Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 2017

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

I got the PM :)

Deloitte stated at the end of form that application will take 10 days to process and that they cannot discuss your application before then.

I know it's frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭KN1231999

I got the PM :)

Deloitte stated at the end of form that application will take 10 days to process and that they cannot discuss your application before then.

I know it's frustrating.

That is frustrating, cant believe i made such a silly mistake, hopefully it can get resolved with no problems

It's not the worst thing that could happen. Be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭blueboat

blueboat wrote: »

Says 300 by summer 2018. The number is not absolute.

• Advertisement

True. Gives us something to chew on though. Ambitious target given current timescales, must be planning a major streamline. Better hurry up with rest of 1509 to make way.

Maybe running more than one squad at a time once 1509 are mopped up

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭shanevendrell

Well they usually say 100 and appoint around 400 so if they are saying 300 then that's very positive.

Exciting times ladies and gentlemen.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭KN1231999

Looking good, without jumping to conclusions if they have tripled the numbers every other year we could potentially be looking at 600-800 new recruits this year

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Slo85

All good news for us then 😜

KN1231999 wrote: »
    Looking good, without jumping to conclusions if they have tripled the numbers every other year we could potentially be looking at 600-800 new recruits this year
    Might be slightly generous with those numbers but very positive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

takodah wrote: »
    So I presume in the next 2 weeks we get an application form to fill out or it’s a link to the IST then first?

Who knows?

Laughed when it took me 10mins to fill the form in. I had all my qualifications ready, mock answers ready to copy and paste if relevant, coffee on the go. 8mins later was like.... Is that it? lol

Should have confirmation emails soon enough, someone else said 10days?
    But the applications doesn't close until 10th Nov. And IST wont be sent out until week commencing 20th Nov.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Lockie101

Up to 10 days for the confirmation emails which is just to say that Deloitte has processed your application.
    On a side note, Does everyone who meets the criteria of the application form get an IST link or is there any way to fail the application form?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭recruit099

Is it just me if you put down a polictial view down as nationalist or unionist would be frowned upon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

recruit099 wrote: »
    Is it just me if you put down a polictial view down as nationalist or unionist would be frowned upon?
    "None of the information in the Equality Monitoring section of the application form will be used to assess your eligibility to be appointed as a student officer."
    The information there is just for their records so they can say that so many unionists/nationalists applied, they have to do it by law.

No, there aren’t able to discriminate based on political view. Probably for the demographics and to see who is applying so that they can tailor present/future campaigns more appropriately.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭recruit099

Fair enough I would say I’m neither cause I don’t hold a political view anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

The worst part of any application is "community background". What has my commumity got to do with me lol. I'm sure many of us live in communities that are different from our own background.

Again it is just for the equality monitoring so they can prove that they aren't discriminating against any areas of the community. A person's background does not define their ability to be an officer and does not have any sort of decision throughout the process unless the officer uses their opinions/beliefs against others and treats people differently because they are from a different community.

• Advertisement

Lockie101 wrote: »
    Up to 10 days for the confirmation emails which is just to say that Deloitte has processed your application.
    On a side note, Does everyone who meets the criteria of the application form get an IST link or is there any way to fail the application form?

Pretty sure the application form is just a registration exercise.

Lockie101 wrote: »

Pretty sure the application form is just a registration exercise.
    Yeah it is but all businesses/companies have to do a Census-type thing where they declare all their staff to ensure they are being diverse enough with their staff

In NI yes. Its simply to protect businesses when someone claims that the didn't get a job for reason x. If you get me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 bangedtorights

Well folks, I have just submitted my application. Good luck and I wish the very best to you all. You are all good company on these boards too. Hopefully we can battle through and help each other through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Rookie23

This could be a silly and unrealistic question but during the application form they stated the date 10th May a few times. Is that the date we should expect the process to be finished and for applicants to know if they have got into GV or not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Razor3677

Rookie23 wrote: »
    This could be a silly and unrealistic question but during the application form they stated the date 10th May a few times. Is that the date we should expect the process to be finished and for applicants to know if they have got into GV or not?
    I think that's when they plan to start moving folks from this campaign into GV. Although the campaign will still more than likely be running as they'll process the higher scorers first.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Trainee bob

hey guys I'm gathering from these posts that the form isn't that hard to fill in and they'd have taken out the 2 statements?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Rookie23

hey guys I'm gathering from these posts that the form isn't that hard to fill in and they'd have taken out the 2 statements?
    Easiest job application form I've completed. And no personal statements

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Divingm

Hi guys,
    Does it have any section for stating if your a current serving officer in another UK police force? Also looking at the online tests that come next I thought there was maths etc in the tests but looking at it, they are just the two types of test. The true and false and the reading statements and using the info. Is this the general opinion. Just I had visions of maths etc
    Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 redsox101

Has the Numerical reasoning been done away with? I can't see any mention of Maths testing as done in previous years.

Advertisement