Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Lockie101

I wonder does this mean the rest of the application process is going to be tougher and they are just leading us into a false sense of security?

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭blueboat

Probably just getting everyone registered for the campaign at this stage. Wouldn’t worry too much. IST will be the first tough test.

Definitely, I have the want and will to prepare and revise but in terms of the IST, there really isn't an awful lot that can be done

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Chase1

It's a big relief hearing how quick and easy it was to fill out! I'll be doing mine this evening now, was going to wait until the weekend but if it's a 5 minute job then happy days!
    Did they ask for the exam results or qualifications? I won't need my school exams handy will I?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭takodah

Chase1 wrote: »
    It's a big relief hearing how quick and easy it was to fill out! I'll be doing mine this evening now, was going to wait until the weekend but if it's a 5 minute job then happy days!
    Did they ask for the exam results or qualifications? I won't need my school exams handy will I?

Nope just national insurance needed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Cbm27

Application submitted. Was not half as long as I expected. Few personal details and tick boxes.. Good luck everyone!!

I was the same Chase, I was waiting until this evening until I heard how short and easy it was and that there were no problems with the stability of the website so I went ahead and done it this morning, now just another month to wait until the IST emails come out....

takodah wrote: »

Is that the equivalent of a PPS number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Is that the equivalent of a PPS number?[/quote]

Yarp

Yarp[/quote]

Sweet thanks! Nice reference to a great police movie there with the yarp haha!

• Advertisement

After a quick google search, it seems that the NINnumber is the equivalent of a PPS but in England. So if you are from England and are applying then yeah I would personally put that but it might not be correct

Yarp

Sweet thanks! Nice reference to a great police movie there with the yarp haha![/quote]

Hey someone picked up on the reference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

If you are an applicant from the Republic of Ireland, please use your Personal Public Service (PPS) number. If you do not hold a UK National Insurance number or a Republic of Ireland Personal Public Service (PPS) number please use your country’s equivalent.

Yarp

Sweet thanks! Nice reference to a great police movie there with the yarp haha!

Hey someone picked up on the reference.[/quote]
    "Narp?!?!?!?!?" lol XD XD

Btw. Deloitte chinned me off guys when I asked if the IST will be available Mon-Fri or Mon-Sun w/c 20/11/17.

Just said you'll find out closer to the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

Btw. Deloitte chinned me off guys when I asked if the IST will be available Mon-Fri or Mon-Sun w/c 20/11/17.

Just said you'll find out closer to the time.
    It doesn't mention whether it's Mon-Fri or Mon-Sun during the application form either.

Worth a shot no? Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Just a quick question, has anyone used an iPad to apply? I’ve always had desktops before this but got rid of it for an iPad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Slo85

Goonerdee wrote: »
    Just a quick question, has anyone used an iPad to apply? I’ve always had desktops before this but got rid of it for an iPad!

I applied using my iPhone.

Just seen its already been asked

• Advertisement

Definately a lot shorter, I had my personal statements I have used every year copied and ready to paste and they didnt ask for them.

I am assuming there is no confirmation email?

I know they’ve never sent one, just looking to see if that is still the casez

It says that confirmation emails will be sent in 10 days

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭KN1231999

I made an accidental mistake on my application, do i just email Deloitte and they can change it or will i need to make a new one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Razor3677

KN1231999 wrote: »
    I made an accidental mistake on my application, do i just email Deloitte and they can change it or will i need to make a new one?
    Email info@joinpsni.co.uk they'll sort it easy enough for you

Razor3677 wrote: »
    Email info@joinpsni.co.uk they'll sort it easy enough for you

Ah thank you, i even triple checked my form and i completely missed it, it was a very simple mistake, it wouldnt affect my eligibility but i would rather have it perfect.

Spelling was it?

Spelling was it?

Check your PMs ill explain it lol

Do you think they will change it for me or will they terminate that application and make me fill it in again?

Depends on the nature of the form, but they'll keep you right and you wont be disqualified.

Just don't try a do another on as the Natiinal Insurance number will be your unique identifying number at this stage and computer will say no.

• Advertisement

Depends on the nature of the form, but they'll keep you right and you wont be disqualified.

Just don't try a do another on as the Natiinal Insurance number will be your unique identifying number at this stage and computer will say no.

I dont know if you got my PM but it explain what i done wrong, Do you know how long it might take for Deloitte to reply?

Advertisement