Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance for 1.3 Colt full license 19

Options
  • 02-12-2016 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Anyone insured on a Colt around my age bracket ? Looking for what the cheapest company would be , I haven't had any previous insurance policies but I have full license just recently , if anyone has any relevant info please feel free to comment , I've heard it all about getting polos, micras etc and waiting for a year but I don't care I need something decent and jap

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,993 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

The only relevant information is to call every insurance company and broker you can find and see which gives you the best quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Mike5000

Del2005 wrote: »
    The only relevant information is to call every insurance company and broker you can find and see which gives you the best quote.

Hears Liberty is my best choice done some research myself asked a few insurers but looking to see if anyone has something better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

They will try to force you to use an app to record your driving. Resist if possible. I know a poor young lad driving like a granny for fear of premium increases.

They are the devils work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭vandriver

You hope to have a full licence...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,253 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

OP, there is a dedicated car insurance sub forum for these type of questions.

And by the way, insurance costs are fairly unique to the person getting insured rather than buying it off a fixed menu.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Lou Scaunt

vandriver wrote: »
    You hope to have a full licence...

He didn't last night...

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057677406/1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

if you commit to driving legally (ie. won't be breaking the speed limits anywhere, oh, and all the other stuff) and don't mind a telematics device monitoring your speed, and can identify your likely mileage, then boxymo.ie can do a good basic deal. But it will be basic, unlikely to be any frills whatsoever like breakdown assist (which i'd nearly suggest shouldn't be a frill at all but a necessity in this day and age). They are also quite painful to deal with anything other than their online operation - in fairness, that's their deal to you so go into it with eyes open and you won't be disappointed. Eyes closed and you'll curse the day you read this post when you do need to deal with them on an issue.

After them, i've recently seen younger driver (early 20s) get the best of the rest deal from liberty - and they had a few of the normal frills in there too like breakdown assist which meant the AA service was no longer required and a bill less to pay elsewhere. They had maybe two years own policy with boxymo.

Hears Liberty is my best choice done some research myself asked a few insurers but looking to see if anyone has something better

Lou Scaunt wrote: »

Not being cocky but I've a high chance of passing learned to drive at 16 all my lessons are complete and passed mock driving test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Lou Scaunt

Mike5000 wrote: »
    Not being cocky but I've a high chance of passing learned to drive at 16 all my lessons are complete and passed mock driving test

Ah, I wasn't trying to be smart.

Hope you pass mate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Ah, but it is both cocky and arrogant and dishonest. Tell the truth lad. We all frequent these forums :P

Good luck with the test. And hopefully you pick up something decent.

goz83 wrote: »
    Ah, but it is both cocky and arrogant and dishonest. Tell the truth lad. We all frequent these forums :P

Good luck with the test. And hopefully you pick up something decent.

Thanks mate lol and there's no dishonestly in what I said up there , I'm confident I'll pass first time there's no reason for me not pass done plenty of practice besides the point thanks anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 18,993 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

There's no quick way to reasonable quotes. As already said insurance is unique to the person and a lot also depends on what market the company is looking to cover. I could get a good quote today from a company and tomorrow someone with the exact same details as me could be way more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

There's no quick way to reasonable quotes. As already said insurance is unique to the person and a lot also depends on what market the company is looking to cover. I could get a good quote today from a company and tomorrow someone with the exact same details as me could be way more.

So what you're saying is insurance is going up by the day? Certainly feels that way.

• Company Representative Posts: 235 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Sean

Hi Mike5000
    We hear you’re a young driver in the market for car insurance. We’d love to see what we can do for you. If you wanted to chat more about this, feel free to PM me and I can arrange for someone to give you a call.
    Regards
    Seán

Advertisement