Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 2017

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Slo85

Got my link email through and Id number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Good luck

God bless

May the force be with you

Live long and prosper in this IST

All the best guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

Got mine too, the UID number does seem to relate to how many people applied before you.

NornIron74 wrote: »
    Got mine too, the UID number does seem to relate to how many people applied before you.

Yeah I think so too. Not too many in before me lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 bangedtorights

All the best and good luck everyone. Hopefully see you all on the other side

• Advertisement

All the best and good luck everyone. Hopefully see you all on the other side

Best of luck. Be good to put names to faces.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Lockie101

Just a question, without giving away any UID’s obviously, mine has a 4 digit number then a space and then a 3 digit number; what was said about the numbers going up in 1’s, does that correlate to the 4 digit number or the three

Lockie101 wrote: »
    Just a question, without giving away any UID’s obviously, mine has a 4 digit number then a space and then a 3 digit number; what was said about the numbers going up in 1’s, does that correlate to the 4 digit number or the three

Mine is a 4 digit number then a 2 digit one.

And guys can we chill, I specifically said “no offence, please don’t take this as me being rude”, I was not making digs or intentionally being rude. I know everyone is different and it was just something that came to mind! NornIron74 (who the comment was in reply to) didn’t take any offence to it but everyone else did. Chill out guys

Slo85 wrote: »

Ah okay, so the second number is the one that increases meaning there was a significant people applying within the first hour since I applied around 9:45/10am on opening day

• Advertisement

Ah okay, so the second number is the one that increases meaning there was a significant people applying within the first hour since I applied around 9:45/10am on opening day

Would make sense. My application was in by 9.10am.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭KN1231999

Got my Email, To be honest i dont think there was alot of people applying this year judging by my UID

Yeah, I would say you number is pretty low, still my number is pretty low considering the 7-9K expected applicants! Did we ever hear of a total number of people who applied, even a rough number?

KN1231999 wrote: »
    Got my Email, To be honest i dont think there was alot of people applying this year judging by my UID

Did you submit your application later.

Yeah, I would say you number is pretty low, still my number is pretty low considering the 7-9K expected applicants! Did we ever hear of a total number of people who applied, even a rough number?

I haven't personally only others on here saying between 7-9k

Roughly when did you apply?

Do sit matter?

The herd will be thinned...

Yeah that’s the number I heard but I heard that before they started and wanted to know if it actually ended up as that amount

Yeah that’s the number I heard but I heard that before they started and wanted to know if it actually ended up as that amount

I could be wrong but I don't think they've came out with an official number.

Yeah, I hope they do, would be interesting to know! On a side note, when is everyone planning on taking the test? Because of other commitments I have to do it early in the week rather than later

• Advertisement

Yeah, I hope they do, would be interesting to know! On a side note, when is everyone planning on taking the test? Because of other commitments I have to do it early in the week rather than later

I wouldn't mind just out of curiosity. I'm planning fri evening. The kids are out. I'm kicking the husband and the dogs out.

I wouldn't mind just out of curiosity. I'm planning fri evening. The kids are out. I'm kicking the husband and the dogs out.

Sounds like the perfect opportunity, personally I don’t feel like waiting until Friday (between today and Friday morning is my personal timeframe to do it) would do me any more benefit because I feel as practiced as I can be

Sounds like the perfect opportunity, personally I don’t feel like waiting until Friday (between today and Friday morning is my personal timeframe to do it) would do me any more benefit because I feel as practiced as I can be

I've done so many practise tests that I'm at a stage where I'm overthinking it. With work and kids fri is the earliest I'll get to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭BlueCop8790

I feel like I'm prepared to do the test and can do it right now if I wanted to however I don't want to rush in to things

I've done so many practise tests that I'm at a stage where I'm overthinking it. With work and kids fri is the earliest I'll get to do it.

Exactly, I think if you keep looking at it and thinking then you will just confuse yourself and overthink your answers! For the SJT I seen somewhere that the best thing to do is to go with your gut instinct, read the scenario as if you actually are there and someone did just ask you to cover that shift (example from the website)

Exactly, I think if you keep looking at it and thinking then you will just confuse yourself and overthink your answers! For the SJT I seen somewhere that the best thing to do is to go with your gut instinct, read the scenario as if you actually are there and someone did just ask you to cover that shift (example from the website)

Yep exactly. Hmm I might book for them all to go to the cinema later and give me peace and get it done.

Yep exactly. Hmm I might book for them all to go to the cinema later and give me peace and get it done.

“Hey wanna go to the cinema later?”

“Sure sounds good, what you wanna go see?”

“Nah I’m not going, just need you out of the house”

Nice one XD

Just gonna point out that your UID number has no bearing on how you will perform. It does not matter.

Number of people that have applied does not matter.

This forum is to support those applying and fixating on the UIDs is not helpful nor adding value. It's just spamming people.

You only have 7 days to get this test done and this is how you decided to spend time?

I don't care if I offend anyone, please stopping melting us.

“Hey wanna go to the cinema later?”

“Sure sounds good, what you wanna go see?”

“Nah I’m not going, just need you out of the house”

Nice one XD

Haha that is exactly how the conversation will go.

• Advertisement

We are just curious as to the amount of people applying, we are all aware that it has no affect on our performance but that does not mean we can’t be interested by the numbers.

Exactly, we have a week to do it and It doesn’t open until midday I think anyway.

Finally, the number of people does apply because the results of the IST and AC go onto a Bell Curve meaning the amount of people doing these sections greatly changes the results. Also the more people that applied, the more competition we all have, not that is makes any of us try more or any less at any of the stages

Advertisement