Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 2017

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 bangedtorights

The link is already active and open. You can even do it now, if you wish to.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Lockie101

The link is already active and open. You can even do it now if you have wish.

Ah okay, I stand corrected sir, I assumed because it closed at 12pm next Wednesday that it opened at 12pm today! Good luck to everyone who is making the plunge today

No worries Lockie. Wasn’t having a go or anything. You will smash it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Lockie101 wrote: »
    We are just curious as to the amount of people applying, we are all aware that it has no affect on our performance but that does not mean we can’t be interested by the numbers.

Exactly, we have a week to do it and It doesn’t open until midday I think anyway.

Finally, the number of people does apply because the results of the IST and AC go onto a Bell Curve meaning the amount of people doing these sections greatly changes the results. Also the more people that applied, the more competition we all have, not that is makes any of us try more or any less at any of the stages

Worrying about the number of applicants is like worrying about your own mortality lol.

Not helpful yu are just filling your head with stuff that you don't need to think about.

Yeah I know you weren’t, I always welcome to be corrected! Would rather be corrected and better informed than to not be corrected and remain none-the-wiser! Thanks mate, you’ll do great too!

• Advertisement

Why worry about something you can't change?

How do you know it goes into a bell curve?

Why is it not FPTP?

We are just curious as to the amount of people applying, we are all aware that it has no affect on our performance but that does not mean we can’t be interested by the numbers.

Exactly, we have a week to do it and It doesn’t open until midday I think anyway.

Finally, the number of people does apply because the results of the IST and AC go onto a Bell Curve meaning the amount of people doing these sections greatly changes the results. Also the more people that applied, the more competition we all have, not that is makes any of us try more or any less at any of the stages

Worrying about the number of applicants is like worrying about your own mortality lol.

Not helpful yu are just filling your head with stuff that you don't need to think about.

That’s life, life is thinking about things that don’t always need to be thought about. I am not worrying about the amount of applicants in the slightest; numbers, figures and statistics just fascinate me and I love to see them, especially with things that I am involved with.

Verbal Reasoning. You do not have enough information to determine whether it's true or False. Therefore it must be cannot tell.

😉

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭FinalTry32

Folks, Just got mine, I applied the afternoon before it closed and I know some of you are curious ref numbers .. Mine is a pretty high 4 digit number!

Verbal Reasoning. You do not have enough information to determine whether it's true or False. Therefore it must be cannot tell.

😉

Okay mate... you got me on that one XD

• Advertisement

Why worry about something you can't change?

How do you know it goes into a bell curve?

Why is it not FPTP?

Sorry Banterbus, I know you are more informed than myself on these things which is why I am here, to become more informed! What is FPTP?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Divingm

Anyone currently serving across the water can you PM me
    Cheers

First past the post.

They could literally pull a number out of their arse and then those who achieve or surpass that number progress

Pretty much what every examining board does with “educational” exams... they just choose that 2% of the population get A* and then seperate them off and work it that way.... Could well be that Banterbus, didn’t think about that tbh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

Does anyone know if you can click on the link as many times as you want as long as you don't start the test? I want to go on to get an idea of the number of questions/ time limit.

The email that was sent out says that the link can be reclicked (does not say how many times) BUT the second click on the link and any subsequent clicks on the link MUST be using the same device as the first time and using the same internet connection (meaning the IP address is the same) or else the link will be blocked and will not open

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭TW2017

NornIron74 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can click on the link as many times as you want as long as you don't start the test? I want to go on to get an idea of the number of questions/ time limit.
    VRT - should have 30 questions, SJT should have 16 questions, You have 90mins to complete all questions, but the test itself doesn't have a timer you'll need to use one, e.g a phone... I think.

Just to clarify, 90 minutes for the IST??

In total over both sections, that's what I heard, but not 100% sure

In total over both sections, that's what I heard, but not 100% sure

• Advertisement

It says in the email that both sections of the IST should be done in under an hour.

I heard 90 minutes for the IST too but earlier in the thread everyone was saying I was confusing the IST with the initial application and then i confused myself but I was almost sure it was 90 minutes for the IST as well

"[font=Verdana, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont]It will take less than one hour for you to complete the whole IST process online."[/font]

Go by the instructions in your email.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 rubbadubdub

So just Situational Judgement Test - pretty straightforward! A lot of centre talk not sure if people have done those on sample tests before, few questions very similar answers but happy enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭BlueCop8790

Decided to bite the bullet and take the test, was difficult enough, I would strongly advise everyone to time themselves as the test is timed although the timer will not be provided on the screen.

Well done rubadubdub! At least it’s out of the way now. Hopefully you will get the results way before 19th Dec

Same to you bluecop

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭RedPool2891

SJT done now too.  Will do the next bit shortly.  No matter how well you think you've done, you never can tell!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 rubbadubdub

ran out of time verbal reasoning - have nailed those ones previously! Found that hard!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Slo85

I'm worried if I don't complete it in time it won't be considered. I read in the email that partially completed ISTs will not be considered. Am I reading this wrong.

Advertisement