Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 2017

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

NiK9 wrote: »
    Get an accountant

The PSNI systems like all public sector employers require overtime claims to be completed personally.

An accountant is not going to have access to police systems...

takodah wrote: »

Aye it is banter.

Nah family of mine are aware of him, one knows him, and the consensus he is just a bitter and resentful person. He has money and a sense of entitlement....[/quot

Fair enough.

If my memory serves me correctly he was asked to resign for misconduct

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 redsox101

I've read the unnamed book and seen the Facebook page. Definitely a interesting read but I'll form my own opinion on his views.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭takodah

redsox101 wrote: »
    I've read the unnamed book and seen the Facebook page. Definitely a interesting read but I'll form my own opinion on his views.

Exactly Redsox.

Aye it is banter.

Nah family of mine are aware of him, one knows him, and the consensus he is just a bitter and resentful person. He has money and a sense of entitlement....[/quot

Fair enough.

According to the book he left of his own accord as his bullying claims where not dealt with correctly. Again there is more than one side to each story.
    He claimed that he was the victim of systematic bullying against him by a seperior. Several of his team made complaints and either left or transferred due to his seperoir. After being told several times there was no evidence of bullying (over a 3 year period) he finally got a response saying he was right. The seperior for years of bullying got a slap on the wrist. The seperior got a form that you get as punishment for things like not having your note book up to date. Whereas in ther professions you would be sacked.
    That was his book in a nut shell lol

• Advertisement

Oh yea. Not suggesting what you should think. But he's just a bit too resentful for me to consider it credible

Aye it is banter.

Fair enough.

According to the book he left of his own accord as his bullying claims where not dealt with correctly. Again there is more than one side to each story.
    He claimed that he was the victim of systematic bullying against him by a seperior. Several of his team made complaints and either left or transferred due to his seperoir. After being told several times there was no evidence of bullying (over a 3 year period) he finally got a response saying he was right. The seperior for years of bullying got a slap on the wrist. The seperior got a form that you get as punishment for things like not having your note book up to date. Whereas in ther professions you would be sacked.

Ah yes i remember now. There was an article I read about the misconduct.

Aye it is banter.

Fair enough.

Ah yes i remember now. There was an article I read about the misconduct.

Do share if you have it :)

I dont unfortunately. i have been looking for a half hour

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Pecks123

Need

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

NiK9 wrote: »
    Get an accountant

The PSNI systems like all public sector employers require overtime claims to be completed personally.

An accountant is not going to have access to police systems...

Don't need access to police systems,just your p60s and receipts. Also the miles you did. Etc.

The question asked was fear about overtime claims and how not knowing what you are doing could lead ti bad things happening... not tax rebates...

Pecks123 wrote: »
    Need your help peps off holidays this week and after that am not going back to work with ongoing issues bullying etc so I have another job lined up but it will be another couple of weeks so I was to get a Sickline and on the Sickline I was putting stress due to high workloads with unrealistic deadlines, could this affect vetting and medical with police if I get this far

Unknown ask a solicitor

Pecks123 wrote: »
    Need your help peps off holidays this week and after that am not going back to work with ongoing issues bullying etc so I have another job lined up but it will be another couple of weeks so I was to get a Sickline and on the Sickline I was putting stress due to high workloads with unrealistic deadlines, could this affect vetting and medical with police if I get this far

Only worry i'd have is throw in horrific scenes (dead kids etc), wild abuse, long hours, shift work, rest days getting cancelled, mad unplanned over time, terrorist threat etc

Would you be able to manage if you are stressed in your current job?

My point is your health comes first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Smirn0ff

Evening all,
    Im a long time observer on this forum, following the processes and application discussions. Have stuck an application in for the current campaign. Im currently a serving officer across the water, looking to return home. Done it all here - but want to get myself back to NI where I grew up.
    I was wondering if there is anyone currently in the same boat - or even better that has progressed through from another force and can advise on a few things via PM?
    Otherwise, I shall continue to monitor and pipe up should I have anything useful to add or take!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Stevo 344

Smirn0ff wrote: »
    Evening all,
    Im a long time observer on this forum, following the processes and application discussions. Have stuck an application in for the current campaign. Im currently a serving officer across the water, looking to return home. Done it all here - but want to get myself back to NI where I grew up.
    I was wondering if there is anyone currently in the same boat - or even better that has progressed through from another force and can advise on a few things via PM?
    Otherwise, I shall continue to monitor and pipe up should I have anything useful to add or take!

Hey mate I'm in the same boat! Was in the met for two years just recently moved to MOD police (bad move I know ) but missing home like crazy so trying get back be my 3rd time applying for psni ist tests get me all the time. Shame they don't take transfers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Smirn0ff

Stevo 344 wrote: »

Hey mate I'm in the same boat! Was in the met for two years just recently moved to MOD police (bad move I know ) but missing home like crazy so trying get back be my 3rd time applying for psni ist tests get me all the time. Shame they don't take transfers
    MOD? Strange one! haha..  I agree - the amount of experience on the mainland who would move home in a heartbeat would probobly fill an intake or two before the off... Politics I suppose. This will be my first time applying, as I was ruled out due to that 'IT Qualification' a few campaigns ago - whoevers bright idea that was haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Stevo 344

Smirn0ff wrote: »
    Stevo 344 wrote: »

MOD? Strange one! haha..  I agree - the amount of experience on the mainland who would move home in a heartbeat would probobly fill an intake or two before the off... Politics I suppose. This will be my first time applying, as I was ruled out due to that 'IT Qualification' a few campaigns ago - whoevers bright idea that was haha.

Yeah just got sick of London tbh. AFO now tho the only good thing that's come from mod but pretty boring nothing like the home force. Well good luck to mate and to all the guys on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 redsox101

Hopefully third time lucky applies to myself. I missed out on the AC phase by 1 and 2 points in the previous 09/10 campaigns but that was definitely down to the maths aspect of testing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 bangedtorights

I’m in the same position as you gents. We will just have to give it our best shot and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Divingm

I am in the same boat as well guys. It looks like this time round there maybe less hurdles in terms of tests. Seems like it’s been streamlined a fair bit. What was the IT qualification last time? Have they told you that they will honour your service and pay should you get in?

From what I have read on FOIs but the bestbplace is just to ring recruitment.

Is that you keep your current payscale. Plus NITA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 bangedtorights

I haven’t asked about that yet. I’m just taking it one step at a time. If I get in, I will be certainly wanting discussions around that and probationary period.

I don’t think any of us are going to walk this process and get in.

We all have an equal chance to get in, whether we are currently doing the job or not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

From the FAQ's on the JoinPSNI page.

Officers currently serving in other police services are free to apply to the current recruitment process when open to applications, but no dispensation because of previous service will be offered during the recruitment process. When in training all Student Officers have to obtain the level 5 Diploma in Policing in the 23 week programme - and this effectively means all elements of the initial training need to be completed in full regardless of previous experience. Consideration is given to experience after the officer obtains the Diploma in Policing and attests - in terms of courses already obtained that may carry over and in addition consideration may be given (provided evidence and the legislation allows) to the waiving of the probationary period or length of probation to be served after successful completion of the 23 week programme. Regarding recognition of previous continuity of service and pension / salary consequences you should note that discussion on this matter can only take place on commencement of training and each case will be considered on an individual basis.

I spoke with recruitment and they said that as long as no break in service then your pay scale would be honoured. I hope so as I am 16yrs in lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

Likewise guys I am applying from a service across the water too.

I agree there is not much advantage of having previous service or not. Police recruitment is one big pantomime. :)

Divingm wrote: »
    I spoke with recruitment and they said that as long as no break in service then your pay scale would be honoured. I hope so as I am 16yrs in lol

I think you will still be on probation though. But still on the max pay scale

Yeah you are on probation mate but pay scale is the same. Not bothered about probation again might refresh me lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

Divingm wrote: »
    Yeah you are on probation mate but pay scale is the same. Not bothered about probation again might refresh me lol

Probation again for 2 full years? :o pressure to pass more exams eughh

Advertisement