Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Rookie23

Divingm wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    Does it have any section for stating if your a current serving officer in another UK police force? Also looking at the online tests that come next I thought there was maths etc in the tests but looking at it, they are just the two types of test. The true and false and the reading statements and using the info. Is this the general opinion. Just I had visions of maths etc
    Cheers

Yea there is a tick box asking you if you are or not.
    And your correct about the tests. Just the verbal reasoning and situational judgement this time round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 redsox101

Out of curiosity I'd be interested to know if the maths was dropped for similar reasons to the push pull test.

I know the previous test I did which involved the use of a "data sheet" as part of the Numerical reasoning took up most of my time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

redsox101 wrote: »
    Out of curiosity I'd be interested to know if the maths was dropped for similar reasons to the push pull test.

I know the previous test I did which involved the use of a "data sheet" as part of the Numerical reasoning took up most of my time.

I guess it is allows them a greater pool to potentially pick from.

There are potentially great cops that fall at the IST. While the IST is an important indicator I think the AC is a better one.

Best of luck folks!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 redsox101

Couldn't agree with you more Homer! The police has always been first choice but I put in for the recent NIFRS full time recruitment... granted totally different job but the testing for it was definitely failing people who could do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭KN1231999

Thought I would update you guys, got an email back from Deloitte and they said it would be no problems and would change my application for me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

Hello all.
    Back for another crack at the whip.
    I see they have mixed up the IST this time (glad to see the back of the data/number tests). 
    Time to get practicing.
      [*]

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Divingm

So what’s people’s thoughts on the IST examples? Don’t seem to bad with a bit of common sense approach. Shame they are not doing transfers for exsisiting cops. Have to just apply as a new starter then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Great to see you back Gee, I’m still trying too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭sparkylarky

Divingm wrote: »
      So what’s people’s thoughts on the IST examples? Don’t seem to bad with a bit of common sense approach. Shame they are not doing transfers for exsisiting cops. Have to just apply as a new starter then.

They don't seem too bad at face value but don't be lured into a false sense of security they can have very simaler answers!!

That's my appocation away in, I wish they would just close the application now and take us few in 😂. I see the new 2017 video on YouTube has well over 6000 views, that's a bit worrying!! There could be alot applying this year!

• Advertisement
    • Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

That's my appocation away in, I wish they would just close the application now and take us few in 😂. I see the new 2017 video on YouTube has well over 6000 views, that's a bit worrying!! There could be alot applying this year!
      I wouldn't worry about the number of views on the video as most probably won't apply. It's just like all the people tagging their mates on the facebook posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

Goonerdee wrote: »
      Great to see you back Gee, I’m still trying too.
      Hi Goonerdee - Glad I'm not the only one back for more torture.

Hopefully that's the case!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Cbm27

The start of a long process for us all.. Dosent help that I'm so impatient!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Pecks123

Cbm27 wrote: »
      The start of a long process for us all.. Dosent help that I'm so impatient!
      All good things come to who he waits 😆

That's my appocation away in, I wish they would just close the application now and take us few in ��. I see the new 2017 video on YouTube has well over 6000 views, that's a bit worrying!! There could be alot applying this year!
      Link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

It's that video that explains the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭blueboat

https://youtu.be/qbETs9IJucA

Fantastic video. Breaks down every stage very clearly. Such a thorough process.

blueboat wrote: »
      https://youtu.be/qbETs9IJucA

Fantastic video. Breaks down every stage very clearly. Such a thorough process.

That's the one!!

ah, thanks lads. video is actually really informative

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Lockie101

It's okay, the video only has 10 likes, that means only 10 people are interested in joining! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

Lockie101 wrote: »
      It's okay, the video only has 10 likes, that means only 10 people are interested in joining! :D
      I don't think Stacy will be applying though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 armchairrunner

Hi everyone,

I seen a thing there about recruitment coaching for the entrance tests, I wonder would it be worth doing? Although I was also thinking how much could they really know about the SJT?

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Hi everyone,

I seen a thing there about recruitment coaching for the entrance tests, I wonder would it be worth doing? Although I was also thinking how much could they really know about the SJT?

Cheers

No coaches are going to know much about the new IST as it has completely changed. Anyone offering coaching for ist is probably just going to give you questions you could find online yourself. Although coaching for the A.C. may be of help. But company's can't be recommended on this board.

Bit off topic, and maybe personal but how long would you all say you had a passion to the join service for? i would say its been 5 years for me, i know it depends on age too. im in the age 18-20 range

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

KN1231999 wrote: »
      Bit off topic, and maybe personal but how long would you all say you had a passion to the join service for? i would say its been 5 years for me, i know it depends on age too. im in the age 18-20 range

I'm mid 20s and I only decided to try and join during the 2014 campaign. I never wanted to do it up until then. I'm in my dream job currently, wanted it since I was a kid. But dreams and goals change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Razor3677

I'm in the same age bracket as yourself, I would say I've been interested for as long as I can remember, I have close relatives that are officers, and their experience and stories have always intrested me.

I'm 20-25 age range, I ALWAYS wanted to do somthing of this nature, when I was younger it was the army but my mind changed because I dint want to be away from home, it all changed when I watched a programme on TV in 2009 called on the firing line I think it was all about London police firearms team and I just knew that was right up my street! I was mad about the police and my friends thought I was crazy! I couldn't understand why they don't think joining the police was awesome lol. This is my first time applying as I dint feel i was ready to apply and looking back I'm glad I dint in a sense I don't think I would have got in anyway I was still learning a lot about life and maturing. I believe I have a solid enough foundation now to give it a shot and hopefully have a relistic chance of getting in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Slo85

I'm 20-25 age range, I ALWAYS wanted to do somthing of this nature, when I was younger it was the army but my mind changed because I dint want to be away from home, it all changed when I watched a programme on TV in 2009 called on the firing line I think it was all about London police firearms team and I just knew that was right up my street! I was mad about the police and my friends thought I was crazy! I couldn't understand why they don't think joining the police was awesome lol. This is my first time applying as I dint feel i was ready to apply and looking back I'm glad I dint in a sense I don't think I would have got in anyway I was still learning a lot about life and maturing. I believe I have a solid enough foundation now to give it a shot and hopefully have a relistic chance of getting in!

I'm in the 30-34 bracket but family always thought I was crazy for wanting to do this job and they always said it wasn't a job for girls. It's now or never for me. My kids are old enough to cope with the shift patterns now so here we are. Ready to tackle the next few challenges.

• Advertisement
    • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

20-25 age bracket. Police family, third atyempt to join as I aleays wanted to be a peeler much to the amusement of my friends and family. Some family don't want me to do it because they remember the dark days. Significant other isn't too pleased but she supports my decision.

I always wanted to help people. Earlier in life it was the army like sparky but you don't really get to help people in the army.

Having worked in the health sector primarily in learbing disability and mental health I have seen some pretty mental **** but i want to help those vulnerable people before they end up in the places I used to work in.

I now work in an office and i'm twitching to be outside. I want to help people. I want to be the ad hoc social worker, youth worker, the first aider, the shoulder to cry on and the protector.

Catching baddies and getting to go on blue light runs will be pretty good to.

Advertisement