still don't reckon it's worth doing.. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Mike5000

Liberty are your only hope so but at 19 with no Ncb I wouldn't hold out too much hope all ya can do is get the rest the get on the phone with plenty of different regs off examples of cars you want and pray you get a quote

Yea I heard they are good my parents are on then so I think I get a discount , some lad I know he's 20 for insurance for 2,400 on a 96 civic only 1 year no claim bonus

• Registered Users Posts: 36,152 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

It should cost you around 1 billion dollars .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Im 28 years old male paying 1800euro on a 2000 1.6 ils coupe non vtec ive 8 years no claims bonus but i have a drink driving conviction which im only a year back from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Cheensbo wrote: »
    I retract my earlier statement :)

But still don't reckon it's worth doing.. :P

Modifying a car is generally never worth doing :P
    But car people normally don't need logic to convince themselves something might be a good idea hence the reason most "normal" people think there's something wrong with us ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 rhino1

Anything jap import is getting harder and harder to insure.The amount of insurers actually willing to insure them is declining each year. Anything from the 90's is going to be over 15 years old.When you combine the two factors it makes it almost impossible to get cover for a reasonable amount or at all.
    Big fan of Jap import stuff but when you have to take a day off work every year to get insurance and ring ten plus brokers to insure a 1.6 Honda you start wondering is it worth it.
    If you do get one insured stick a good alarm in as well .

• Registered Users Posts: 51,253 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

By 45 I'm expecting to be driving a skyline no boter with insurance lol

LOl, I wish you luck.

At 45 most are strapped down with a wife, kids and mortgage. The only mention of a skyline is if they are thinking of getting their attics converted. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭porsche boy

You have many things going against you.

1. Your age
    2. Lack of no claims bonus
    3. Recently qualified driver (if you pass)
    4. Insistence on a jap import car
    5. Age of car being 15 years or older.
    6. Want for a Civic

Basically each of these points add a loading to a premium. Take everyone's advice here and get a yaris or Micra for a year or two, build your no claims bonus and then get your Civic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

One the lads has a 98 ej9 1.4 jap import thing is a bullet no mess

This is why young drivers get nailed to the wall.

Whatever car you do get...please don't bolt anything on. When a car is obviously modified, then it's all gone horribly wrong 99% of the time. Subtle mods can really enhance a car though. Things like better alloys (not ones that rub the arches), neat skirts, low profile rear spoilers, rear tints (BLACK ONLY).

The minute you start slapping vinyl stickers on the body work and cannon exhausts is the minute you ask the local Gardai to pull you over.

• Advertisement
Advertisement