Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 2017

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

Slo and Gonnerdee, you will both be great! GV is waiting for you both.

I had to do some digging but I think the IST is running from 22/11/17 - 29/11/17 (for those who are not doing the adjusted tests). So it may will be Monday before we get the IST link.
    So bangedtorights was right, maybe he/she should be applying for MI5 instead lol

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭TheBigLight

Why would you do it tomorrow lol?

Link being sent separately tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Rookie23

I've been waiting for this for so long as I'm sure with everyone else. I'd do it now if I could!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Nah I'm gonna take a few days make sure I'm squared away. Then hit it

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Rookie23

Good luck with it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 mwat17

I don't think they are staggered in replying, I didn't do my application until the 8th and got my email late afternoon today!

I'll be doing the practice questions numerous times haha and hopefully submit Friday or Tuesday (my work schedule can change!)

Hopefully they actually send the email link tomorrow!!

Rookie23 wrote: »
    Good luck with it!

You to buddy. All will be grand. Nobody rush it please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 bangedtorights

NornIron74, anything else you want to know, just pm me lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

NornIron74 wrote: »
    Slo and Gonnerdee, you will both be great! GV is waiting for you both.

I had to do some digging but I think the IST is running from 22/11/17 - 29/11/17 (for those who are not doing the adjusted tests). So it may will be Monday before we get the IST link.
    So bangedtorights was right, maybe he/she should be applying for MI5 instead lol

Thank goodness it is a week long, gonna do some more practices then hit it when I am relaxed and have everyone else kicked out of the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭FinalTry32

Just got my email :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

I'll probably do mine over the weekend, means I'll be well rested from work and have a few days of practice.

NiK9 wrote: »
    I'll probably do mine over the weekend, means I'll be well rested from work and have a few days of practice.

Was thinking the same myself , Prob do mine on Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Feckoffcup

Got the email
    I would like to take this opportunity to distance myself from the north Korean government

Feckoffcup wrote: »
    Got the email
    I would like to take this opportunity to distance myself from the north Korean government
    Hahahahahaha

Is anybody else going to do the 2 sections seperately? Like VRT one day and SJT another.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Smurfmaster1

I'll probably take a break between them but I'd rather do them on the same day and get it out of the way. I'm sure it would be fine but not sure I trust the servers enough to save my answers for the first part lol

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Cbm27

Hopefully the actual test are similar to the practise ones and not harder!!
    Good luck everyone, it's all very real now.. And if you lot are like me and have been waiting months for this and feeling excited, but now knowing that it's happening I'm super nervous!

Is anybody else going to do the 2 sections seperately? Like VRT one day and SJT another.

I was gonna do one, take a coffee break and then do the other but then got thinking - if we get to the AC and its re-done in the AC we prob wont get a break between them so might be better to do them in one sitting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭BlueCop8790

Think I'm going to do them one after another as once I get going I'm hoping I'll be in the zone

Ill probably do them in one go, maybe a 5min break between. Just depends how I feel on the day. Like smurfmaster says servers or internet could go down or a personal emergency. Would rather do it all at same time to make sure everything is submitted in one go.

• Advertisement

NiK9 wrote: »
    Ill probably do them in one go, maybe a 5min break between. Just depends how I feel on the day. Like smurfmaster says servers or internet could go down or a personal emergency. Would rather do it all at same time to make sure everything is submitted in one go.

I wouldn't. You have to think differently for each set...

FinalTry32 wrote: »

I was gonna do one, take a coffee break and then do the other but then got thinking - if we get to the AC and its re-done in the AC we prob wont get a break between them so might be better to do them in one sitting

But I doubt the IST test at AC will be a full re-sign...

FinalTry32 wrote: »

But I doubt the IST test at AC will be a full re-sign...

Hmm .. Not sure what way it will be, Guess we wont know til or if we get there!

Good Luck with your IST!!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Lockie101

Indeed, Good luck everyone! Personally will be doing it in one sitting when I know it can be done without being disturbed. Any ideas as to when the results of the IST come out? And I assume via email again?

If I did it one go I would probably end up losing concentration. I don't have to worry about being disturbed as I will be home alone, I'm also going to unplug the phone and let the dog inside so she doesn't bark at every little thing lol

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Lockie101

I do not mean this in an offence way at all but if you struggle to stay concentrated during an IST then how are you going to stay concentrated with the hours of studying in GV and the mounds of paperwork that comes with the full role? Not meaning to be rude but just what came to mind there

• Registered Users Posts: 27 mwat17

Lockie101 wrote: »
    I do not mean this in an offence way at all but if you struggle to stay concentrated during an IST then how are you going to stay concentrated with the hours of studying in GV and the mounds of paperwork that comes with the full role? Not meaning to be rude but just what came to mind there

You don't know this persons situation, needs or requirements ...if he/she has coping methods for a test I'm sure they will also (as will we all) have coping methods for GV. I don't think it's something you need to comment on.

Easiest way to answer that is people learn in different ways. In GV people will study for tests. With IST it's practicing not studying. People learn in loads of ways. So concentration can be hard sometimes.
    Some learn by just reading, some remember by making poems and some learn by association. Best example I can give is how I learnt types of fire extinguishers years ago through colour association.
    Water is a red label like a fire engine
    Co2 is a black label like smoke
    Powder is a blue label like the writing on baby powder
    Foam is a cream/off white label like shaving foam
    Chemical is yellow label like chemical/rubber gloves.
    I know it's really silly but that way has always worked for me lol.

No offence taken. When I was doing practice tests I was getting easily distracted as I have been doing loads of them and was getting bored. Once I go to do the real thing I will be concentrating fully.

• Advertisement

People are different...

Advertisement