Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 2017

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Slo85

Great thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ZXC53

Any advice would be greatly appreciated - I've just turned 18 and in my last year of sixth form college. I've applied to University and feel like I would enjoy my time studying however, I know I want to join the Service. Would it be better to go to university for 3 years, train and bulk up in the mean time and be patient and apply after I get a degree or just go for it now and apply next week. Thaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Rookie23

ZXC53 wrote: »
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated - I've just turned 18 and in my last year of sixth form college. I've applied to University and feel like I would enjoy my time studying however, I know I want to join the Service. Would it be better to go to university for 3 years, train and bulk up in the mean time and be patient and apply after I get a degree or just go for it now and apply next week. Thaks.

My personal advice as I've just graduated from university in July myself, I thought of applying the last campaign but was very naive I didn't do my research into how long the process can be etc,
    Had I of done that I would have applied and could potentially be attending gv within the incoming weeks. Personally I would suggest applying for this campaign but keep your options open and attend university at the same time.. Just incase.
    Hope that helped! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Razor3677

I think it solely depends on how you feel yourself. Im currently in uni, however if successful in joining the PSNI, I'd leave in a heartbeat. Personally I'd advise you to go for it, although also apply for uni. There is the chance you might not get in first time, so it's best not to put all your eggs in one basket. If you're not successful this time at least you will be provided with a lot of experience which I'm sure will help in future campaigns.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ZXC53

Thanks for the replies guys. In regards to what you said rookie about yourself applying and could be at GV by now, do you know if the process will potentially take that long for this recruitment campaign? Or will it be a much quicker process this time around?

• Advertisement

Thanks for the replies guys. In regards to what you said rookie about yourself applying and could be at GV by now, do you know if the process will potentially take that long for this recruitment campaign? Or will it be a much quicker process this time around?
    Impossible to say, I'd like to hope not but no-one can say for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Deloitte's study into barriers to recruitment found that the timescales is what is deterring a lot of people. And as such they recommended that the process be reduced to six months. Whether that will happen....

I did hear they wanted to reduce time from approximately 12 months down to 6. Sure it took longer than 12 months before.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

As Homer01 already said, this user quietly closed their account after just 9 posts. For the record, they made no attempt to connect with me via PM after my comment.

I think we can all agree that, at best, this was just someone looking to make a quick buck on the side. Most likely they had no training skills or coaching experience, and would have just leaked confidential information from the assessment centre for cash. They pop up from time to time and are very easy to spot.

Also, as Banterbus28 correctly pointed out, serving officers are not permitted to work in this capacity as it's a clear and obvious conflict of interests.

For these reasons, legit officer or not, I would avoid them like an STD.

-Shield.
    majgreen wrote: »
    On a side note - having spoken with Five0Trainer I'd be fairly confident he is legit. I will not commit to saying 100% sure but has definitely provided enough info that should only be accessible to police officers via police systems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭sparkylarky

Is it just my phone or has the clock on join psni froze? Every time I go on it says 2 days 19 hours 24 mins

• Advertisement

Shield wrote: »
    As Homer01 already said, this user quietly closed their account after just 9 posts. For the record, they made no attempt to connect with me via PM after my comment.

I think we can all agree that, at best, this was just someone looking to make a quick buck on the side. Most likely they had no training skills or coaching experience, and would have just leaked confidential information from the assessment centre for cash. They pop up from time to time and are very easy to spot.

Also, as Banterbus28 correctly pointed out, serving officers are not permitted to work in this capacity as it's a clear and obvious conflict of interests.

For these reasons, legit officer or not, I would avoid them like an STD.

-Shield.
    majgreen wrote: »
    On a side note - having spoken with Five0Trainer I'd be fairly confident he is legit. I will not commit to saying 100% sure but has definitely provided enough info that should only be accessible to police officers via police systems

Likely he just bottled it tbh

Is it just my phone or has the clock on join psni froze? Every time I go on it says 2 days 19 hours 24 mins

They might just be trying to wind us up like they did when they laumched the website lol

They might just be trying to wind us up like they did when they laumched the website lol

Lol they are playing games with us!!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Cbm27

Lol they are playing games with us!!

Its changed to 1 day 15 hours and 21 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭blueboat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

blueboat wrote: »

It's one of the best booklets yet as is the website, even for us heading in.

Homer01 wrote: »

Have you guys got a date for going to GV?

Countdown seems to be working now. Can't believe there's only 1 more day to wait !!

Cbm27 wrote: »
    Countdown seems to be working now. Can't believe there's only 1 more day to wait !!

I know can't wait! Let's there's a job at the end of it all!!

Cbm27 wrote: »

I know can't wait! Let's hope there's a job at the end of it all!!

• Advertisement

Slo85 wrote: »
    Homer01 wrote: »

Have you guys got a date for going to GV?
    Yup.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭goodburger1

Good luck to all you guys applying. You think your excited now about the process opening tomorrow. Just wait till you get offered the job........

No days left on the countdown, just hours and minutes.
    Think applications open at 9am !!
    Good luck everyone

Good luck to all you guys applying. You think your excited now about the process opening tomorrow. Just wait till you get offered the job........

Care to elaborate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Rookie23 wrote: »

Care to elaborate?

Basically Goodburger is in the place we all want to be, a letter with a start date. Pure bliss.

Goonerdee wrote: »

Care to elaborate?

Basically Goodburger is in the place we all want to be, a letter with a start date. Pure bliss.

Apologise, I read that as a negative meaning the excitement will eventually fade! Can't even imagine the feeling of having a start date!

You don’t come off the high believe me. Counting down last days in present job now.

You don’t come off the high believe me. Counting down last days in present job now.
    Congratulations blueboat and everybody who is in the same position! Hope to be serving with you someday soon!!

Congratulations blueboat and everybody who is in the same position! Hope to be serving with you someday soon!!
    Good luck with the new campaign rookie, hope it goes a lot quicker for you guys this time round.

• Advertisement

Best of luck to all of you who have start dates. Did they give you much notice with regards to a starting date?

Advertisement