Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I get a chargeback

Options
  • 01-12-2016 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi im just wondering ,my girlfriends nephew withdrew €1200 euro from my account between 26th october to the 26th november on the playstation network ,I intially gave him €10 to play a game but he took out the other transactions against my consent

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭beechwood55

Did you leave your credit card details linked to the playstation? 

• Registered Users Posts: 24,381 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I'd say you've effectively if not explicitly given consent by registering the card details on the account..

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭beechwood55

How old is he? And have you spoken to his parents about it? 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

DecTipp wrote: »
    Hi im just wondering ,my girlfriends nephew withdrew €1200 euro from my account between 26th october to the 26th november on the playstation network ,I intially gave him €10 to play a game but he took out the other transactions against my consent
    Hi DecTipp,

Thanks for getting in touch.

All transaction disputes are assessed on a case by case basis. As with all transaction disputes, you need to try resolve the dispute with the retailer first and provide proof of this (emails or letters) when sending in the form. You can access the form needed to raise this here in the Visa Debit section. 

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

DecTipp wrote: »

Did you call the Gardai and report the theft?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

I don't think there is going to be an easy solution to this, from other threads I've read PSN are a pain to deal with and you will have a lot of trouble dealing with them, if you get chargeback PSN might blacklist you. Need to talk to your cousins parents, how did feck did they spend 1200 thats a hell of a lot, what age are they

• Registered Users Posts: 24,381 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

cruizer101 wrote: »
    I don't think there is going to be an easy solution to this, from other threads I've read PSN are a pain to deal with and you will have a lot of trouble dealing with them, if you get chargeback PSN might blacklist you. Need to talk to your cousins parents, how did feck did they spend 1200 thats a hell of a lot, what age are they
    I'd say the OP couldn't give a fiddlers about PSN potentially blacklisting him.

Advertisement