Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭blueboat

Plenty of notice, 5-7 weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Slo85

That's fab. I was expecting them to only give a couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭KN1231999

I need to get my 2 statements wrote up in word tonight lol

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭letsdoit2013

All the best with the applications guys I remember how excited I was just before applications opened. 2 years on and I'm starting Garnerville very soon in the November intake. My advice would be don't put your life on hold through the various stages of the Recruitment campaign. Let it run in the background as hard as it is and carry on with life as normal, take the job change, have that holiday. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

I know we are all buzzing but don't rush the application we have u til the 10th of November. Thousands will be applying tomorrow so expect crashes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭KnightRider21

did it crash in the 1509 campaign?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

did it crash in the 1509 campaign?

Nope. I applied on the day it opened.

They normally get between 5,000 and 7,000 applying which is obviously spread over the time it is open.

I would personally be more cautious with the IST as it is an unknown quantity. I'd try to pick a time when it is likely to be quiet.

Do they ever state how many recruits they are looking for?

Thats what i thought homer, same with my application. Its a form submission, not the most data intensive upload or download.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Thats what i thought homer, same with my application. Its a form submission, not the most data intensive upload or download.

And if it freezes or crashes just do it again. Not as easy with the IST.

I wonder who will get UID 171000001 :D

• Advertisement

Soon a have two UID’s for myself, the collection grows (unfortunately)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Pecks123

Long time lurker, first time poster�� first application tomorrow, good luck to everyone else applying tomorrow ��
    “All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.”

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Pecks123

Long time lurker, first time poster😎 first application tomorrow, good luck to everyone else applying tomorrow 😀
    “All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.”

The last one you could log back in etc. This one states that the application has to he done is one sitting...

Which indicates that it will be a live portal rather than a form submission.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Razor3677

Just scanning through the join psni website and can't see any info on the statements being included this year (Noticed in previous campaigns it was included in the old website). Anyone think that they could have removed this from the application?

Potentially. Who knows.

This new IST seems to be leaning towards what the english forces do... could that mean other things will have changed?

Just food for thought

Discuss..?

I've literally tried every verbal reasoning test I can find online. Anyone got anymore tips for practise?

• Advertisement

Slo85 wrote: »
    I've literally tried every verbal reasoning test I can find online. Anyone got anymore tips for practise?

You applied for any silly service jobs?

For the SJTs set up a dummy email and apply to likes of O2 etc just to get used to them.

Lol oh yes. I've even applied for Tesco. My poor children will be receiving lovely emails 🙈

If you have a significant other maybe they could make some TFCTs for you?

If you have a significant other maybe they could make some TFCTs for you?

He's ready for divorce with the amount I talk about this application 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭goodburger1

Rookie23 wrote: »
    Good luck to all you guys applying. You think your excited now about the process opening tomorrow. Just wait till you get offered the job........

Care to elaborate?
    Yeah. I got offered the job 2 weeks ago. One day I am all yes can't wait, the next day I am thinking is it the right thing for me to do. All over the place but in a good way.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭KN1231999

Banterbus, i honestly feel like they are trying to make recruitment more updated and effecient, after all it is one of the hardest application processes in the world

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Rookie23

Good luck to all you guys applying. You think your excited now about the process opening tomorrow. Just wait till you get offered the job........

Care to elaborate?
    Yeah. I got offered the job 2 weeks ago. One day I am all yes can't wait, the next day I am thinking is it the right thing for me to do. All over the place but in a good way.

I know what you mean. Good luck with everything and congratulations!!!

Care to elaborate?

Care to elaborate?

• Advertisement

Care to elaborate?

Advertisement