Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 2017

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Feckoffcup

Probably been asked a million times, but as a catholic im wary of the risk of being targeted. Is it justified? Or is it all overhyped scaremongering?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

Lockie101 wrote: »
    C3POPO wrote: »
    Remember they are looking for you to demonstrate your competence against the list of Personal Behaviours, so make sure you have thoroughly read and understood the behaviours and can think of how you can put them into practice in real life.
    Is there an actual list of these "Personal Behaviours"?
    You'll find them here on pages 14 and 15: https://www.joinpsni.co.uk/uploads/1506032096-guidance-for-applicants-2017-09-21.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Feckoffcup wrote: »
    Probably been asked a million times, but as a catholic im wary of the risk of being targeted. Is it justified? Or is it all overhyped scaremongering?
    Everyone is at risk no matter their religious beliefs.
    DR's just want to target Catholics more to stop further applications so they can "justify" their armed campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭blueboat

The threat is very real.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭sparkylarky

NiK9 wrote: »
    DR's just want to target Catholics more to stop further applications so they can "justify" their armed campaign.

Couldn't agree more! Further to your point in my opinion the motive underneath is to appear the police to be a prodestant majority force which they want to ethnicity cleanse! If I get into the police I really hope I get to come face to face with DR (in custody lol) and have a serious chat with them! Like person to person with politics removed and just ask them why?? In the context of their life what will it matter in 50/60 years?? is it really worth killing people? You won't be here in a few years nobody will know who you are, tell me why,are you REALLY sure it's worth taking a life for absolutely nothing at the end of the day? What i REALLY want to ask them most of all is what are you going to say to your creator when you die???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Mate they aren't freedom fighters, or political beings they are simply brain washed psychopaths who have found a justification to murder people. They don't care if they kill your kids in the process. Cowards

Couldn't agree more! Further to your point in my opinion the motive underneath is to appear the police to be a prodestant majority force which they want to ethnicity cleanse! If I get into the police I really hope I get to come face to face with DR (in custody lol) and have a serious chat with them! Like person to person with politics removed and just ask them why?? In the context of their life what will it matter in 50/60 years?? is it really worth killing people? You won't be here in a few years nobody will know who you are, tell me why,are you REALLY sure it's worth taking a life for absolutely nothing at the end of the day? What i REALLY want to ask them most of all is what are you going to say to your creator when you die???

A wannabe DR is just gonna give you hate. A true DR won't speak. He'll not even say no comment. They'll just stay silent.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Chase1

A bit of a change of subject, and I'm getting way ahead of myself as I'm only applying for the current campaign now, but is there a particular type of car that would be recommended to drive whilst working for the PSNI?
    I know they can't stop you from owning any particular car, but you can't rock up to the station in a lambo (over exaggerating :) ) every day for your shift as the car will be recognisable on your days off.
    I currently drive a car that is rare enough on Irish roads, south of the border anyway, and am looking at what I might have to buy if I was to get the job! 2L saloon, standard hatchback, SUV type? I'm not familiar with common vehicles up north :)

Diesel.

I plan to get a reliable runabout for work, if I make it. Diesel, manual, cheap enough to run and common as muck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭majgreen

Chase1 wrote: »
    A bit of a change of subject, and I'm getting way ahead of myself as I'm only applying for the current campaign now, but is there a particular type of car that would be recommended to drive whilst working for the PSNI?
    I know they can't stop you from owning any particular car, but you can't rock up to the station in a lambo (over exaggerating :) ) every day for your shift as the car will be recognisable on your days off.
    I currently drive a car that is rare enough on Irish roads, south of the border anyway, and am looking at what I might have to buy if I was to get the job! 2L saloon, standard hatchback, SUV type? I'm not familiar with common vehicles up north :)
    In all honesty, the less recognisable the better. Avoid personalised number plates and "child on board" etc stickers because it just becomes more unique. Having said that, there are plenty of peelers who spend their money on flashy cars with personalised plates that are easy to spot...

I worked in a fast food chain a while ago. Had a girl flash a warrant card at me trying to get blue light discount. Then she got get a car with a personalised plate and I was stunned.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Chase1

Yeah it'll definitely be a diesel that's for sure!
    Trying to find the line of flashy but not too flashy haha. Good shout on no personalised plates!

I have a good few close friends who are serving constables and every one of them drives golfs. I bet every one of you reading this has either owned one before, someone in your house has, or a neighbour has one lol. Not only that alot of the new golfs are amazing on fuel and some have zero road tax lol.
    If I get in I'll definitely have to change my vehicle as I stand out like a sore thumb.

I have a good few close friends who are serving constables and every one of them drives golfs. I bet every one of you reading this has either owned one before, someone in your house has, or a neighbour has one lol. Not only that alot of the new golfs are amazing on fuel and some have zero road tax lol.
    If I get in I'll definitely have to change my vehicle as I stand out like a sore thumb.

Brap brap brap?

All a car has to do for me is;

1. Diesel
    2. Manual
    3. Fit children
    4. Big boot. I have big dogs.

Brap brap brap?

No no defiantly not lol. It's just not a common vehicle in the cities. With my current job I have to go "of roading" alot to get to jobs so my vehicle matches my job needs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Slo85

I've a personalised number plate which is literally my last name. If I'm successful I'll stick it on the hubbys van.

Slo85 wrote: »
    I've a personalised number plate which is literally my last name. If I'm successful I'll stick it on the hubbys van.

Yea that would be a good idea! Make him a target lol jk! I think if I got in I would change my car regularly

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Cbm27

I wonder how many people has applied for this campaign so far. I remember during the 2015 recruitment they published a new article that 800 people had applied within the first 24 hours. Would be good to know how many are in the pool this time round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭KN1231999

Cbm27 wrote: »
    I wonder how many people has applied for this campaign so far. I remember during the 2015 recruitment they published a new article that 800 people had applied within the first 24 hours. Would be good to know how many are in the pool this time round.

Maybe we can get an FOI?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Slo85

Slo85 wrote: »

Yea that would be a good idea! Make him a target lol jk! I think if I got in I would change my car regularly

Lol will make sure life insurance is up to date. Only joking lol.

I would need to change my car anyway so might as well do it all in one go.

KN1231999 wrote: »
    Cbm27 wrote: »

Maybe we can get an FOI?

I'm not sure who we could even ask for that? Was just out of interest as in 2015 it was on the news that a stampede of people applied within 1 day thought something similar would be published this time round but haven't seen anything

Yea kn1231999 a foi would be good! Don't have a clue how to do one though!

I wouldn't put one in until after nov 10th as everything is very fluid atm and FOIs take a minimum of 10 working days

I wouldn't put one in until after nov 10th as everything is very fluid atm and FOIs take a minimum of 10 working days

Prob would be the best idea and you would know final numbers as well

Was just out of interest, thought we would of heard on the news or something. Would be hard to get an accurate picture anyway as a lot of the 1509 ones have applied again and they could be getting their calls and starting GV soon

I dont understand why those waiting on a call are applying again. They are gonna get in, the fact this campaign is running guarantees it. The only thing stopping them is maybe failing vetting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭majgreen

I dont understand why those waiting on a call are applying again. They are gonna get in, the fact this campaign is running guarantees it. The only thing stopping them is maybe failing vetting.

It's not guaranteed at all. The funding could be cut at any minute and it's actually what happened in my campaign.

• Advertisement

majgreen wrote: »

It's not guaranteed at all. The funding could be cut at any minute and it's actually what happened in my campaign.

Just thinking, I'm not saying your wrong or anything but they must have a good idea there will funding or they wouldn't be running this new campaign?

Advertisement