Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 2017

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 DonutSquad

Any preparation is better than no preparation, even if it is a completely different process!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭RedPool2891

I'm still in the previous campaign but will be going again in the 2017 campaign just in case - no matter how much I hate the thought of doing it all again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Fitness is GV is crossfit based. But honestly i'd focus on cardio and core strength. What is everyone else's thoughts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Any other boardies on here been on this merrygoround as long as me and having to start all over again? I've been trying since 1001.

Oh aye. Third application going in in october

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

Chase1 wrote: »
    Told my folks that I would be applying in the upcoming campaign, of course they weren't as eager as I am (unfortunate but expected!)
    Question for you posters, I'd be moving up to NI if I got in. I know a daily ritual is checking for UVIEDs, but would my family have to check their cars on a daily basis in ROI? Not near the border.
    I wouldn't say so providing that you keep your application strictly confidential. I don't know anyone who ever applied to the police to check their car before attending the police training college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭takodah

Just heard a device was found and two arrested at a hotel where a psni recruitment event was due to take place. When will we know when these are happening ? I’d like to go along but if any of the people on here have been, is it worth going?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭recruit099

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-41348439

It was 2 years ago they were sentenced today.. and the recruitment was the AC I’m almost sure of.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

takodah wrote: »
    Just heard a device was found and two arrested at a hotel where a psni recruitment event was due to take place. When will we know when these are happening ? I’d like to go along but if any of the people on here have been, is it worth going?

Was that not the one ages ago in the Waterfoot Hotel?

If you can go then it is worthwhile especially if you get to chat to them afterwards.

At the same time if you can't make it you'll not miss too much as everything you need is right here :D

Was that not the one ages ago in the Waterfoot Hotel?

If you can go then it is worthwhile especially if you get to chat to them afterwards.

At the same time if you can't make it you'll not miss too much as everything you need is right here :D[/quote]

Pretty sure you are right it’s 2015 they have just been jailed. Aye I might try and get to one. Do they advertise them on the website ?

• Advertisement

Given what happened back then they might do something different.

Previously times and locations were well advertised.

They might wait until applications are in then contact us directly for info nights or session etc

Think the information sessions were to get more people from certain areas and backgrounds to at least apply. If you've already applied then you'll likely know what you're in for.

Cheers everyone :)

Anyone else been hitting refresh on a certain webpage for the last 30 mins?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Chase1

Anyone else been hitting refresh on a certain webpage for the last 30 mins?

To be honest, I might have started doing that once it passed midnight!

Glad to see I'm not the only one disappointed that it didnt change at midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Pixiestark19

Sitting here patiently waiting too guys, laptop up and running since 6am. I'm assuming they will go live at 9am

Yeah, resisting the urge to go and check now. Must wait until 9am!!!

day zero and nerves already wrecked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Chase1

Past 9am and not updated, devastated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 janedoe8

No new website till the 28th now!!!! Lol

"New website will be launched 28th September"

It's been changed to Thursday the 28th Sept folks. Disappointed is an understatement

Start as you mean to go on; waiting!

Very odd.

Setting the tone for how this campaign is gonna go?

They understand thatvpeople hate this kinda bull****?

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Johannes_Cabal

Seems to be up and running now.

Have a look at the page again guys. Johannes_cabal is right, they've changed it!

The IST is made up of two assessments especially designed by Deloitte for this recruitment process; a verbal reasoning assessment and situational judgement test.

You have only ONE OPPORTUNITY to complete the test so we would advise you to wait until you are fully prepared before starting your IST.

You should also be aware that the IST will be re-tested at Assessment Centre.

• Advertisement

Plenty of info in the guidance book. No information sessions mentioned?

So how many will apply? Normally goes between 7-9k.

Advertisement