Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland 6 Nations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

QwertyIII wrote: »
    Scottish tickets just went on sale at 2pm.
    Instantly thrown into a queue with a wait time of 60 minutes. Now 67 minutes later it says it's down to single tickets and the wait is still 30 mins. I don't want to hit refresh in case it moves me back.

I've said it before but it's an absolute joke that the SRU openly encourage people to use viagogo, sure just give me the number of a tout altogether and I'll call him. The amount of tickets available on viagogo has been going up since 2pm.

Aaaaaaand they've just sold out!

Will have to try local Edinburgh contacts. Might get lucky closer to the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

razorblunt wrote: »
    Instantly thrown into a queue with a wait time of 60 minutes. Now 67 minutes later it says it's down to single tickets and the wait is still 30 mins. I don't want to hit refresh in case it moves me back.

I've said it before but it's an absolute joke that the SRU openly encourage people to use viagogo, sure just give me the number of a tout altogether and I'll call him. The amount of tickets available on viagogo has been going up since 2pm.

Aaaaaaand they've just sold out!
    That's piss poor in fairness.
    Was that ticketmaster? (Or whatever the UK equivalent is)

kuang1 wrote: »
    That's piss poor in fairness.
    Was that ticketmaster? (Or whatever the UK equivalent is)

No, it was the SRU Ticket center itself. I live close by to Murrayfield so I'll pop into the ticket center at some stage this weekend.
    I know they say "now sold out" but in 2013 and 2015 they had a later release of tickets in the New Year, would be handy if someone can confirm on the downlow if that will be the case again here.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought the SRU ticket site was pants. Logged in at half 1 with an estimated queue of 0-30 mins - 1 hour later I got access. No pairs of seats available. By pure chance I managed to get 3 together by having it set to 'best available' and reclicking the "buy' button.

Was looking through Viagogo while waiting in the queue, I have to agree, it's bizaare...
    People were selling silver tickets that were more expensive that 3 Platinum tickets!
    Surely a site like that should be regulated so that the price has to be face value or less :confused:

Anyways, first rugby game I'll be seeing since becoming an Edinburger!
    Last time I was at an international was Ireland v Australia at the 2nd last game in Landsdowne road!

• Advertisement

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought the SRU ticket site was pants. Logged in at half 1 with an estimated queue of 0-30 mins - 1 hour later I got access. No pairs of seats available. By pure chance I managed to get 3 together by having it set to 'best available' and reclicking the "buy' button.

Was looking through Viagogo while waiting in the queue, I have to agree, it's bizaare...
    People were selling silver tickets that were more expensive that 3 Platinum tickets!
    Surely a site like that should be regulated so that the price has to be face value or less :confused:

Anyways, first rugby game I'll be seeing since becoming an Edinburger!
    Last time I was at an international was Ireland v Australia at the 2nd last game in Landsdowne road!

Well done, great game to get to see in Murrayfield, it's wasted on Edinburgh games!

Had I known that the queue would start early I'd have been online then, I opened the site at 14:00:10 (give or take a few seconds :D)

If for whatever reason you don't use the tickets, hit me up ... but not on viagogo!

Managed to get two for the Scotland game.
    There are two people in between us, but hoping they'll be willing to shove over a bit.

Not even going to waste time looking at flights or accomodation yet. I'll only get sad :(

4th trip to Edinburgh in the last 12 months (3rd for rugby reasons), and it will be the first time I've been in a full Murrayfield

razorblunt wrote: »
    Well done, great game to get to see in Murrayfield, it's wasted on Edinburgh games!

Had I known that the queue would start early I'd have been online then, I opened the site at 14:00:10 (give or take a few seconds :D)

If for whatever reason you don't use the tickets, hit me up ... but not on viagogo!

You'll be the first I'll go to, but can't see the guys I got them for not going.

Also managed to nab a set of tickets for the welsh game. Always fancied going to see the Scotland-Wales match, I always got the feel that no matter how crap one team (usually Scotland) was performing in a season that that one could go either way.

FYI flights are complete robbery. They're normally 13 euro one way, easily 10x that for that weekend. The only airport that doesn't seem to have raised their prices is Flybe from Knock

You'll be the first I'll go to, but can't see the guys I got them for not going.

Also managed to nab a set of tickets for the welsh game. Always fancied going to see the Scotland-Wales match, I always got the feel that no matter how crap one team (usually Scotland) was performing in a season that that one could go either way.

FYI flights are complete robbery. They're normally 13 euro one way, easily 10x that for that weekend. The only airport that doesn't seem to have raised their prices is Flybe from Knock

Yeah I try to at least go to one game a year there, regardless of who's playing. I've not seen the Welsh there before so I'll head to that too.
    It's always a good day out with a team who's fans make noise, all the Scottish noise stops at the first half and second half whistle!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Got nuffing in the Ireland supporter seat sale. Humph.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

Reminder that the general sale for Irish Supporters' just activated. You should have received an email with the code. You can either get two England OR two France OR one of each. Managed to pick up 2 English tickets there. Be warned that they're expensive! (If anyone isn't going, I'd love an extra code to get the France game).

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

vienne86 wrote: »
    Got nuffing in the Ireland supporter seat sale. Humph.

Seriously? All gone in less than 7 minutes for both games? It might be worth checking throughout the day. I think they've stuck extras up before.

Reminder that the general sale for Irish Supporters' just activated. You should have received an email with the code. You can either get two England OR two France OR one of each. Managed to pick up 2 English tickets there. Be warned that they're expensive! (If anyone isn't going, I'd love an extra code to get the France game).

They went within seconds as far as we could see - we had two codes, two devices, and got nothing.....and we've been doing this for years, so can move fast....but no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

Try again. Just got 2 for France. Restricted view but I dont care

BrokenMan wrote: »
    Try again. Just got 2 for France. Restricted view but I dont care

Ticketmaster unavailable now. Sod it. I'm going for a walk.....and will plan how to spend the money I've saved!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Gmm fan

Hi all. Heading over for the Scottish game and flying into Glasgow on the 07:05 am flight from dublin on Feb 4th.
    There are 2 of us so thought it might be worth a shot to see if there are any other groups of 2 or 4 who might be interested in splitting the cost of a taxi to Edinburgh?
    Public transport involves a bus into Glasgow and then a train or bus onwards to Edinburgh.
    Ideally would love the same in reverse for the Sunday lunchtime flight back but realise that might be pushing it a bit!
    Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,103 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

A cab between the two cities will cost you an arm and a leg and maybe an ankle as well. Plus if it's hailed from the street then it will be a black cab; they are real arse shakers :eek:

What airport are you flying into?

Uber price checker showing £64 to £86, door to door.
    Bus plus train £35 return but twice as long and a bit of getting to and from stations etc

Grand going over but the logistics of the return leg could be tricky on Sunday morning. Even putting on socks could be tricky on the Sunday morning.

Flying into Glasgow airport (not prestwick)
    We are by no means fussy at all and the public route is no problem if another more direct option doesn't present itself.

Gmm fan wrote: »
    Hi all. Heading over for the Scottish game and flying into Glasgow on the 07:05 am flight from dublin on Feb 4th.
    There are 2 of us so thought it might be worth a shot to see if there are any other groups of 2 or 4 who might be interested in splitting the cost of a taxi to Edinburgh?
    Public transport involves a bus into Glasgow and then a train or bus onwards to Edinburgh.
    Ideally would love the same in reverse for the Sunday lunchtime flight back but realise that might be pushing it a bit!
    Thanks in advance.

Where abouts are you staying?
    My first suggestion would be with the trains (specifically Queen street Glasgow- as it only had 4 stops on that line) to Edinburgh, or Haymarket. Haymarket has a tram stop which stops right outside Murrayfield.

A much cheaper alternative would be Megabus. Roughly 1h 20m from Glasgow-Edinburgh, runs every 20 mins and, is only £6 for two people one way. Plenty of buses going to the stadium from Shandwick which is about a 20 minute walk west from the bus station. Your only challenge would be finding your way between the airport and Buchannan bus station.

Just looked again there and we are actually staying in the haymarket area so it's looking like the train might be the best option.
    Also the trains appear to run very frequently unlike most routes here so pretty much eliminates the chances of a disastrous "missing the train" type scenario happening.
    Will continue to look for a direct transfer but it certainly Makes the public transport option a very good back up.
    Thanks for all suggestions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,022 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

If anyone is still looking for tickets for the Scotland game the SRU now have some returned tickets available for sale. Not showing on their website at the moment, but it would be worth contacting their ticket office directly first thing tomorrow if anyone is looking for tickets - I managed to get 2 bronze (£40) tickets for the game having missed out before Christmas in the general sale.

If anyone is still looking for tickets for the Scotland game the SRU now have some returned tickets available for sale. Not showing on their website at the moment, but it would be worth contacting their ticket office directly first thing tomorrow if anyone is looking for tickets - I managed to get 2 bronze (£40) tickets for the game having missed out before Christmas in the general sale.

Jesus wept, I actually went and bought one off viagogo this morning.
    Wasn't an extortionate amount but that's going to annoy me for quite some time!

Just looked again there and we are actually staying in the haymarket area so it's looking like the train might be the best option.
    Also the trains appear to run very frequently unlike most routes here so pretty much eliminates the chances of a disastrous "missing the train" type scenario happening.
    Will continue to look for a direct transfer but it certainly Makes the public transport option a very good back up.
    Thanks for all suggestions.

There's also a bus service that connects Glasgow Airport to Edinburgh Airport via Glasgow City Center I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Silly question lads but how handy would it be to get a taxi to the airport at 6am on Sunday week? We're staying very close to Murrayfield but about 15 minutes drive from the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Silly question lads but how handy would it be to get a taxi to the airport at 6am on Sunday week? We're staying very close to Murrayfield but about 15 minutes drive from the airport.

This is probably a question for a minicab company in Edinburgh!

I would presume the hotel could organise that for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I don't have great luck with pre-booked taxis on Sunday mornings sadly. Been burnt so many times. Was hoping they'd be fairly lively around the spot. We're airbnb'ing it too.

Thanks in advance.

I've done this trip twice. First time we got a cab into town and the train and it was fine. Short trip on the train.

Second time we rented a car. Was a much better plan and if I'm going again via Glasgow then I'll rent the car for 24 hours. Wasn't all that costly but can't remember the specifics as we chipped in between a few of us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

errlloyd wrote: »
    Tickets primarily will go to those involved directly(playing, coaching, committee or family of those) in a club or association of a branch so just joining a club isn't always enough....

That sounds pretty reasonable to me. If tickets to a six nations game is what refs get in return for taking dogs abuse at u15s games on wet Saturdays I'm happy enough.

It's rugby. The refs don't get abuse :) but I understand what you mean. A little reward for volunteering.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement