Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on landlord ending RAS contract

Options
  • 01-12-2016 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭

Hi, just wondering if any landlords have experience of ending their RAS agreement in order to sell their property. I've had a one bed apartment on the RAS scheme since 2011 (I used to live in it) and the contract was renewed last year. Dublin City Council said I have to give the tenant 60 days notice and officially notify them also.

I will need the tenant to move out first before I can put the apartment on the market (to spruce the place up), and while I wouldn't put any pressure on the tenant as they have been very responsible and decent throughout the tenancy, I am anxious to have it up for sale as soon as possible. It's costing me too much in income tax, management fees, upkeep, etc, and I just want rid of it.

I was hoping to be ready to put it on the market by end of February but the council have said it could take many months to re-house the tenant, depending on what's available. Any advice appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭TresGats

Have you asked DCC would they purchase the apt. from you? It would be a good solution to all concerned. (and save you tidy-up, paint jobs etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

TresGats wrote: »
    Have you asked DCC would they purchase the apt. from you? It would be a good solution to all concerned. (and save you tidy-up, paint jobs etc.)

They don't purchase apartments, according to their website. I remember hearing about this before but I thought it was just one bed apartments. Thanks for suggestion, though, it would be a winner alright.

Advertisement