Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Chase1

Let's all remember we're on the same side folks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Please stop with the drama.

I don't even know you but if you say things on a public forum that I believe to be wrong then I will challenge that. As many others have done.

For example when you start asking people how they old are.[/quote]

Roger so far.

There's no drama. I make my opinion known. I have thick skin.

If you followed the thread to that point people were voicing concerns about age. Never asked anyone to do anything I didn't or wouldn't do myself.

Roger so far.

There's no drama. I make my opinion known. I have thick skin.

If you followed the thread to that point people were voicing concerns about age. Never asked anyone to do anything I didn't or wouldn't do myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭majgreen

Let's keep her on topic folks.

In regards to your claim Banterbus that probationers aren't as aware/appreciative of the threat, well it's utter nonsense. Having been there myself once I can tell you that there isn't a single call I went to where i didn't at least have a small doubt that it could be a come on. Garnerville heavily emphasises the importance of personal security and awareness of the threat.

Have I ever been shot at? No. Has a bomb ever gone off in front of me? No. Does that mean I'm less aware or appreciative of the threat I face every day when leaving my house and getting in my car, travelling to and from work, going from call to call, heading out into town on my days off? Not in the slightest. The old hands have been through some rough rough times and I'm glad I never saw them, but it doesn't mean newer officers aren't as switched on.

Did i pretend it was fact? Just reiterating what I have been told.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭majgreen

Just disputing what is wrong. As i said, let's keep it on topic otherwise Shield will end up locking the thread

Sorry if I lack tact but i just want everyone to be safe.

We all have loved ones who we have to come home to. That's what's important.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭takodah

Keeping on topic: When on response and you stop the car and have to run after a suspect or to a scene do officers leave keys in the car/car running?
    I know it makes no sense to do so but I have been watching loads of The Force and a few times it looks like officers just abandon the car, keys and all. Food for thought lol!

Be real awkward to explain that to your DC if your car gets stolen lol.

Theres a video of police in england having their car stole and took for a joyride.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭takodah

Ha ha made me laugh! At least they brought it back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Slo85 wrote: »
    NiK9 wrote: »
    I'm doing every test I can find online for ist, but honestly most of my time is being spent on a.c. prep as that's where I failed last campaign.

This is my first time applying so I have no idea what to expect with regards to the AC. Keep looking at various things online.

I've been going through loads of role play books and making acronyms for the things I have to remember. You can make notes during a.c. so I'm just practicing writing out the key words through acronyms etc.

Regards to the security posts. We prob don't hear 10% of the stuff that really goes on but it's not hard to start getting into good habits. Start to always reverse I to spaces. Get under your car and see what it really looks like from both sides,front and back. Take pictures and print them so you can really get a good look.
    If you have a garage, start using it to park in. (I currently park in my garage every night because I carry alot of work equipment. It's just a habit now. Plus my dogs sleep in garage.
    If I got into psni and a Dr was able to get through my garage door, past my dogs(built in alarm lol) and I missed a search, well then I'd be the stupid one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

Slo85 wrote: »
    I'm doing every test I can find online for ist, but honestly most of my time is being spent on a.c. prep as that's where I failed last campaign.

This is my first time applying so I have no idea what to expect with regards to the AC. Keep looking at various things online.

If I got into psni and a Dr was able to get through my garage door, past my dogs(built in alarm lol) and I missed a search, well then I'd be the stupid one.

I was wondering why a doctor was going to be breaking into your garage lol

Aye good luck getring past my dogs as well lol

Mix up your routes to work, the shops etc just make it a habit.

majgreen wrote: »
    Let's keep her on topic folks. .

How is overtime allocated? and can you volunteer for it?

What are the rates?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 srm17

Does anyone know if there is an interview within the stages of the process? I haven’t seen any mention of it on the website so was just wondering if any of you have an idea? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭blueboat

No interview

Just for discussion;

I feel there should be a face to face interview, thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 srm17

Just for discussion;

I feel there should be a face to face interview, thoughts?

Me too. I haven’t done the AC yet but I assume they get all a feel for your problem solving skills etc there? Still, gives you the chance at an interview to let them know about previous situations you’ve been in and how you’ve dealt with that without being assessed at the time lol.

Competency based interview would be amazing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

In all the excitement I forgot about how the Greens are getting on. Makes me look forward to getting that far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

I'm glad that there is no interview.

NornIron74 wrote: »

I only do well with competency based interviews, all the others are a real struggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Chase1

NornIron74 wrote: »

I'm with you on that one!

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Trainee bob

homer and banterbus what stage are use currently at ?

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Lockie101

Homer is going into hotel GV now and Banterbus is applying with the currently open application, if my memory serves me right

Correct

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭KN1231999

Advertisement