Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should Private Schools be Closed?

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

The three "private school" boys were questioned about the attack, but it doesn't say the little sh*t who was arrested was from the same school. It conveniently leaves that part out.

So some kids who may have witnessed the before or afters were asked some questions. Normal. It doesn't imply at.all. that they had anything to do with the attack.

Such a fcuking rag.

Sure a fcuk load of my friends were questioned about Raoinaid Murray's murder because they were at a party in Dun Laoghaire that night. None of them were ever suspects. And none of them went to fee paying schools but sure what relevance is that.

Sources say the suspect is a student in one of the country’s best-known private secondary schools, which charges substantial annual fees.

I agree it's a rag but the suspect is from the same school.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Students from another fee charging school suspected of slashing man with Swiss army knife.

Three teenage students at one of south Dublin’s most prestigious private schools have been questioned about a savage knife attack that left a man with horrific facial injuries.

The incident happened shortly before midnight on Christmas Eve in Dalkey when a row broke out over a teenage girl.

The 26-year-old victim, who is from the Glenageary area of the capital, almost lost an eye and suffered huge blood loss when he was stabbed in the face with a Swiss Army knife.

His suspected attacker, a 17-year-old boy from Killiney, was arrested on Tuesday and questioned at Shankill Garda Station before being released without charge.

http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/teens-from-wellknown-private-school-questioned-over-barbaric-stabbing-35327532.html

some 26 year old knacker has a pop at a teenage girl.... glad that someone stood up to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Glenster wrote: »
    some 26 year old knacker has a pop at a teenage girl.... glad that someone stood up to him.

Completely off the point of his education, how in god's name can you take the side of someone who "used the knife in a punching motion and the knife just missed the victim’s eye by a fraction,” a source said.
    “The knife was then dragged along the injured man’s face, all the way to his neck. He suffered huge blood loss and terrible injuries to his face", even and especially not knowing what brought it on!!

"Stood up to him"........... By that (albeit tabloidesque) description from this supposed source, he put the guys life in danger.
    Yeah, good man, you have pinpointed the correct "knacker" in this event........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

A classic piece of gutter journalism from the chip wrapper and I can't see what it has to do with the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

Completely off the point of his education, how in god's name can you take the side of someone who "used the knife in a punching motion and the knife just missed the victim’s eye by a fraction,” a source said.
    “The knife was then dragged along the injured man’s face, all the way to his neck. He suffered huge blood loss and terrible injuries to his face", even and especially not knowing what brought it on!!

"Stood up to him"........... By that (albeit tabloidesque) description from this supposed source, he put the guys life in danger.
    Yeah, good man, you have pinpointed the correct "knacker" in this event........

no smoke without fire

• Advertisement

Del.Monte wrote: »
    A classic piece of gutter journalism from the chip wrapper and I can't see what it has to do with the thread.

It suits someone's anti private school agenda, in their own thwarted midset

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

no smoke without fire

That statement is only believed but utter idiots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Sources say the suspect is a student in one of the country’s best-known private secondary schools, which charges substantial annual fees.

I agree it's a rag but the suspect is from the same school.

And?

no smoke without fire

No irrational speculation without boards posters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

I just posted out of interest. It doesn't have anything to do with it. You can get scum anywhere.

Just 'out of interest', here's a different version of the story that popped up on my news feed. It apparently has slightly less of an agenda in its reporting.

http://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/three-teens-questioned-over-dalkey-12384577

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

I really don't get this 'chip on the shoulder' about fee paying schools.
    The state provides free second level ed to all. If some parents are happy to spend a certain amt of their after tax income to send kids to fee paying schools best of luck to them.
    Don't see it any different to taking kids to boxing, horse riding, gymnastics etc...
    You pay extra for extra.
    I went to a cbs with no fees and I intend sending my kids there too. I don't think they're worth the money personally but don't begrudge those that do.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Students from another fee charging school suspected of slashing man with Swiss army knife.

What does that have to do with anything? You're breeding baseless speculation and hatred. Take it to that rag's comments section.

Sorry but this thread is just ridiculous. If anyone would like to discuss the topics on this thread without a personal agenda, go ahead and make a thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement