Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 2017

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Sorry it was 30 questions

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭C3POPO

I doubt they will give you 90 mins to complete - the previous test had a specific time element to them so that you would be put under pressure. You might have a set time overall to read all the instructions and have a go at practice questions. Briefing document for the current IST says:

There are two parts to the IST, and you will be able to take each
    part separately if you prefer. You should note that a time limit applies for each
    element of the assessment. No clock will be shown on the IST screen, so prior
    to commencing your assessment, you should ensure that you have access to a
    clock or stopwatch that will enable you to self manage the time available to
    complete the assessment.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Lockie101

I do definitely remember seeing 90 minutes for the IST at one stage... Takodah, we also had 90 minutes for the application and look how long that was so I would say that the number of questions is irrelevant. And no it definitely says on the PSNI website that the full IST must be completed in one sitting from start to finish and cannot be interrupted and continued.

Lockie101 wrote: »
    I do definitely remember seeing 90 minutes for the IST at one stage... Takodah, we also had 90 minutes for the application and look how long that was so I would say that the number of questions is irrelevant. And no it definitely says on the PSNI website that the full IST must be completed in one sitting from start to finish and cannot be interrupted and continued.

How is the number of questions irrelevent?

And no it states in the guidance that each part can be taken seperately. It only says you will have only one opportunity to submit a completed IST...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭RedPool2891

Midday start maybe?

C3POPO literally copy and pasted from the guidance...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Ugh, no email. I see it stated that you would receive the email by the week commencing 20th Nov. Technically they could wait until Friday before sending it and they would still be correct.

Okay guys, I stand corrected, I was just basing what i said off my understanding and because it said we have only one opportunity to complete the test, I assumed that it meant like any other type of formal exam that once it started that was you until the end of the exam to complete the entire thing and once it was over then that was it

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭RedPool2891

Get used to the wait, guys and gals! :D

• Advertisement

Okay guys, I stand corrected, I was just basing what i said off my understanding and because it said we have only one opportunity to complete the test, I assumed that it meant like any other type of formal exam that once it started that was you until the end of the exam to complete the entire thing and once it was over then that was it

You were mixing up the initial application with the initial selection test Lockie101 :) The application had to be completed within 90 minutes and in one session, but the IST doesn't have an overall time limit and can be completed in different sessions. Each of the tests will have a time limit. Which is as much as we know at this point - hopefully the e-mail will make things clearer :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭takodah

Anyone else in work today but haven’t been focused as all you can think is IST IST IST? just me lol?

C3POPO wrote: »

You were mixing up the initial application with the initial selection test Lockie101 :-) The application had to be completed within 90 minutes and in one session, but the IST doesn't have an overall time limit and can be completed in different sessions. Each of the tests will have a time limit. Which is as much as we know at this point - hopefully the e-mail will make things clearer :-)

Yeah I am just trying to gather information and learn, it is my first time applying and is a huge learning curve for me, Personally I wil be completing it in one sitting with a short food/toilet break betwee the two, might as well when i am in the mindset for it.

Yes Takodah, sitting in school now with a mound of work to do and instead sitting on the boards and watching my emails XD

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭KN1231999

takodah wrote: »
    Anyone else in work today but haven’t been focused as all you can think is IST IST IST? just me lol?

Yeah same lol im in college but cant focus at all lol

Ha ha good to know I’m not the only one. My first time too. Sadly I know the wait will be long from other threads highlighting this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 srm17

Me! Checking my e-mails every 2 minutes lol

I am well aware the wait will be long, hopefully a lot quicker than 1509 though! Only because today is the start of the IST in my head and want to know as much about it as possible, same as the application, we had weeks to do it but on opening day I just had nothing but it on my mind

This IST is the first time they have done it this way - it is new to us all - we are all in the same boat :)

I wonder if Deloitte employees are sitting in their offices pissing themselves while reading these boards, watching us all freak out over an exam that they have been writing for the past few months lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 slimmboyfat

So can I just check that no one had received an IST email yet ?

• Advertisement

I work in an office at my own pace as I do case work and I have only managed one case today whilst usually I'd be halfway through my third

No emails as of yet

“We are currently in the process of finalising arrangements for the next stage in the recruitment process which is the online Initial Selection Test (IST). We will be in touch with you again by email by 20th November 2017 with further information, including details of how to access the IST. ”

From the confirmation email so we hopefully expect some news via email

“We are currently in the process of finalising arrangements for the next stage in the recruitment process which is the online Initial Selection Test (IST). We will be in touch with you again by email by 20th November 2017 with further information, including details of how to access the IST. ”

From the confirmation email so we hopefully expect some news via email

Betcha they will wait till 3pm or some ****

Or they could be waiting until they guessed everyone has finished school, work and college...I

The test may not open this week.... I just read the guidance again.

"all applicants who submit a successful application will then receive an invitation to complete the online Initial Selection Test (IST). This invite Will be issued by week commencing 20th November 2017. The invitation Will include the link to the online test, instructions on how to complete the test and details of WHEN the test will open. "

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭KN1231999

I honestly dont know, but im not gonna worry about it, we will get it when we get it at this point lol

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Cbm27

APPLICATION STAGE UPDATE (20/11/2017 1.30PM): We are currently processing applications and aim to be in touch with all applicants regarding the IST stage later this week.

Just checked JOIN PSNI website there as I'm like everyone else on here, patiently waiting for that IST email. Took info above directly from their page

Hahahahahahahahahahahahshahahahahahaha

Amazing

• Advertisement

Hurry up and wait. Yanno what I'm just chilling until told to do something lol

Advertisement