Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭shanevendrell

They clearly read the boards then lol in which case i'm delighted for those looking to apply/re-apply but they better stick to their word of exhausting the 1509 list first.

2 years this month since we applied with people sitting with all 5 stages passed for months and months.

Literal tears will be cried if they decide to wash their hands of us in favour of a more current merit pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Timetravel wrote: »
    They've removed the date now for some reason

lol, someone is getting a bollocking. Thought it odd to have it there before official media announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭KnightRider21

They clearly read the boards then lol in which case i'm delighted for those looking to apply/re-apply but they better stick to their word of exhausting the 1509 list first.

2 years this month since we applied with people sitting with all 5 stages passed for months and months.

Literal tears will be cried if they decide to wash their hands of us in favour of a more current merit pool.

Time from posting the update on the website this morning..to it being on the boards..to it being removed after being mentioned on here..they are clearly watching what is said here haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭takodah

Not my fault I check the site everyday! Ha ha they must love me.

Timetravel wrote: »
    takodah wrote: »
    Literally has lifted my mood in work today. From what I have heard the online part is a strong possibility to stream line it from one year to 6 months.
    Time to hit the books and the gym flat out.
    On a side note did any of your watch CRASH. On bbc lastnight. It’s a two part series and shows the psni and how they investigate car crashes. Good watch and insight.

I watched it very interesting. Two of the officers were in an old series years ago think its called road wars ni and some of its on YouTube.

I had a good laugh at the road wars ni. The part in banbridge with the plastic rat attached to the car 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Pixiestark19

Hi all!

After following the forum for over a year now I've finally bit the bullet to login in. Everyone on this has been extremely supportive and it's conforting to know that we have this to bounce ideas of another and your not going through this yourself.

Would anyone have advice on what books to order to help with the aptitude tests?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Timetravel

Hi all!

After following the forum for over a year now I've finally bit the bullet to login in. Everyone on this has been extremely supportive and it's conforting to know that we have this to bounce ideas of another and your not going through this yourself.

Would anyone have advice on what books to order to help with the aptitude tests?

Well done for signing up and hello! It's hard to say exactly what to look for as the IST may be different this time around, but be careful what books you order as lots of them are rubbish. I would say wait until they update the website because the practice paper is the closest to the real thing that you will get.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Chase1

Hi folks! Long time lurker, first time poster :)
    Applied to the PSNI before but pulled out due to pressure from family members, but decided to reapply in the coming campaign as I feel it's my calling haha.
    Anyway fingers crossed I get through! My main concern is I'm applying from ROI, and I've no doubt ill be asked why the PSNI instead of AGS in the interview (if I get that far). Any suggestions on how to answer that? The fact that the money is better and the possibility to transfer to a mainland force are strong reasons but I can't imagine they would go down too well in the interview!
    All replies appreciated :)

Well there is no interview so all your fears are for nothing lol

Well there is no interview so all your fears are for nothing lol

Oh haha oops! There's one for AGS so I just assumed there would be one for the PSNI too!

• Advertisement

With a potentially new IST coming up it's difficult to say how to prepare.

I highly recommend looking at the Police Scotland site as they have good sample papers to try.

http://www.scotland.police.uk/recruitment/police-officers/selection-process/

The Belfast Telegraph normally does past papers of the eleven plus around this time of the year. Those are also worth a look.

Best of luck folks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Timetravel

New campaign definitely opens on 23 oct closes some time in Nov

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭majgreen

From what i've heard Hotel GV is preparing to fill itself up again with 5 full intakes starting with the first one in the near future. Good luck all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Hey everyone only recently joined this and been spending alot of hours reading through alot of the posts lol. This will be my third time applying, ive failed the A.C twice :(
    From what I've seen and heard it does look like it will be the end of Oct when we can all finally apply. Yaaaay!!
    Like stated above there are still 5 classes left to start training, each starting 5 weeks apart. In other posts they said they are due to start Gv in Oct. So with that plus the reports that selection is to be cut in half to 6 months that brings us to April 2018.
    Which does make sense as it's a new financial year and the spring time budget (if the bobble heads on the hill get their act together lol.)

Full page advert in todays GAA final matchday programme stating new campaign opens on 23rd October.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭KnightRider21

Full page advert in todays GAA final matchday programme stating new campaign opens on 23rd October.

Just saw it on the website its been added back in too

Heard recently that unless you live more than 35miles from GV you won’t be staying for your 6month training period. Anyone heard anything similar ? I thought it was optional until now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 nuna123

Heard recently that unless you live more than 35miles from GV you won’t be staying for your 6month training period. Anyone heard anything similar ? I thought it was optional until now.
    That is correct.

Closing date is the 10th November. If they stick with physical IST's what do you reckon the time frame will be?

IST before Christmas, assessment centres in the new year or both in the new year?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭recruit099

Closing date is the 10th November. If they stick with physical IST's what do you reckon the time frame will be?

IST before Christmas, assessment centres in the new year or both in the new year?

When I applied in September I didn't do mine until November so I would say January possibly if it is still physical IST

• Advertisement

New website this day next week! I'll be refreshing the page all morning waiting for it haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Razor3677

Just seen they removed the fitness test from there youtube page,
     maybe they’re thinking about updating the fitness test in the new campaign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Aye if you aren't fit enough bye bye

nuna123 wrote: »
    That is correct.

Unless you feel under threat. I.e. you live is a staunchly republican area.

I've still got it on a usb and CD lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

I hope they do still allow you to stay if under 35miles. Its not the distance thats the bad thing about traveling, its the travel time. We all know how 1 broken down car or a security alert can shut the main roads in and around Belfast meaning a 30min drive can turn into hours lol.

Told my folks that I would be applying in the upcoming campaign, of course they weren't as eager as I am (unfortunate but expected!)
    Question for you posters, I'd be moving up to NI if I got in. I know a daily ritual is checking for UVIEDs, but would my family have to check their cars on a daily basis in ROI? Not near the border.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 mwat17

I wish we knew what sort of process they are using this time round. I think alot of it will be very different. I've been doing my best to prepare for the tests going by what they did in previous campaigns and if it's completely different I'll be gutted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Razor3677

mwat17 wrote: »
    I wish we knew what sort of process they are using this time round. I think alot of it will be very different. I've been doing my best to prepare for the tests going by what they did in previous campaigns and if it's completely different I'll be gutted!
    I agree, I think we'll see some changes this time round, although all we can do is prepare with what we know and hopefully it'll help us get through the stages.

• Advertisement

Just for the love of god make sure you're fit. Because if this goes quicker this tine round like they expect it to we wont have much time to prepare

Advertisement