Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 2017

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭majgreen

I'm aware of what the OCA is, the PCA is run concurrently alongside side with the squads split 50:50  half doing PCA half doing OCA the way it was explained to me is that it is all Part of the OCA since if yoi fail either you get one more chance then it's bye bye.
    Its the same with everything in Garnerville, its two chances then the door. Everyone is well aware of that from reading these boards, and from their induction day when they get that far.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭KN1231999

majgreen wrote: »
    Its the same with everything in Garnerville, its two chances then the door. Everyone is well aware of that from reading these boards, and from their induction day when they get that far.

I feel like if you get that far,you should go through Garnerville no bother, especially if you stay on campus of the college where you can get your head down? would i be right in saying this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

You can only stay if you live a certain distamne away now, or other exceptional circumstances. I think you can still stay the first 4 weeks of you want though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

How long do you reckon this IST link will be live for?

I have friends who went through NIFRS and they said their online part was active for a week so it might be something similar. But we won't know for sure until the application.

NiK9 wrote: »
    I have friends who went through NIFRS and they said their online part was active for a week so it might be something similar. But we won't know for sure until the application.

May i ask, for the first application is there anything tricky on it? or is it just all your information and making sure you meet requirements

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭majgreen

KN1231999 wrote: »
    majgreen wrote: »

I feel like if you get that far,you should go through Garnerville no bother, especially if you stay on campus of the college where you can get your head down? would i be right in saying this?
    Not necissarily, its very easy to fail exams - they are pretty tough.

I've dropped deloitte an email once I find out will throw it up here

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Marsh93

Where did you find that practise test?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Razor3677

Yeah I went through the NIFRS online test and it was live for a week, it also included a situational judgement test so I'm hoping it's something similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Razor3677

May i ask, for the first application is there anything tricky on it? or is it just all your information and making sure you meet requirements
    From what I've read on here, I think previous application forms were pretty straightforward, however there were 2 short statements to be completed. Although I can't find any info on these statements being included on the new application form.

• Advertisement

Marsh93 wrote: »
    Where did you find that practise test?

https://www.practiceaptitudetests.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Timetravel

Razor3677 wrote: »
    From what I've read on here, I think previous application forms were pretty straightforward, however there were 2 short statements to be completed. Although I can't find any info on these statements being included on the new application form.

This is true. From memory one statement was something like why do you want to be a police officer and the other was what qualities do you have that would make you a good police officer. For anyone that remembers feel free to correct

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

All your basic information and usually a part about why you want to become a constable. Usually around 100 words max. (It's more just to prove you have basic computer skills. But it isn't marked)

All your basic information and usually a part about why you want to become a constable. Usually around 100 words max. (It's more just to prove you have basic computer skills. But it isn't marked)

Ah doesn't seem too bad. Seems to be just the IST to focus on

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Marsh93

Timetravel wrote: »
    This is true. From memory one statement was something like why do you want to be a police officer and the other was what qualities do you have that would make you a good police officer. For anyone that remembers feel free to correct

Yes this is correct- I still have my two statements saved on a word doc haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Just as an FYI re staying at the college.

"There is no obligation for a Student Officer to reside at the Police College during the Training Programme. You can request to stay at the College if you wish, however there will be certain criteria that you must meet in order to qualify for accommodation (e.g. you have to travel a distance of 35 miles or more, welfare issues etc.)."

Homer01 wrote: »

Just as an FYI re staying at the college.

"There is no obligation for a Student Officer to reside at the Police College during the Training Programme. You can request to stay at the College if you wish, however there will be certain criteria that you must meet in order to qualify for accommodation (e.g. you have to travel a distance of 35 miles or more, welfare issues etc.)."
    Ah ok, I think I read that somewhere too, I feel like you would progress a lot better being on the campus where youre not distracted

Ah ok, I think I read that somewhere too, I feel like you would progress a lot better being on the campus where youre not distracted

I would agree. If you over 35 miles away then you're all good.

By week do you mean Mon-Fri or Mon-Sun?

https://www.joinpsni.co.uk/uploads/1506032096-guidance-for-applicants-2017-09-21.pdf

Guys if you are going to apply for this new campaign have a read through the guidance for applicants booklet. Most of the information you need will be in there.

It says the online ist will be available for one week from Mon 20th of Nov.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭KnightRider21

Just looked at that too timetravel..
    It states 'The IST is an online exam that will be available for access for a one week period.' starting Monday 20th November

Doean't define a week as a working week or a calender week.

PSNI obviously operate all day every day

But this is a Deloitte managed stage therefore it could be a working week.

Doean't define a week as a working week or a calender week.

PSNI obviously operate all day every day

But this is a Deloitte managed stage therefore it could be a working week.

Is that you Walter?

To clarify if i hadn't found the answer I wouldn't ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭KnightRider21

Redesigned campaign, nobody knows for certain.. a week is a week. We’ll know when it comes through and find an hour to complete it within a week.

Redesigned campaign, nobody knows for certain.. a week is a week. We’ll know when it comes through and find an hour to complete it within a week.

I just bluntly asked Deloitte so once it's confirmed will let all of you folk know, just wondering if anyone had any ideas

If I was doing the online IST I wouldn't be waiting to the last minute before completing.

I wouldn't do it the minute it opens but I'd get it done sooner rather than later.

I'm on a course that week lol not looking to do it last minute hahaha

Homer01 wrote: »
    If I was doing the online IST I wouldn't be waiting to the last minute before completing.

I wouldn't do it the minute it opens but I'd get it done sooner rather than later.

This IST is kinda concerning me lol, i guess theres nothing else you can do but practice verbal reasoning and situational judgement.

• Advertisement

That's all you can do for this one and all what you could for the last one

Advertisement