Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭shanevendrell

If you're losing your marbles after one day of waiting then I dunno haha

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭KN1231999

I'm still mindblown how there's so many different people of all ages, colours and creeds here all wanting the same thing, if you actually think about it we can benefit eachother by propping up each others weaknesses, for example all the older boys and girls can give advice on real world things and their experience can help the young ones like myself, and vice Verda the younger ones can help with the exam part and give good tips and advise on study techniques
    It's really amazing, if we actually put our heads together no one should fail here, because an individuals weakness is always another's strength

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Feckoffcup

How can they stop terrorism if they can't send some emails out????

Jk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Feckoffcup wrote: »
    How can they stop terrorism if they can't send some emails out????
    Jk

Since when has Deloitte been counter terrorism? Lol

Oh right, why is Deloitte doing their work for them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

The short answer is transparency and accountability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

Too many people must be checking their emails as Outlook is down lol

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Smurfmaster1

I've had a few dealings with Deloitte in the past. Very hit and miss but it's very early days yet so don't panic everyone. The longer the email takes to be sent out the more time there is to practice.
    If you've ever been through public service recruitment before like me you'll know to take dates/timescales with a pinch of salt!
    Good luck everyone when the exam finally does come out, hopefully we all will be working together in the future! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

I've had a few dealings with Deloitte in the past. Very hit and miss but it's very early days yet so don't panic everyone. The longer the email takes to be sent out the more time there is to practice.
    If you've ever been through public service recruitment before like me you'll know to take dates/timescales with a pinch of salt!
    Good luck everyone when the exam finally does come out, hopefully we all will be working together in the future! :)

Aye took me a year from first applying to get appointed in my current job...

KN1231999 wrote: »
    I'm still mindblown how there's so many different people of all ages, colours and creeds here all wanting the same thing, if you actually think about it we can benefit eachother by propping up each others weaknesses, for example all the older boys and girls can give advice on real world things and their experience can help the young ones like myself, and vice Verda the younger ones can help with the exam part and give good tips and advise on study techniques
    It's really amazing, if we actually put our heads together no one should fail here, because an individuals weakness is always another's strength

Aye but we are competing atm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭FinalTry32

Def take them with a pinch of salt .. Was just over a year in my current job .. The waiting game isnt fun but you soon get used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭recruit099

Would you’s all just calm check the website as it said from the week commencing on the website and stop being so melty. Ya melts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Because they are the recruitment company the PSNI use in order to stay impartial.

On a side note Feckoffcup you could really do with cleaning your profile, making a dig about stopping terrorists is one thing but within 5mins of clicking on your profile I've seen posts about..
    How you support North Korea,
    You want right wing politics in the republic,
    Talking about Russian Muslims,
    Saying France is going to be a black hole because of African immigration.
    Just to name a few. If you pass the IST and A.C. you have to give your social media accounts on your vetting forms. I doubt things like that will go down too well with the vetting officers.
    Just a helpful suggestion.

Yes a few stupid comments , some I believe some is trolling. Thanks for creeping on me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 TERRYFOLDS

;105329445Yes a few stupid comments , some I believe some is trolling. Thanks for creeping on me though.
    It's not just vetting you need to worry about. I'd advise you to set up a seperate account for communicating on the PSNI forum and delete your previous posts on this forum. I will PM you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Slo85

Emails are out.

Oh yip. I like the screenshots. Looks very user friendly and easy to use

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 bangedtorights

Haven’t gone mine yet :-(

Haven’t gone mine yet :-(

Neither has my cousin. I had my application in by 9.10am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 bangedtorights

Ah that makes sense. Thank you Slo.

I applied at like 10pm on the first day, so hopefully it will come later.

Thanks again :-)

• Advertisement

No problem.

Would make more sense that they are staggered.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Smurfmaster1

Bring it on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 srm17

got mines!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Rookie23

Got mine! Roll on tomorrow!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭BlueCop8790

Good luck guys, I'm sure the boards will be quiet tonight with everyone desperately trying to get in some last minute revision.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rossco22

Ladies and gents, we are live :)

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭KN1231999

Got mine, let's smash this.
    We will be seeing all of eachother in Belfast
    Keep the positive atitude all the ay through

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭TheBigLight

Email out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

Got my email too, I hope everyone on here passes.

• Advertisement

Why would you do it tomorrow lol?

Earlier submission may mean earlier AC if you pass.

Less time to practice for AC

Longer wait for results...

Advertisement