Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

I'm sure we'd all agree it's better to spend the money on new officers than a double page ad in the Bel Tel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Timetravel

It will probably be advertised a bit more when the applications are open. Maybe they'll even stick some of those snazzy new videos on tv ads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Advertisement is essential, there is a staffing crisis coming, if the folks on the hill dont sort their lives out it may be sooner than later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Slo85

Has anyone any tips for practising the IST? Any info would be great.

Just practice, practice, practice, practice

• Advertisement

If you want the likes of O2 and tescos etc have SJT and TFCT in their assessments. Set upna dummy email and apply there. It's on a computer so it's a wee bit more realistic than printing the exercises off

Thank you. Have tried a couple online so will look these ones up.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭blueboat

If you want the likes of O2 and tescos etc have SJT and TFCT in their assessments. Set upna dummy email and apply there. It's on a computer so it's a wee bit more realistic than printing the exercises off
    Great tip.

Also try the verbal reasoning tests on advertised jobs at www.civilservicejobs.service.gov.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 janedoe8

Has anyone attempted the numerical reasoning test on the civil service jobs website? Ive just had a go. Not good 😂🀔😥

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭KN1231999

janedoe8 wrote: »
    Has anyone attempted the numerical reasoning test on the civil service jobs website? Ive just had a go. Not good 😂🀔😥

Numerical reasoning will not be on this years IST from my knowledge

KN1231999 wrote: »
    janedoe8 wrote: »

Numerical reasoning will not be on this years IST from my knowledge

Doing basic maths will still help you get quicker and stay accurate when you are quicker

To quote Tescos "Every little helps"

I've been doing various verbal reasoning tests and situational judgement tests. My goodness they vary so much. Some have loads of details you have to analyse and some are very simple 🙈🙈

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 bangedtorights

I contacted Deloitte about practice tests but they never even replied to my email. Some sort of idea regarding the amount of text we will have to read for both tests, would be great!

just finished the T/F/CT practise questions from above, got 7/8 in 9mins 14 secs, hopefully the real IST will have similar timeframes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

just finished the  T/F/CT practise questions from above, got 7/8 in 9mins 14 secs, hopefully the real IST will have similar timeframes
    Maybe I'm just stupid but I can't find these tests on the civil service website.

NornIron74 wrote: »
    Maybe I'm just stupid but I can't find these tests on the civil service website.

Basically just click on one of the job openings and go down all the way to attachments and click on the VR/Numerical PDF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

just finished the  T/F/CT practise questions from above, got 7/8 in 9mins 14 secs, hopefully the real IST will have similar timeframes

https://files.civilservicejobs.service.gov.uk/admin/fairs/apptrack/download.cgi?SID=b3duZXI9NTA3MDAwMCZvd25lcnR5cGU9ZmFpciZkb2NfdHlwZT12YWMmZG9jX2lkPTYyMjk1OSZ2ZXJpZnk9ZWExNGI0MzI5Yzc3MmUyOWM5M2Y3N2YxNTQzMTVkN2YmcmVxc2lnPTE1MDgyNzEwMzYtOGY2NTdmMzRiMmRkNDE2NGZhYTQ5NGE2N2YzMjU5MDM4NTgxYzBhOQ==

Go to page four and click the links to the tests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

NiK9 wrote: »

https://files.civilservicejobs.service.gov.uk/admin/fairs/apptrack/download.cgi?SID=b3duZXI9NTA3MDAwMCZvd25lcnR5cGU9ZmFpciZkb2NfdHlwZT12YWMmZG9jX2lkPTYyMjk1OSZ2ZXJpZnk9ZWExNGI0MzI5Yzc3MmUyOWM5M2Y3N2YxNTQzMTVkN2YmcmVxc2lnPTE1MDgyNzEwMzYtOGY2NTdmMzRiMmRkNDE2NGZhYTQ5NGE2N2YzMjU5MDM4NTgxYzBhOQ==

Go to page four and click the links to the tests.
    You're a legend, thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Butter

Homer01 wrote: »
    Has anyone seen this campaign advertised anywhere?

Obviously we're all police nerds and see it in our sleep but has there been any above the line advertising? I.e Billboards, radio, newspapers etc.?

I've seen plenty on Facebook and Belfast Live but that's about it.

I just wonder if that will affect numbers especially as they have ditched the recruitment sessions (for obvious reasons).
    Previous campaigns have seen anything from 6,000 to 9,000 if I remember correctly.

Ultimately the less in the race the better chance you have :D

Just FYI I seen it on this years all Ireland football finals match programme in Croke Park.

Butter wrote: »
    Has anyone seen this campaign advertised anywhere?

Obviously we're all police nerds and see it in our sleep but has there been any above the line advertising? I.e Billboards, radio, newspapers etc.?

I've seen plenty on Facebook and Belfast Live but that's about it.

I just wonder if that will affect numbers especially as they have ditched the recruitment sessions (for obvious reasons).
    Previous campaigns have seen anything from 6,000 to 9,000 if I remember correctly.

Ultimately the less in the race the better chance you have :D

Just FYI I seen it on this years all Ireland football finals match programme in Croke Park.
    I seen a few billboards myself in various towns, usually the "Make a difference" one

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Rookie23

Probably a really stupid question but I've been wondering is there any way of knowing when they will be recruiting again after this time round. Dosent depend on how many people they get or do the recruit a certain number of times a year.
    Just curious to know how long to wait for the next time if I happen to fail this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Timetravel

Rookie23 wrote: »
    Probably a really stupid question but I've been wondering is there any way of knowing when they will be recruiting again after this time round. Dosent depend on how many people they get or do the recruit a certain number of times a year.
    Just curious to know how long to wait for the next time if I happen to fail this one.

Most recent campaigns have been 2013,2014 and 2015. Before those there was a 3 year freeze.

How long is a piece of string?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

As Timetravel said it has 2013/14/15. I believe the only reason there was no 2016 was due to the cheating scandal.

So ideally they'll be looking again next year but no one can say for sure.

As Timetravel said it has 2013/14/15. I believe the only reason there was no 2016 was due to the cheating scandal.

So ideally they'll be looking again next year but no one can say for sure.

Thank-you! Let's hope they do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 bangedtorights

Rookie you are going to be brilliant and pass it, this time round. There is no need to wait until the next time they recruit. :-)

Rookie you are going to be brilliant and pass it, this time round. There is no need to wait until the next time they recruit. :-)

Thanks for the support bangedtorights! Super excited to get started.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Cbm27

Recruitment is getting so close. Good luck everyone 😊

Advertisement