Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Event in Swords Castle

Options
  • 01-12-2016 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭

I was cycling past the castle this evening and there was some sort of chrismas event on, the castle was lit up with festive images, there was chrismas music and loads of people, I can't find anything about it, all that comes up is the christmas market later in the month, anyone know what it was?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

Inquitus wrote: »
    I was cycling past the castle this evening an there was some sort of chrismas event on, the castle was lit up with festive images, there was chrismas music and loads of people, I can't find anything about it, all that comes up is the christmas market later in the month, anyone know what it was?

Just said this to the wife and she said that the Christmas lights in the village went on tonight. Maybe that was it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Just said this to the wife and she said that the Christmas lights in the village went on tonight. Maybe that was it.

We have a winner

http://www.northcountyleader.ie/2010/11/29/switching-on-of-christmas-lights-in-swords/

• Registered Users Posts: 3 groucho1

I am dropping off at the airport in Dub next Tues evening. The family are on about Swords xmas markets and a skate rink? Does any one know if this is on before we head off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭maximum12

groucho1 wrote: »
    I am dropping off at the airport in Dub next Tues evening. The family are on about Swords xmas markets and a skate rink? Does any one know if this is on before we head off?

I thought the market was 17th and 18th.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

The ice rink is already up in that usual vacant lot behind the Garda station.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

Inquitus wrote: »

Back2TheFuture , thats from 2010 !!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

It was the Christmas lights all right. It's a pity they didn't advertise it more, I'd have gone to see it :(

http://www.independent.ie/regionals/fingalindependent/news/dates-for-christmas-lights-switchon-35233278.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭The Davestator

It was the Christmas lights all right. It's a pity they didn't advertise it more, I'd have gone to see it :(

http://www.independent.ie/regionals/fingalindependent/news/dates-for-christmas-lights-switchon-35233278.html

I went last year and it was the worst thing I've ever seen! All the normal street lights were on and cars with their lights etc so you barely noticed when they were turned on.

I'm not a knocker of Fingal Coco, I actually think they do great stuff. Maybe last night was better

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I went last year and it was the worst thing I've ever seen! All the normal street lights were on and cars with their lights etc so you barely noticed when they were turned on.

I'm not a knocker of Fingal Coco, I actually think they do great stuff. Maybe last night was better

Hard to get the street lights turned off. :D

Yes, last night was much better than previous years. The castle is a much better venue for events now. So, lights and that were turned on from the front of the castle. There was also a Santa's Grotto where the kids could see Santa and get a selection box (FREE).

Definitely a shame that it wasn't advertised better, but it was a good event.

The Christmas market is on in the castle grounds on the 17th and 18th Dec.

Advertisement