Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSNI Recruitment 2017

1646566676870»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Jaymeg

Has anyone received their medical date yet?If so what was the time between that and your physical? I have my PCA soon but wondering when the medical might be, worried it will clash with holidays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Jaymeg wrote: »
    Has anyone received their medical date yet?If so what was the time between that and your physical? I have my PCA soon but wondering when the medical might be, worried it will clash with holidays.

Hey bud no one uses this thread anymore. Use the "PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign" page.
    But to answer, my medical was less than 3 weeks after my PCA.

NiK9 wrote: »

Hey bud no one uses this thread anymore. Use the "PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign" page.
    Thanks for the response chum, that's good to know. Will follow that page now. Was your PCA in May or earlier? I have my PCA in three weeks or so. So thinking will there be a delay with others needing medicals before me. Suppose I'll not know for sure but just nice to get an idea.

So you found out your medical was less than three weeks after your physical so you would have found out pretty soon after the PCA?
    J

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

NiK9 wrote: »

Thanks for the response chum, that's good to know. Will follow that page now. Was your PCA in May or earlier? I have my PCA in three weeks or so. So thinking will there be a delay with others needing medicals before me. Suppose I'll not know for sure but just nice to get an idea.

So you found out your medical was less than three weeks after your physical so you would have found out pretty soon after the PCA?
    J
    I got emailed the day after my PCA with a date for my medical.
    Yea mine was very start of May.
    Not sure about possible delays. Although PSNI were meant to receive our SMT results within a week of the medical and as of last week they still hadn't so not sure what is holding them up from receiving the results.

Wow that was very quick! I've heard that it takes ages for the medical date because someone has to fly over to complete them.
    That's annoying that you are still waiting, they are sent away so probably will take some time for the results and I think if you hear nothing that's a good sign also.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Wow that was very quick! I've heard that it takes ages for the medical date because someone has to fly over to complete them.
    That's annoying that you are still waiting, they are sent away so probably will take some time for the results and I think if you hear nothing that's a good sign also.

No no nothing that mental. The police have their own Doctors (Occupational Health) plus they also have a locum list...

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Fdawg88

Passed all the tests and got the results in for my SMT. All clear as expected.
    Do the vetting results come in much later?
    Any time frame after you pass that?
    How much notice do they give you?

Cheers folks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Malonegirl96

Fdawg88 wrote: »
    Passed all the tests and got the results in for my SMT. All clear as expected.
    Do the vetting results come in much later?
    Any time frame after you pass that?
    How much notice do they give you?

Cheers folks!
    Vetting is very different for each person it’s just one of those things it will come when it comes unfortunately.
    There is around 5-6 weeks notice between getting the call and starting.
    Also no-one really uses this thread anymore we chat more on the 1710 thread if you have anymore questions ask there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Fdawg88

Cheers mate!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

takodah wrote: »
    I don’t know where the 90mins is coming from unless there is far more questions than previously thought. I’m going on a 12minutes for the verbal reasoning and 20 approx for the other section. I also think you can do one section in one sitting and the other in another sitting.
    Correct answer is no one knows.

Is that you back san?

• Advertisement
Advertisement