Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 2017

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭takodah

Slo85 wrote: »
    I'll happily take a place at GV just put the head down and work my way through each stage.

Happy days mean I can ship the husband and kids out and get peace to do it.

Only if you live further than 50 miles away I believe. The rest of us have to travel ;(

I'll happily take a place at GV just put the head down and work my way through each stage.

Only if you live further than 50 miles away I believe. The rest of us have to travel ;(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Slo85

takodah wrote: »

Oh I meant ship them out so I can do the IST.

I won't be staying at GV if I'm successful. I'all have to travel.

My god if I could spell. I'll have to travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 a320famalam

Hi all. Just wanted to say hello!

Bit of background, I originally applied in 2014... I think. Remember doing the IST in person in Belfast, on a Saturday morning if I remember correctly. Did assessment centre and then waited a few months for a score. Passed but was on the low side. Waited months, then got online learning, PCA date and vetting forms through all within a rushed timescale - probably towards the end of 2015 or start of 2016. At this point in time of just started a new job and let the whole PSNI thing lapse - unfortunately.

Now giving it another go! Best of luck to all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Hi all. Just wanted to say hello!

Bit of background, I originally applied in 2014... I think. Remember doing the IST in person in Belfast, on a Saturday morning if I remember correctly. Did assessment centre and then waited a few months for a score. Passed but was on the low side. Waited months, then got online learning, PCA date and vetting forms through all within a rushed timescale - probably towards the end of 2015 or start of 2016. At this point in time of just started a new job and let the whole PSNI thing lapse - unfortunately.

Now giving it another go! Best of luck to all.
    Welcome to the board. Good luck with this campaign!! Hopefully you can help with some tips when it comes to the A.C. lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Still no email about IST?

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭RedPool2891

Nope - think someone suggested Monday but you never know!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭recruit099

If you read the website you’d all see why there is no email

The website says the link will available for IST 20th Nov onwards. No reason as to why information could be released earlier as is the case with civil service tests...

• Advertisement

Could not be*

recruit099 wrote: »
    If you read the website you’d all see why there is no email

From the website;

"You will receive this link by the week commencing 20th November 2017."

Not on the week commencing.

The sentence is open thus could I fear that the link could be released before 20th...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭BlueCop8790

Just thinking if you were to stay at garnerville during your training is there a curfew you have to be back in the station for ?

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭RedPool2891

Just thinking if you were to stay at garnerville during your training is there a curfew you have to be back in the station for ?
    You planning a few wild party nights??? lol

I have no idea - I've never seen it mentioned on here, sorry.

You planning a few wild party nights??? lol

I have no idea - I've never seen it mentioned on here, sorry.
    Haha certainly not, I'd be too busy with my head in the books, just curious as I passed garnerville recently and seen the main gates were closed before 10pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 bangedtorights

Well looks like it will be Monday before the IST links go out. It will be a busy day with emails firing out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

One more day to go (hopefully) then this roller coaster ride is officially running.

Good luck all, hopefully all boardies get through.

Goonerdee wrote: »
    One more day to go (hopefully) then this roller coaster ride is officially running.

Good luck all, hopefully all boardies get through.

Best of luck everyone. Hopefully we all get the chance to progress to the next stage.

Don't rush I to it guys take a couple days to get come practices in and do a couple of warm up questions before the test

Don't rush I to it guys take a couple days to get come practices in and do a couple of warm up questions before the test

Yeah, in practices I’m still not happy with my VRT results. I’ve tried looking at the questions then the paragraph and vice versa, the latter seems to be the better for me.

• Advertisement

Yeah, in practices I’m still not happy with my VRT results. I’ve tried looking at the questions then the paragraph and vice versa, the latter seems to be the better for me.

Just remember.

Ignore your own knowledge. The passage is gospel.

If it says it's true in the passage it's true

If it says it's false in the passage it's false

If anything else it's can't tell

Good luck guys, it's all very real now, I'm desperately scanning the internet to find any tests I haven't done.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭KN1231999

Ill probablyspend the next 3 or 4 days doing intense sessions to practice before i do the actual thing, will make sure to have a can of redbull beside me lol

Some tips I have is watch out for words like “may” and “could”.

Could be the difference between can’t tell and true/false.

KN1231999 wrote: »
    Ill probablyspend the next 3 or 4 days doing intense sessions to practice before i do the actual thing, will make sure to have a can of redbull beside me lol

I may regret it but I’m giving my family my credit card and telling them to find somewhere to go for two or three hours lol.

That will depend entirely on the context of the question and the passage

That will depend entirely on the context of the question and the passage

For example.

Passage states.

"The increase in the use of renewable energy may be the cause to the increase of job losses in the oil industry"

Question asks.

Renewable energy has caused jobs losses in the oil industry.

Answer is can't tell.

The passage neither states that renewable energy is or is not the cause of the job losses.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭KN1231999

I may regret it but I’m giving my family my credit card and telling them to find somewhere to go for two or three hours lol.

Sometimes its the only way to get some peace and quiet!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 mwat17

Hi all
    I'm practising as much as I can by just googling and trying to find verbal reasoning and SJT's and I'm not doing very well on those *sigh*

It will break me not getting through the IST part, this is where I have failed before. Despite practising lots.

Still no email here either

Advertisement