Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭KnightRider21

they literally let you choose where you want..2 choices..Glasgow you cant get but anywhere else is fine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

i bit the bullet and applied for Police Scotland this afternoon, they are okay with already having an application with the PSNI

FFS, you'll be in by Christmas :D

DonutSquad wrote: »
    I did very briefly considered MoD but it's more of a guarding role than a policing one. 

I had considered the airport police but didn't bother for the same reasons. Basically a security guard with a gun. Harbour Police has a bit more to it but let's be honest it doesn't beat the Norn Iron peelers!!

Uppapeelers!!!

Homer01 wrote: »
    i bit the bullet and applied for Police Scotland this afternoon, they are okay with already having an application with the PSNI

FFS, you'll be in by Christmas :D

aw that would be the dream..its an insurance policy incase this one doesnt come off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 DonutSquad

Think I'm gonna follow your lead Knight Rider!
    Comforting to know I'm not the only one in this position!

• Advertisement

i 'yolo'd' it as such, best of luck with it anyway!

Sooooo, if you get an offer from PS would you be happy to say goodbye to PSNI?

Now that's a dilemma.

Sooooo, if you get an offer from PS would you be happy to say goodbye to PSNI?

Now that's a dilemma.

It depends which comes up first really..obviously would want to stay at home but if Scotland came up i could do 2 years there then transfer back at some stage. Im young and no commitments at home so i can up sticks whenever. Time will tell Homer

It depends which comes up first really..obviously would want to stay at home but if Scotland came up i could do 2 years there then transfer back at some stage. Im young and no commitments at home so i can up sticks whenever. Time will tell Homer

PSNI don't do transfers at constable level. When they do it's normally detectives. That's why we've had a few here that have went across the water and now have to do this to get back home.

But yes, young and no commitments then go for it. Get some experience over there before coming home. By that time everyone here will be so peaceful we'll not need the police lol

• Registered Users Posts: 22 natka

Hey guys!! I'm a newbie here!
    I'm planning to apply to the Autumn recruitment if my plans go well (regarding my eyes).
    I have previously applied about 4 years ago and got to the AC stage (which I think I would have a better chance at now), I studied Police Studies with Criminal Investivations, worked at a Police Station and was a Special Constable in England, and just recently came back home to N.I.
    It's amazing to see everyone being so supportive and helpful!
    Hopefully see some of you along the way! (that was wayyy longer than expected)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭blueboat

Good luck natka

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 bangedtorights

All the best Natka. I am planning to apply when the recruitment campaign opens. However I honestly can't see it opening in the next two months. I would be delighted to be proved wrong.

The email that I got back from recruitment last week was ' no date has been set yet for the opening of the campaign'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 DonutSquad

All the best Natka. I am planning to apply when the recruitment campaign opens. However I honestly can't see it opening in the next two months. I would be delighted to be proved wrong.

The email that I got back from recruitment last week was ' no date has been set yet for the opening of the campaign'.

:dizzy:

It's getting painful now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Telling you they won't until the end of the merit list is two or three squads away.

Just keep fit in the meantime. If not fit get fit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭takodah

Public sector pay cap to be lifted for police and prison officers
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41218283

takodah wrote: »

Does this include here or just England and Wales?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭majgreen

Does this include here or just England and Wales?
    Sounds like just England and Wales at the moment, no mention of NI (our budget is bad as it is!). Hopefully it will come our way too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Goonerdee wrote: »

I was thinking about age the other day.
    The upper age is 57 years on appointment. What about Joe Bloggs who was 56 when applying and thinking he has loads of time to get in. We're now two years into the current campaign :eek:

An extreme and unlikely example but is Joe just out of luck?

Looks like Police Fed are going after it for NI; good on them!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-41247034

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Goonerdee wrote: »

I was thinking about age the other day.
    The upper age is 57 years on appointment. What about Joe Bloggs who was 56 when applying and thinking he has loads of time to get in. We're now two years into the current campaign :eek:

An extreme and unlikely example but is Joe just out of luck?

I think old Joe would be out of luck in that scenario.

GOOD NEWS: I know I am being very hopeful but look at the recruitment page:
    https://www.joinpsni.co.uk/coming-soon

Our new website will be launched on Monday 25th September.

“The Police Service of Northern Ireland will be recruiting from Monday 23rd October 2017.

If you want a career that’s challenging, interesting, and makes a difference in your community, we want you to apply”

Excellent news. I wonder if they'll go with online IST's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Timetravel

Time for you guys to hit the books!

Excellent news. I wonder if they'll go with online IST's.

Probably why they're saying about the website changing. Think they did the same in 2013 with some of the changes to the process.

Literally has lifted my mood in work today. From what I have heard the online part is a strong possibility to stream line it from one year to 6 months.
    Time to hit the books and the gym flat out.
    On a side note did any of your watch CRASH. On bbc lastnight. It’s a two part series and shows the psni and how they investigate car crashes. Good watch and insight.

Literally has lifted my mood in work today. From what I have heard the online part is a strong possibility to stream line it from one year to 6 months.
    Time to hit the books and the gym flat out.
    On a side note did any of your watch CRASH. On bbc lastnight. It’s a two part series and shows the psni and how they investigate car crashes. Good watch and insight.

I watched it very interesting. Two of the officers were in an old series years ago think its called road wars ni and some of its on YouTube.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭shanevendrell

Where does it mention the 23rd October? Just on there and can only see the part about the website updating in September.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Razor3677

Happy days, finally some positive news about the new campaign, any of you 1509ers thinking for about applying?

• Advertisement

Where does it mention the 23rd October? Just on there and can only see the part about the website updating in September.

They've removed the date now for some reason

Advertisement