Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harrassment

Options
  • 02-12-2016 5:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭

Im now highlighting this here as a last resort before taking legal action. Earlier tonight I received email notification of a bill for an account relating to a house I moved out of months ago. I had my request for a final bill met with demands of immediate payment "or else" Ive regularly been harassed via text and phone calls. My request for a bill relating to my closed account has been ignored. This is my final and very public warning of my intent to take appropriate legal action should this continue. I have been denied documented proof of any monies owed which somehow magically has increased after my account was closed.

Reps: I cannot give you an account number as I have no account with your company, I have no reference number as I was denied a final bill and I refuse to settle any actual outstanding amount in lieu of the harrassement ive been subjected to. Im happy to allow legal precedings resolve this, just let me know where my solicitor should address the letter to.

P.s whatever outsourced "debt collection" company you use has threatened repossession of goods to cover a bill which I have no proof exists or access to view. Threats of breaking and entering, tresspassing and theft are not things I view lightly.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Edups2.0

Rob32 wrote: »
    P.s whatever outsourced "debt collection" company you use has threatened repossession of goods to cover a bill which I have no proof exists or access to view. Threats of breaking and entering, tresspassing and theft are not things I view lightly.

Just FYI if a judgement is made against you and a sheriff turns up to repo goods to clear the debt that is not theft or trespassing. It's breaking and entering yes, but not illegally.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Rob32

Edups2.0 wrote: »
    Just FYI if a judgement is made against you and a sheriff turns up to repo goods to clear the debt that is not theft or trespassing. It's breaking and entering yes, but not illegally.

What debt? Ive received no documentation a debt exists

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi Rob32,

We regret to read this.

In order for us to look into this matter for you, could you please send us a private message with the following details?
    • Your full name
    • The first line of your address at the time you were an Electric Ireland customer
    • Your contact number and date of birth as they would have appeared on the Electric Ireland account in your name
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)
    We can then look into this for you.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

Hi Rob32,

We regret to read this.

In order for us to look into this matter for you, could you please send us a private message with the following details?
    • Your full name
    • The first line of your address at the time you were an Electric Ireland customer
    • Your contact number and date of birth as they would have appeared on the Electric Ireland account in your name
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)

Thanks,
    Brige

________

I cannot confirm to being the holder of a non existent account really can I

Just send on the details and say I was the account holder until such a date. I think it's because they can only talk to the account holder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Hi Rob32,

We regret to read this.

• Your full name

[*]

Thanks,
    Brige

________
    [*]

[*]
    But the account did exist at one stage right?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Rob, the account obviously exists.  You may feel that it should be closed, or that it should show a zero balance,  but the account - a record of transactions - does exist.  Unless the account refers to you, Electric Ireland can't discuss it with you, since doing so would be a breach of the privacy rights of the person to whom it does refer.  So if you want to discuss with with EI you will need to tell them that you believe you are the Rob32 to whom the account refers.  

Peregrinus wrote: »
    Rob, the account obviously exists.  You may feel that it should be closed, or that it should show a zero balance,  but the account - a record of transactions - does exist.  Unless the account refers to you, Electric Ireland can't discuss it with you, since doing so would be a breach of the privacy rights of the person to whom it does refer.  So if you want to discuss with with EI you will need to tell them that you believe you are the Rob32 to whom the account refers.  

The account has been closed, I cannot confirm to be the holder of a different account they have mistakenly been contacting me regarding can I

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

If you won't comply with a simple request to identify yourself, how to you think you can resolve this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Edups2.0

Ah Jesus lad will you cop on to yourself. You're just looking to either troll the forum or cause difficulty with the reps. If you won't confirm you were the holder of the electric Ireland account that was held in your name and at your address with your personal details then why are you here.

You can threaten with solicitors letters and the whole shebang but you're being knowingly obtuse. You're not a 10 year old, grow up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

The account has been closed, I cannot confirm to be the holder of a different account they have mistakenly been contacting me regarding can I

Who was providing electricity to house you moved out of months ago? Whose name was on that bill? Did you give EI notice at the time to close the account, providing them with the meter reading on the day the account was closed?

The EI poster is willing to look into this for you, help yourself by helping him/her to check your details against the account in question, refusal to do that suggests you are indeed the person on the bill.

Can I point out that I at no point said I wouldnt send my details, simply that I cant claim ownership to an account that isnt mine? Electric Ireland clearly have a mistake on their system and the fact I cannot receive a bill implies to me that the account is in the new persons name but the contact info wasnt updated.

Can I also point out this is between me and Electric Ireland, I dont remember asking for a bunch of opinions from people who dont even know the circumstances. So if its not too much trouble for you all to climb off your high horses and take a walk to the next thread you feel like sticking your noses in, id suggest you do that.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

Can I also point out this is between me and Electric Ireland, I dont remember asking for a bunch of opinions from people who dont even know the circumstances. So if its not too much trouble for you all to climb off your high horses and take a walk to the next thread you feel like sticking your noses in, id suggest you do that.

You obviously want a public platform to have your rant so accept the consequences, if you want privacy ring / pm electric Ireland. It's your decision

• Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

You posted to a discussion board, Rob, which is what people do when they want discussion about whatever it is they have to say.  You can hardly blame us for thinking that you wanted your situation discussed.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Atari Jaguar

Is there anything to be said for saying another mass?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi again Rob32,

We are required to speak to the account holder before discussing any details. This is for account security purposes.

Where a new person has been registered to an address, a new account number will be created. We are looking for confirmation of your details on the account when you were registered.

We are unable to look into this for you without the requested information by private message.

Thanks,
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Looks like the thread to nowhere.

Op rob they still have records of previous and current account holders.

If you don't have your account number they just need all info asked previous its not that taxing to come up with your own personal details.

If its not you then worst troll thread ever.

Advertisement