Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 2017

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Slo85 wrote: »
    And it’s done. What will be will be.

Im glad its out of the way, but for ages afterward I couldnt settle. Just the waiting game. Well, get back to sorting my fitness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Slo85

Goonerdee wrote: »
    Slo85 wrote: »
    And it’s done. What will be will be.

Im glad its out of the way, but for ages afterward I couldnt settle. Just the waiting game. Well, get back to sorting my fitness.

I’m the same. Glad it’s done now. Roll on December now til we get results. Will also knuckle down and focus on fitness. Defo do no harm on th run up to Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Feckoffcup

Help!!!!! Finished the first part closed the browser came back hour later open the link to try the second part. And it just says completed, "there are no more assessments to complete". Typical that this would happen to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Slo85

Feckoffcup wrote: »
    Help!!!!! Finished the first part closed the browser came back hour later open the link to try the second part. And it just says completed, "there are no more assessments to complete". Typical that this would happen to me.

Aww no. Defo get on the ball and send an email off.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Mike079

Thought I'd throw something in about the IST.
    I felt personally it was easier than I had thought it would be but not anywhere as easy as I have seen and done in other likewise tests. Some questions were tricky and totally up for debate in both sections and I found one or two questions in the verbal comprehension test that could have been answered in more than way because of either poor or vague wording of the sentence in question. Just how I felt at the time, maybe it is me but just my own feeling on it. Could be wrong but hey ho.
    Didn't have any issues with loading or moving from question to question. Timescale is more than enough to do the questions. Would say(Hope) I passed but how well I passed is where the doubts in my head lay. Was definitely less intimidating than I thought it would be. Now for the nail biting wait. Best of luck to whoever is still to do it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 bangedtorights

Mines done but like a lot of people, I genuinely have no idea how the heck I did

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

I think the thought of being in a hall with loads of people in the same shoes put you at rest. Being totally on your own was not pleasant at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

Mike079 wrote: »
    Thought I'd throw something in about the IST.
    I felt personally it was easier than I had thought it would be but not anywhere as easy as I have seen and done in other likewise tests. Some questions were tricky and totally up for debate in both sections and I found one or two questions in the verbal comprehension test that could have been answered in more than way because of either poor or vague wording of the sentence in question. Just how I felt at the time, maybe it is me but just my own feeling on it. Could be wrong but hey ho.
    Didn't have any issues with loading or moving from question to question. Timescale is more than enough to do the questions. Would say(Hope) I passed but how well I passed is where the doubts in my head lay. Was definitely less intimidating than I thought it would be. Now for the nail biting wait. Best of luck to whoever is still to do it.
    It's the time constraints that I'm most worried about so you have helped with that, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Divingm

Not done it yet but is it 90mins in total for all sections?

Less than an hour for both.

• Advertisement

Feckoffcup wrote: »

Someone else said that happened to them, email joinpsni. Theyre bound to be able to check for you.

Thats why i didnt leave it until the last minute, I was worried something would go wrong when loading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

Just done mine. Hard enough! Now.. where's that wine.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭RedPool2891

Good luck to everyone who has done the test already.  For those who haven't, don't hang around too long.  There are a few of us who have experienced technical issues of one type or another so you'll want to give yourself some time in case you need to correspond with Deloitte.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Wasn't going to do mine until sat or sun, but as some of you had problems I thought I'd get it out of the way in case I had to contact Deloitte.
    No problems at all and only maybe 1 or 2 seconds after clicking next. Didn't feel like I was waiting for it.

Time wise I still had around 20% of the time remaining in the situational judgement test.
    And around 30% left for verbal reasoning.
    (I had a countdown timer beside me).
    Know for a fact I made atleast one mistake in verbal reasoning as seen the answer to a previous question when reading the passage for the next question.

Although it's more stressful doing it online worrying about internet connection and questions loading it's definitely alot quicker and easier I feel. Being able to do it on your own time and not have to deal with wobbly tables, squeaky chairs, broken pencils and other people coughing And disturbing you in an exam hall.
    Over all I think it went well. Just a waiting game now.

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting to do it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

Anyone have any ideas on how the test will be scored. Do we need to pass both sections separately or same as usual, a collective score from both sections?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Makepeace80

Haven’t been on here since start of year. IST just completed with no technical issues.
    Seemed to over in a blink. Seriously dry mouth with nerves after that!
    Just 3+ weeks to wait now...😫

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Makepeace80

Haven’t been on here since start of year. IST just completed with no technical issues.
    Seemed to be over in a blink. Seriously dry mouth with nerves after that!
    Just 3+ weeks to wait now...😫

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Cbm27

Test done. Not sure how I feel about it, think I'm like everyone else and really over thinking the answers and having doubts but it's done now so fingers crossed. Good luck to those still to do it and we'll done to those who have, I hope we all pass!!

Well that's the SJT done, the questions loaded after 1 or 2 seconds for me and I still had 20% of my time left after I finished.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭sparkylarky

Just done my ist, not sure how I done but I was expecting it to be much more difficult, not saying that I will pass or anything lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭takodah

Done now we wait :) best of luck everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

Hi all, ive yet to do my IST as it's been a crazy week. Is the test timed or do you time it yourself and is it 90mins for both tests or 90 mins for one of them? Could someone clear this up for me as I am a little confused. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Hi all, ive yet to do my IST as it's been a crazy week. Is the test timed or do you time it yourself and is it 90mins for both tests or 90 mins for one of them? Could someone clear this up for me as I am a little confused. Thanks
    It will give you the timings when you go onto the link.
    Cant say timings etc over the board but each exam has its own time.
    And will take you less than 1 hour. Time it yourself as there is no clock/timer on the test.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

Thank you for the reply ðŸ‘

NiK9 wrote: »
    It will give you the timings when you go onto the link.
    Cant say timings etc over the board but each exam has its own time.
    And will take you less than 1 hour. Time it yourself as there is no clock/timer on the test.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Dallas17

Hi all, been lurking on this board for a while but never bothered to post. Currently a serving cop on the mainland but desperate to get home to do the job. Just completed the IST today, very difficult to tell how I’ve done. Not much point in worrying so a beer and takeaway it is! Good luck to everyone going through the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭FinalTry32

Did my IST today, genuinely no clue how it went! I think I prefer the old method of pencil and paper tho, at least if you have time left it gives you a chance to read over and check your answers. Just a waiting game now.

Hope everyone who has completed theirs got on ok and good luck to those still to do theirs :)

FinalTry32 wrote: »
    Did my IST today, genuinely no clue how it went! I think I prefer the old method of pencil and paper tho, at least if you have time left it gives you a chance to read over and check your answers. Just a waiting game now.

Hope everyone who has completed theirs got on ok and good luck to those still to do theirs :)
    I agree it would have been nice if you could go back to previous questions to check your answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭FinalTry32

NornIron74 wrote: »
    FinalTry32 wrote: »

I agree it would have been nice if you could go back to previous questions to check your answers.

I know i had time left so id have liked to have been able to use that but sure ... Time will tell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Plumbridge

Hi it's my first post here, are there many over 50's who apply for PSNI, i am 54 and a former British Soldier, was curious if many over 50s pass

Advertisement