Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland 6 Nations

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,103 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Silly question lads but how handy would it be to get a taxi to the airport at 6am on Sunday week? We're staying very close to Murrayfield but about 15 minutes drive from the airport.

Get the tram to the airport. They run from about 5AM.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Gmm fan

Gmm fan wrote: »
    Hi all. Heading over for the Scottish game and flying into Glasgow on the 07:05 am flight from dublin on Feb 4th.
    There are 2 of us so thought it might be worth a shot to see if there are any other groups of 2 or 4 who might be interested in splitting the cost of a taxi to Edinburgh?
    Public transport involves a bus into Glasgow and then a train or bus onwards to Edinburgh.
    Ideally would love the same in reverse for the Sunday lunchtime flight back but realise that might be pushing it a bit!
    Thanks in advance.

I've done this trip twice. First time we got a cab into town and the train and it was fine. Short trip on the train.

Second time we rented a car. Was a much better plan and if I'm going again via Glasgow then I'll rent the car for 24 hours. Wasn't all that costly but can't remember the specifics as we chipped in between a few of us.

Thanks for reply. Have settled upon bus from Glasgow airport to train station and it would appear the trains then run every 20 mins or so to Edinburgh. £35 stg round trip. Safer than attempting a drive on the Sunday morning......

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

Silly question lads but how handy would it be to get a taxi to the airport at 6am on Sunday week? We're staying very close to Murrayfield but about 15 minutes drive from the airport.

Depending on whereabouts you're staying;
    From the Corstophine rd side, to the North of the stadium, the 100 (Airlink) would be the best option.
    If from the South the Tram has a Murrayfield stop.

Airlink runs every 30 mins or so, the Tram every 10 mins.

Journey planner

• Registered Users Posts: 12,609 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I got some tickets to Ireland v England - absolutely delighted. I've never had tickets to such a big game before.

Based on the price I am guessing they are Cat2, does anyone have the stadium maps showing where the seats are?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭zambrotta11

errlloyd wrote: »
    I got some tickets to Ireland v England - absolutely delighted. I've never had tickets to such a big game before.

Based on the price I am guessing they are Cat2, does anyone have the stadium maps showing where the seats are?

The red in this photo is the general area of Cat 2

Avivastadiummap2014650.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,609 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

So the seats could be amazing, or could be terrible! Ah, to be fair I couldn't care. I've been beaming all afternoon.

So the seats could be amazing, or could be terrible! Ah, to be fair I couldn't care. I've been beaming all afternoon.

They don't call them 'Cat' for no reason..."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

Found them lying in the street?
    A surprise gift?
    Murdered a friend who had them smiegel-style?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,022 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Still plenty of tickets for the Scotland game available just six days before the game. Yet many won't be travelling because they couldn't get tickets in the general sale before Christmas. SRU badly need to reassess their ticket distribution system, they've made a complete hash of this year's allocations.

In 4 hours it will be the same week as the start of the 6 nations.

can. not. wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Still plenty of tickets for the Scotland game available just six days before the game. Yet many won't be travelling because they couldn't get tickets in the general sale before Christmas. SRU badly need to reassess their ticket distribution system, they've made a complete hash of this year's allocations.

I'm travelling over and had initially thought I'd have no ticket and would have to try scrounge one over there. There's tickets galore available now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,795 ✭✭✭✭bilston

In 4 hours it will be the same week as the start of the 6 nations.

can. not. wait.

Yeah, but in 4 hours time (well an hour and a bit now) it will be Monday morning which is the glass half empty way of looking at it...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Already multiple 6n threads, OP has been answered.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement