Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 rubbadubdub

Imagine that is if you only complete one test and not the other, attempted tests even if not finished in time would be considered completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭RedPool2891

I don't like those ones! Did you get close to finishing?  If so, you might be ok so don't worry too much.  There will be people out there who will score WAY better than you, but there will also be people who will score WAY worse.
    It's done now and can't be changed so try not to panic.  Keep your head up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Yea guys be careful what you say.

"Public discussion / sharing of information about the IST by any means, including via Facebook, Twitter or via any other forum is strictly prohibited."

May not be apparent now but you will have to put this forum on your vetting forms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 bangedtorights

Hey Slo, yeah I think that only applies if someone just does one test and doesn’t attempt the other one.

It will still count even if you run out of time.

Hopefully we will not have a big long wait for results

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Slo85

Hey Slo, yeah I think that only applies if someone just does one test and doesn’t attempt the other one.

It will still count even if you run out of time.

Hopefully we will not have a big long wait for results

Great. I've always completed practise ones within the time frame but you just never know. Cheers.
    They gave a date when we should expect to hear by. Hopefully they stick to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Lockie101

Just finished mine, Bangedtorights, said that they will email results by the 18th December

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

If you go to the link and click the first button does it start the actual test or does it give you practice questions first. I don't want to accidentally start the test lol

Whoops double post

You can click the link without starting the test but there is no point as it just gives you instructions which are identical to the website and the email this morning. The only thing it gives you is timeframes for the sections which I will not be saying because I do not know the extent of the “releasing information on social media” clause, therefore keeping all information to myself

Lockie101 wrote: »
    You can click the link without starting the test but there is no point as it just gives you instructions which are identical to the website and the email this morning. The only thing it gives you is timeframes for the sections which I will not be saying because I do not know the extent of the “releasing information on social media” clause, therefore keeping all information to myself
    Thank you

• Advertisement

For the ones who have completed the IST. Did you's do it on a laptop or computer?

Computer as it is on an Ethernet wired connection rather than WiFi which can sometimes be slower (longer loading times between questions and wasting time) and is more reliable than WiFi

Computer as it is on an Ethernet wired connection rather than WiFi which can sometimes be slower (longer loading times between questions and wasting time) and is more reliable than WiFi

Ahh great idea. I shall get th husband to hook up my laptop before I turf him out later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Slo85 wrote: »

Ahh great idea. I shall get th husband to hook up my laptop before I turf him out later.

I dont even think an ethernet cable is an option on mine! Will have to rely on wifi. I’m too nervous to open mine at the minute, give myself today to prepare for it. Hopefully feel more confident tomorrow.

Just right - only start when you're ready.  Although, how ready can you actually be?...

Exactly, only so ready that you can be but make sure you are as calm as possible! Not going to lie I was very nervous and shaking during mine although I was able to concentrate quite well disputes this

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

Well, that's me done now. It's in the hands of the Gods. I found it easier than the paper IST, which I passed in 1509 campaign and that's what is scaring me. Was it really that easy or was it loaded with trick questions? Got finished both tests with some time to spare. My preference, having done both styles of IST is definitely to do it, in your own time online.

My concern is because it was 'so easy', the pass mark requiring us to continue on to the next stage is likely to be very high? Time will tell. Fingers crossed. If I get a rejection on 19th Dec that will be my Christmas ruined :'(.

Good luck to everyone else yet to complete theirs.

Maxi515 wrote: »
    Well, that's me done now. It's in the hands of the Gods. I found it easier than the paper IST, which I passed in 1509 campaign and that's what is scaring me. Was it really that easy or was it loaded with trick questions? Got finished both tests with some time to spare. My preference, having done both styles of IST is definitely to do it, in your own time online.

My concern is because it was 'so easy', the pass mark requiring us to continue on to the next stage is likely to be very high? Time will tell. Fingers crossed. If I get a rejection on 19th Dec that will be my Christmas ruined :'(.

Good luck to everyone else yet to complete theirs.
    Just remember that what seems "so easy" for you may be very difficult for someone else, so it's hard to know what the pass mark may be. Don't worry about it you will be grand :)

Balls! Computer played up a bit and took at least 30 secs to load each question in the second part! Ran out of time as a result but think I missed only the last one or two.

Ah well...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭BlueCop8790

Balls! Computer played up a bit and took at least 30 secs to load each question in the second part! Ran out of time as a result but think I missed only the last one or two.

Ah well...
    I was the same redpool, took forever between questions, can someone tell me how many questions in total there was for the verbal reasoning, I know how many I did but ive forgot how many there was.

• Advertisement

Ah well...
    I was the same redpool, took forever between questions, can someone tell me how many questions in total there was for the verbal reasoning, I know how many I did but ive forgot how many there was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 bangedtorights

I wouldn’t worry about not finishing the tests, because anyone who has may have got quite a few wrong.

I’m sure you both did great!

I wouldn’t worry about not finishing the tests, because anyone who has may have got quite a few wrong.

I’m sure you both did great!
    Thanks, everything was going so good until the tab popped up on the screen to tell me my time had ran out, then I nearly had a heart attack. Gutted but sure.... Hopefully I've managed to answer most questions correctly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

On a side note, we can now call it the 1710 campaign. :)

I had a time on my phone going, section 1 i had 2/3 minutes remaining and then the second section i was down to about 58 seconds on the timer when i finished, talk about nerve wrecking! Also i was the same with the questions, when clicking the next button it took about 5 to 10 seconds to move on to the next question, wasn’t complaining though because it gave me a chance to breathe and blink lol

I had a time on my phone going, section 1 i had 2/3 minutes remaining and then the second section i was down to about 58 seconds on the timer when i finished, talk about nerve wrecking! Also i was the same with the questions, when clicking the next button it took about 5 to 10 seconds to move on to the next question, wasn’t complaining though because it gave me a chance to breathe and blink lol
    Do you remember how many questions there was in section 2 ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

You arnt allowed to discuss the questions or number of them on the forum.

I wonder if the questions taking a while to load is maybe down to a lot of people doing the test at the same time? Might be a good idea to wait a few days before I do mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Havnt sat mine yet. But been reading through the email. 4 weeks until results is really good Im pretty sure during the last campaign it was a 12week wait.

• Advertisement

Yeah can’t say but it did say at the start of the section how many questions there were within it

Advertisement