Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unwanted extra added to AXA car insurance

Options
  • 02-12-2016 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

Hi,
    I renewed my car insurance 2 months ago online on the assumption that it was the same policy as previous. Then last week (2 months later) I receieved my carkey fobs that I had "purchased" as an optional extra. I was a bit baffled so I checked back over my insurance policy and in the small the print, the renewal cost included the "optional extra" at an additional E35. ONline i never noticed this . Surely, they should be more explicit about whether you want to add an extra to your policy rather than assume you do??

I didn't want this. i think it was added in a bit slyly TBH. Can I cancel and get refund? In fairnness, they didn't send me the fobs til 2 months into my policy year either!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Have you spoken to them and asked for a refund yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Kate253

dudara wrote: »
    Have you spoken to them and asked for a refund yet?

No. I was sussing out if I had the right to. Can they say " you should have read over the details before renewing" balh, blah..

Rang, cancelled and refund en route. Strange system... YOu'd need to be like a hawk with these things... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭cplwhisper

Do you really understand the true benefit of the C&K rescue as it's something that at least each Axa branch are called about once a week...

1. when was Car & Key rescue added to your policy? AXA upgraded a lot of policies with that benefit FREE for last 6-8weeks before your renewal and clearly state on the letter issued at that time- that it's gonna be on your renewal at annual cost and unless you choose to remove then it's part of your policy.(PS...if u haggled a renewal discount you probably didn't actually pay the full €35 if any for the benefit)

2. The fobs are not issued immed at renewal as in cases when deleted from cover that revenue is not wasted on production of same

cplwhisper wrote: »
    Do you really understand the true benefit of the C&K rescue as it's something that at least each Axa branch are called about once a week...

1. when was Car & Key rescue added to your policy? AXA upgraded a lot of policies with that benefit FREE for last 6-8weeks before your renewal and clearly state on the letter issued at that time- that it's gonna be on your renewal at annual cost and unless you choose to remove then it's part of your policy.(PS...if u haggled a renewal discount you probably didn't actually pay the full €35 if any for the benefit)

2. The fobs are not issued immed at renewal as in cases when deleted from cover that revenue is not wasted on production of same

Nether the above. Plus the fobs arrived 9 wks post renewal - not the 2 wk cooling off. It may be worth having but I'd rather chose these things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭cplwhisper

Kate253 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I renewed my car insurance 2 months ago online on the assumption that it was the same policy as previous. Then last week (2 months later) I receieved my carkey fobs that I had "purchased" as an optional extra. I was a bit baffled so I checked back over my insurance policy and in the small the print, the renewal cost included the "optional extra" at an additional E35. ONline i never noticed this . Surely, they should be more explicit about whether you want to add an extra to your policy rather than assume you do??

I didn't want this. i think it was added in a bit slyly TBH. Can I cancel and get refund? In fairnness, they didn't send me the fobs til 2 months into my policy year either!!

Did u ever get closure on this case?

If not email axa.athlone@axa.ie with your data and staff can review case on case-by-case query

Happy Christmas

cplwhisper wrote: »
    Did u ever get closure on this case?

If not email axa.athlone@axa.ie with your data and staff can review case on case-by-case query

Happy Christmas
    Yeah. Cancelled and refunded and pointed out the 9 wk delay.

Advertisement