Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Lockie101

NornIron74 wrote: »
    I wonder if the questions taking a while to load is maybe down to a lot of people doing the test at the same time? Might be a good idea to wait a few days before I do mine.

Definitely was server-side latency and not client side, could be a mixture of lots of people being on it as well as Deloitte’s servers not being fast enough to keep up with the demand of information coming in and out

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ZXC53

I went to start the IST, followed my link and read instructions as well as doing the practise question. Proceeded to press next to start the test and then about 3 seconds into it I got a message saying I ran out of time!! Kicked me out and said it logged my scores, anyone had the same issue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

ZXC53 wrote: »
    I went to start the IST, followed my link and read instructions as well as doing the practise question. Proceeded to press next to start the test and then about 3 seconds into it I got a message saying I ran out of time!! Kicked me out and said it logged my scores, anyone had the same issue?
    I'd be emailing Deloitte right away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭BlueCop8790

ZXC53 wrote: »
    I pm'd you

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

For what it is worth I sat mine around 2pm today. There was a slight delay between questions but maybe 5/6 seconds. I thought the delay had something to do with the Javascripts they where using for navigation buttons.

Also, its worth noting that Deloitte subcontracted this part of the test out. I don't think it is Deloitte's servers per say. If you look at your link, it might suggest the company that is providing the IST on behalf of Deloitte.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭RedPool2891

I noticed the first part of the test was fine and I finished with ample time remaining but the delay between questions for the second part was atrocious!  I must have clicked the "next question" button hundreds of times as my timer was running out!

I'm just going to say it.  I prefer the paper test.  This is a nice idea and I understand it's definitely a cheaper option but for me, you can't beat a good HB pencil and an answer sheet!  At least then, if you run out of time, it's your own fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

I’ll hopefully get a chance to do mine today but Ive just noticed in my email that my UID number is only seven digits long. In all previous campaigns they have been nine digits. Does everyone else have a shorter number?

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭RedPool2891

Yes, the first four digits were for year and month, and the rest allowed for a 5 digit intake eg 1509 00000.  This time round, they've kept to the same principle and dropped the zeros as required from the beginning of the second number.  So what might have read 1509 00230 would now read 1509 230.  (This number is obviously just made up)!

Of course

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭KN1231999

Still havnt gotten round to doing it yet, might do it tonight when its quiet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Slo85

I’m planning on doing mine tonight too. Was meant to be last night but kids wouldn’t go out.

Do you get an email to say you have completed it or do you just go by the “completed” message at the end of the test.

Also did anyone have to type the link in as copying and pasting or clicking on it didnt work?

I didnt find it easy but I am concerned that I finished both with plenty of time to spare, at one stage I was convinced that there wasnt as many questions as they said there were, I’m overthinking now.

Its in the hands of Deloitte now. I’ll be a nervous wreck come 18th December.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

States in the email that confirmation of completed IST will not be provided.

Slo85 wrote: »
    I’m planning on doing mine tonight too. Was meant to be last night but kids wouldn’t go out.

Handing them a fiver each would solve that issue lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Fiver wouldn't even get you a popcorn never mind into the cinema these days lol

Would get them to the shop lol. Oh sorry the door accidentally locked. Oops

NiK9 wrote: »

Fiver wouldn't even get you a popcorn never mind into the cinema these days lol

Hash I tried bribery they didn’t fall for it. They’ve no choice tonight. They’re all being loaded into the car and told don’t return until you get a phone call.

Would get them to the shop lol. Oh sorry the door accidentally locked. Oops

Awk they’d just annoy me if they are here. So send them far far away. Lol

States in the email that confirmation of completed IST will not be provided.

Yeah, my brain went into overdrive when I finished. Remember reading that at the time now.

Goonerdee wrote:

Yeah, my brain went into overdrive when I finished. Remember reading that at the time now.

Probs gonna be super melted as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭KN1231999

The only thing that's annoying me and I'm worrying about is getting false/can't tell mixed up lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

I'm planning on doing mine tomorrow morning, early bedtime tonight lol

Good luck.

Good luck.
    Thanks, all the best for you too.

Good luck.
    Thanks, all the best for you too.

Cheers.

And it’s done. What will be will be.

I 2nd this.

The only way I can describe that is...

Meh

I 2nd this.

Meh

Before I started the test I actually felt sick. It’s done and I can’t do anything about it now.

I 2nd this.

Meh

Before I started the test I actually felt sick. It’s done and I can’t do anything about it now.
    Did the questions take a while to load? Also how did you think it went?

• Advertisement

I 2nd this.

Meh

Did the questions take a while to load? Also how did you think it went?

Mine was grand with loading times. God I don’t know. I found it ok but now I’m wondering did I overlook things. Time will tell.

Advertisement