Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video of a very foggy Galway

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Colinoh wrote: »
    I just thought I'd share this here.
    I tired the drone up to see if I could get higher than the fog.
    It's a facebook video so I can,t embed it

https://www.facebook.com/officiallycolin/videos/1168504863238814/
    Thinking about getting into this sort of filming. Do you need official permission from Gardaí/Council/Aviation Authority to film with a drone in a public space?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Colinoh

flazio wrote: »
    Thinking about getting into this sort of filming. Do you need official permission from Gardaí/Council/Aviation Authority to film with a drone in a public space?

Yes and no, There are laws now that state if the drone is over a certain weight it's not classed as a toy and needs to be registered with the aviation authority.

You don't need permission to fly anywhere as long as it's not restricted airspace and there is a mx altitude. But I have it set on the drone so it won't go any higher than the limit.

And if you want to use it commercially you need a licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Great! The roundabout looks really cool there. Amazing how the fog is concentrated in some areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Maybe someone can help me here, I registered with ASSET yesterday but when I login and select the Airspace drop down menu there is no section to register a drone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Nice footage.
    What is the make/model of your drone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Colinoh wrote: »
    You don't need permission to fly anywhere as long as it's not restricted airspace and there is a mx altitude.
    Its this kind of (wrong) assumption that gives the rest of us a bad name. There are loads of places you need permission to fly that are not airports/airfields.
    Have a read of this: https://www.iaa.ie/general-aviation/drones/drone-regulations-guidance

Not to burst your bubble OP, cause it is a nice video. But flying at night without special permission from the IAA is completely illegal. Being commercial or recreational doesn't come into it.

Just be sensible and careful. Safe flying ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Colinoh

Not to burst your bubble OP, cause it is a nice video. But flying at night without special permission from the IAA is completely illegal. Being commercial or recreational doesn't come into it.
    Have a read of this too: https://www.iaa.ie/general-aviation/drones/drone-regulations-guidance

Safe flying ;)

Never released about flying at night, thanks for the heads up

Advertisement