Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Rookie23

Rookie23 wrote: »
    Good luck to all you guys applying. You think your excited now about the process opening tomorrow. Just wait till you get offered the job........

Care to elaborate?
    Yeah. I got offered the job 2 weeks ago. One day I am all yes can't wait, the next day I am thinking is it the right thing for me to do. All over the place but in a good way.

I know what you mean. Good luck with everything and congratulations!!!

Good luck to all you guys applying. You think your excited now about the process opening tomorrow. Just wait till you get offered the job........

Care to elaborate?
    Yeah. I got offered the job 2 weeks ago. One day I am all yes can't wait, the next day I am thinking is it the right thing for me to do. All over the place but in a good way.

Care to elaborate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Soon a have two UID’s for myself, the collection grows (unfortunately)

This will be my fifth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

First radio ad today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Razor3677

So today's finally the big day, good luck to all those applying ! Hopefully I'll meet some of yous along the way !

Remember guys this is the beginning of a long journey. Take it as it comes. Don't put your life on hold. If you want it you WILL get it. Embrace it.

Don't worry about how many they are recruiting or the time frame or anything. Just do your best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Slo85

Best of luck everyone applying. Fingers crossed I get to meet and work alongside some of you. 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭KN1231999

Good luck to everyone applying today, Let's smash it.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭KnightRider21

Well that was the easiest application so far and no crashing. 5 minute job

• Advertisement

I was about to ask have they missed out part of the application form.

Job done and submitted 😜

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭sparkylarky

All the best to everybody

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Slo85 wrote: »

Job done and submitted 😜

Is it just a personal details form or is there questions to answer too? I won't be able to get on and check myself until after work.

NiK9 wrote: »
    Slo85 wrote: »

Job done and submitted 😜

Is it just a personal details form or is there questions to answer too? I won't be able to get on and check myself until after work.

Just personal details, tick boxes to say you meet the qualification requirements and a equality monitoring section too.

Nothing like the way it was bigged up on here, five minute job just have national insurance number handy. No statements and what not, easiest one by far and ran smoothly

Well done Deloitte

Omg a zero bull**** form lol

Definitely no 'barriers to recruitment with that' lol

This could be a lot more rapid than we thought...

can someone tell me how long it roughly takes to fill out? the only free time i have today is from 3:30- 4:30 would that be enough time

On my phone in 3 mins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Lockie101

That was a lot shorter than I thought, where were the questions? No references asked for? Does not feel like I may have just possibly changed my life forever! Yeah KN, that's enough; the max amount of time is 20/30 minutes I would say. 90 minutes was way overkill

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Lockie101

3 minutes is very quick, I took my time and read everything and made sure I did not make any silly mistakes and it took me about 10/15 minutes

Oh that was just to fill it in. I went through it again a couple of times. My job involves scanning docs fast.

My school careers department has sent me out an email notifying me of the Launch of recruitment, seems like they are trying to target younger people this intake, never received one like this before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭takodah

So I presume in the next 2 weeks we get an application form to fill out or it’s a link to the IST then first?

Who knows?

Laughed when it took me 10mins to fill the form in. I had all my qualifications ready, mock answers ready to copy and paste if relevant, coffee on the go. 8mins later was like.... Is that it? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Cbm27

Guys do any of use know if I can complete the Application form on my iPad? Or does it need to be a laptop??

I did mine on my phone. Had the laptop on standby just incase.

It worked on android so potentially will work on iOS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭takodah

Cbm27 wrote: »
    Guys do any of use know if I can complete the Application form on my iPad? Or does it need to be a laptop??
    iPhone worked for me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

Well, that's my application away now too, the long wait starts here. It was a good job that I didn't prepare any statements beforehand.

Advertisement