Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 2017

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

You have nothing to be afraid off. There will likely be heated debates on this forum. But there is absolutely no reason being a female will hinder you in anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭KN1231999

Mimi468 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I also submitted an application the other day. I'm new to this and was wondering are there many females on this thread. Just by reading through some posts I'm assuming majority are guys ? I'm quite nervous about apppying for a few reasons but it's my dream job so I guess it's good to have some support from people who are in same position.
    exactly what banterbus said, welcome! And don't be nervous, there's a good variety on this forum. From youngest to oldest and male and female no one is the same in the forum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Hi everyone. I also submitted an application the other day. I'm new to this and was wondering are there many females on this thread. Just by reading through some posts I'm assuming majority are guys ? I'm quite nervous about apppying for a few reasons but it's my dream job so I guess it's good to have some support from people who are in same position.

The PSNI is made up of approximately 30% females and most campaigns attract about 30%.

So yes there are mostly male police officers but don't even think about letting it put you off.
    I know a few people who are currently in, male and female, and they all talk of the support given from your classmates.

Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Hi mimi, there are some females on here (including me), various age groups also, I would be one of the older ones on here. Welcome to the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Cbm27

Welcome Mimi. Im a female as well, aged 22. There are all ages and both genders on here. Good luck with your application!

• Advertisement

Just thinking here. What age is everybody?
    If you dont wanna be specific just give brackets, or tell me to sod off if you dont want to say.

Male 22 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭BlueCop8790

Male 20

Male aged 18, probably one of the younger ones here

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mimi468

Thanks everyone ! I'm female , age 31, just been reading up loads about gv I assumed if successful u would have to reside there but looks like it's only if far away. I wouldn't want to as I have 3 kids anyway but just wondering does anyone know would it be mon-Fridays then

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Cbm27

Thanks everyone ! I'm female , age 31, just been reading up loads about gv I assumed if successful u would have to reside there but looks like it's only if far away. I wouldn't want to as I have 3 kids anyway but just wondering does anyone know would it be mon-Fridays then

Know a few people who have been there. Monday to Friday yes, was optional to live there but think now they give first priority to those who live furthest away

• Advertisement

Female ............. 36 :’(

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Chase1

Well my application is now officially in! Best of luck to everyone applying :)

You work a saturday or sun if there is a bank/public holiday earlier in the week. So they don't have to pay you double time

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Pecks123

male 22 but look 35 odd :angry: lol

If you're a may/april/march intakeyou'll be working a sat + sun, because of the 12th.

And if you are in a swuad that starts sept-nov you'll again be workong both weekend days because of xmas.

Pecks123 wrote: »
    male 22 but look 35 odd :angry: lol

Hahaha. I'm 22 and look 14 (when i shave)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Slo85

I'm a female. I also assume that most are males.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Slo85

If you dont wanna be specific just give brackets, or tell me to sod off if you dont want to say.

Female 32

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ZXC53

KN1231999 wrote: »
    Male, only turned 18 last week, glad to see I’m not the only one - problem is I look about 15...

Goonerdee wrote: »
    Female ............. 36 :’(
    You're still a young gunner, you will do great!

• Advertisement

ZXC53 wrote: »
    KN1231999 wrote: »
    Male, only turned 18 last week, glad to see I’m not the only one - problem is I look about 15...
    Don't worry about it mate, we will be fine, we have just as much chance as everyone else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Never worry about age. I got through to the A.C. on the last campaign and during it half of the people were male and half female.
    1 person actually turned up in a school uniform because he had to get out of school to attend and another person was at the upper age limit and I know that because I knew them as they worked with my dad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

I don't want to be too specific with age as this is a public forum so I'll just say I'm male and in my 20's. Also sod off Banterbus :P

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Rookie23

I'm also female and 21! Regardless of age and gender we are all going through tbe same thing and in this together on this board :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Don't want to be a party pooper but I would recommend caution with how much you post here.
    Our favourite moderator can put it better than me.
    Stay safe :)

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057501905/1/#post97221808

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭blueboat

Second this. Anyone can see these messages and to err on the side of caution we have to assume they do. Little bits of info can slowly be built up to work out who you are. Stay safe.

Alright then going forward. No mention of identifying info. Names, are you live, area you work, where you work etc.

Gender and age is as far as I would go in building up a physical picture. A few times I have began typing something then I’ve thought can that build up a picture of me, then deleted it.

Also be general about tattoos. Dont talk about what they are

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Lockie101

Male 19

Advertisement