Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Cbm27

Depends how many they take on, if it is 300 recruits. A squad start GV every 6 weeks, so would be mid/end of 2019 at a rough guess. Also depends on how quickly they actually go through the recruitment and get people started

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Slo85

Cbm27 wrote: »
    Depends how many they take on, if it is 300 recruits. A squad start GV every 6 weeks, so would be mid/end of 2019 at a rough guess. Also depends on how quickly they actually go through the recruitment and get people started

Would be great if they take more than 300!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭RedPool2891

Don't forget that squad sizes would have an impact too.  They have reduced from c50 to c30...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Stop fixation on this 300.

They'll take what they need.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Rookie23

IST soon so good luck everyone.
    I have been told around 6-7 thousand applied.
    Highest scorers expected to go into GV around Sept 18.
    Based on previous campaigns to pass the IST u would roughly need to get 2/3 of the test correct.

Hope this answers a few questions.

Any chance they will start taking them in before that time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Cbm27

Rookie23 wrote: »
    Based on previous campaigns to pass the IST u would roughly need to get 2/3 of the test correct.

Not sure, that's just what I've been told.
    I wuldnt say it wud be much before that though as the recruitment isn't being handed to PSNI until end of March 2017. Then it takes time for them PSNI to do online learning, vetting, physical and medical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Rookie23 wrote: »

Not sure, that's just what I've been told.
    I wuldnt say it wud be much before that though as the recruitment isn't being handed to PSNI until end of March 2017. Then it takes time for them PSNI to do online learning, vetting, physical and medical.

Yea I think you're right.
    The last campaign has around 5/6 more classes to finish their campaign so that would be may possibly june.
    No July training due to busy marching season.

Application eligibility stated we must be 18 or over by 10th May 2018, so that's when calls may start going out for this campaign. Top scorers will prob be starting anytime june/aug/sept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 bangedtorights

All the best for next week everyone. Hopefully we can all smash it and jump over this hurdle.

It would be great to put some names to faces in the next few stages and GV of course!

Sure. We'll all be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

I'd guess that we will get our links to the IST sometime after noon tomorrow, most likely Thursday or Friday.

• Advertisement

Hopefully. Along with a link to a few practice tests maybe... Come on Deloitte... Yanno ya wanna

NornIron74 wrote: »
    I'd guess that we will get our links to the IST sometime after noon tomorrow, most likely Thursday or Friday.

Not sure as people have until tomorrow to submit reasonable adjustment proof, then Deloitte will have to edit the links to be sent to everyone. I say it will prob be Mon morning before we get the emails.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Chase1

For people questioning when first squad intake would be, the short answer is nobody knows.
    Some people are saying 2019, some people are saying September 2018, personally I was told June 2018.
    Everyone's guess is as good the next. Going on previous advice from boardies, take that job promotion, go on that holiday, and live your live while the application process progresses :)

I have heard June 2018. But that's probably people from 1710 who will score 85+

No medical issues

No issues with regards to notice period

Vetting passed really quickly.

And the stragglers from 1509 will probably be there to.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭shanevendrell

Highly doubt it will be June. The very top scorers from 1509 only done their PCAs and Medicals in June and July of 2016 and our campaign started a month earlier in the calendar year.

It will almost certainly be after their summer break for the marching season.

Remember Deloitte and the PSNI are trying to make this campaign faster than the others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭takodah

Go on.... you know you should practice..... Do it!

That’s my self motivation for today. IST is on the way

Oh yip

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

Hello everybody hope you are all doing ok. Ive been trying to post on this forum for ages but kept getting a stupid error message! anyway I applied last week well before the deadline closed. I'm trying to not worry about it and just going to take it one stage at a time, I guess if its meant to happen for me it will! Still haven't received any further information about the IST but I guess it will arrive in due course. Take care BB.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rossco22

Out of curiosity, does anyone know much about the fast track program for applicants who show great potential? I haven't been able to find much information on it.

• Advertisement

I believe it's similar to the GB programme which after your probation can see you get to inspector in 4 years.

Personally I can think of nothing worse than moving up the ranks. If I ever got the chance I'd maybe go for Sgt but that's it. I'd far rather be out on the ground. I know the supers etc do go out but just not enough for what I want lol. Im not an office person at all, i currently work outside 99% of my job already and enjoy that.
    None of us are joining to get rich, so id rather have a job I like than have the extra money from rank.
    Just my opinion, everyone's goals are different:)

NiK9 wrote: »
    Personally I can think of nothing worse than moving up the ranks. If I ever got the chance I'd maybe go for Sgt but that's it. I'd far rather be out on the ground. I know the supers etc do go out but just not enough for what I want lol. Im not an office person at all, i currently work outside 99% of my job already and enjoy that.
    None of us are joining to get rich, so id rather have a job I like than have the extra money from rank.
    Just my opinion, everyone's goals are different:)

I 2nd this

Anyone else wishing the IST emails are here already. Then once it comes I'll panic that I'm not prepared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Slo85 wrote: »
    Anyone else wishing the IST emails are here already. Then once it comes I'll panic that I'm not prepared.

Same here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 bangedtorights

Slo and Gonnerdee, you will both be great! GV is waiting for you both.

I had to do some digging but I think the IST is running from 22/11/17 - 29/11/17 (for those who are not doing the adjusted tests). So it may will be Monday before we get the IST link.

So it's mon-sun not Mon-Fri :)

I'll happily take a place at GV just put the head down and work my way through each stage.

Happy days mean I can ship the husband and kids out and get peace to do it.

I'll happily take a place at GV just put the head down and work my way through each stage.

Only if you live further than 50 miles away I believe. The rest of us have to travel ;(

• Advertisement

Only if you live further than 50 miles away I believe. The rest of us have to travel ;(

Advertisement