Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lezyne light deal that everyone seems to want from Halfords

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Galego wrote: »

Great price, I reserved a set for myself too.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭ironkiwi

Would these be available in store tomorrow I wonder. When I choose click and collect it's says Wed 30th

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭cython

ironkiwi wrote: »
    Would these be available in store tomorrow I wonder. When I choose click and collect it's says Wed 30th
    I got the same message, I'm assuming theyre not in stock at the moment and have to be ordered into your local store.

If ye want the lights, I wouldn't let the unavailability put ye off. Unlike Argos, halfords honour the price you reserved them at, not the price in store on the day (possibly as they might not be in store on the day otherwise! :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

Thanks again to Galego for posting this one. Just picked up my set today in Carrickmines no problem. The price actually shows as a "normal" price as opposed to discounted, so there was no problem using my AXA card. It initially only gave 10% when I thought it should be 15%, and in the end he put it through as 20% off so they only cost me €24! :D But even at € 30 they're still way cheaper than online. Just checked the Halfords website and they're still looking like they can be ordered in for that price in case anyone missed out.
    Lezyne-Micro-450-XL-Strip-Drive-USB.jpg
    lezyne-micro-drive-450xl-and-strip-light-set-y10-black-EV276733-8500-32.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

g0g wrote: »
    Thanks again to Galego for posting this one. Just picked up my set today in Carrickmines no problem. The price actually shows as a "normal" price as opposed to discounted, so there was no problem using my AXA card. It initially only gave 10% when I thought it should be 15%, and in the end he put it through as 20% off so they only cost me €24! :D But even at € 30 they're still way cheaper than online. Just checked the Halfords website and they're still looking like they can be ordered in for that price in case anyone missed out.
    Lezyne-Micro-450-XL-Strip-Drive-USB.jpg
    lezyne-micro-drive-450xl-and-strip-light-set-y10-black-EV276733-8500-32.jpg

Just reserved on. The rest light alone costs more than this and I just need the rest to replace a broken Version of the same light. . Great deal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Fian

godtabh wrote: »
    Just reserved on. The rest light alone costs more than this and I just need the rest to replace a broken Version of the same light. . Great deal

http://www.halfords.ie/cycling/bike-lights/bike-lights/lezyne-micro-drive-450xl-strip-pair

No longer available on the website. Maybe they mispriced them accidentally?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

I managed to book a collection yesterday, it was scheduled for 5th December... now they seem not available anymore.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Alek wrote: »
    I managed to book a collection yesterday, it was scheduled for 5th December... now they seem not available anymore.

I assume if you ordered one it will be available on the 5th? I'm due to collect mine on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

This is what I'm hoping for...

(even though I don't need these lights really ;) )

Alek wrote: »
    This is what I'm hoping for...

(even though I don't need these lights really ;) )

I just want the rear one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭De Bhál

I just want the rear one.

I need a front light so could buy it from you if you wish to offload it.
    No bother if not.

Fian wrote: »
    http://www.halfords.ie/cycling/bike-lights/bike-lights/lezyne-micro-drive-450xl-strip-pair

No longer available on the website. Maybe they mispriced them accidentally?

Theyre showing as available for me, still €30.

I picked my set up yesterday, very impressed with them as I tested them out last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭padyjoe

Fingers crossed on the light set! My schedule was today in KK, went in, my order on the system but the delivery comes tomorrow. Will see. I want use instead of Lidl one I'm using at the moment, it's ok but I'd like to have more light. The Lezyne has a built in battery, I'd prefer rechargeable AA's. Always have a spare pack in my bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭wheelo01

Theyre showing as available for me, still €30.

I picked my set up yesterday, very impressed with them as I tested them out last night.

They're definitely not available, I know, I hmm'ed and haw'ed last night, and when I went to pull the trigger today, they're not available - Blinkin typical!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭jamesd

wheelo01 wrote: »
    They're definitely not available, I know, I hmm'ed and haw'ed last night, and when I went to pull the trigger today, they're not available - Blinkin typical!!!

They were for a while today as I saw them too, should have reserved a set myself as great value.

They were available as I reserved a set for a friend of mine shortly after I posted my reply earlier. I got the confirmation email and they'll be ready for collection on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

Back available this morning for 30e

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭cython

blobbie wrote: »
    Back available this morning for 30e
    3723652599ba104038bbd7b5868e5d4379ae9c15faaad44ce9595303985a8350.jpg

I imagine what was available were just uncollected ones being released back to the site after the reservation lapsed, but there are likely 2 in the country or something silly like that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭padyjoe

Lads, losing the hope for the lights. Missed call from Halfords today, might have it I assumed so went in and asked the girl at the till. The order showed up on screen but she didn't have the order arrived in store. And she noted my pick up date is Wednesday and they never get deliveries on that day. The HQ must be getting the orders wrong- she told me.

On the side note: on ordering I only got the text confirmation and never received any emails.

She promised of ringing me once something happens.

I've been off the bike lately but could use a good light for cheap. Keep you updated.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

My lights are in and waiting for me.

• Advertisement

padyjoe wrote: »
    Lads, losing the hope for the lights. Missed call from Halfords today, might have it I assumed so went in and asked the girl at the till. The order showed up on screen but she didn't have the order arrived in store. And she noted my pick up date is Wednesday and they never get deliveries on that day. The HQ must be getting the orders wrong- she told me.

On the side note: on ordering I only got the text confirmation and never received any emails.

She promised of ringing me once something happens.

I've been off the bike lately but could use a good light for cheap. Keep you updated.

I'm due to collect mine tomorrow. Will head in after work and let you know

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭fat bloke

CramCycle wrote: »
    My lights are in and waiting for me.

Wow. That's brilliant. I'm really happy for you, fair play to you. In fact giz your full name so I can congratulate you properly, feels a bit hollow congratulating a boards handle.

Oh and ah.... what branch of Halfords was it they're reserved in? In case I'm passing so it can... congratulate them too...??

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

padyjoe wrote: »

What branch is it reserved in? I got the initial confirmation text and email telling me it would be ready from Wednesday at 1pm but they would be back in touch when it was ready for collection. I never heard anything after that but dropped in yesterday afternoon anyway (Coolock branch).

The guy found my order on the system but faffed around for ages trying to find the lights in some packing crates (which seemed to contain all of the online orders) with no luck. He checked with the other guys in the shop and one of them pointed to behind the counter where they were stashed away separately. Was relieved as I was starting to think it was too good to be true!

My point is, check with someone else in the shop in case they are hidden away. The communication in Halfords, along with their POS system, is pants in my experience.

Hope you get sorted.

MOD VOICE: Moved to a separate thread because there was alot of noise over the same bargain

Got mine yesterday, waiting ages for the guy to get them from the back. I was in fact convinced that Fat Bloke had been in and collected them. Charged them last night and used them this morning.
    Strong light. Clasps for attaching them are not very long though, so large diameter handlebars may struggle getting them on. No shape to the beam, the light is strong but I would be angling it downwards to stop blinding oncoming traffic.
    Due to the lack of Beam shaping, I would put them in the realm of MTB lights or on weak settings, commuter lights.
    At this point, I may keep them as either emergency back ups, or have it pointed just in front of the wheel to support my cateye Volt.

Got mine yesterday, waiting ages for the guy to get them from the back. I was in fact convinced that Fat Bloke had been in and collected them. Charged them last night and used them this morning.
    Strong light. Clasps for attaching them are not very long though, so large diameter handlebars may struggle getting them on. No shape to the beam, the light is strong but I would be angling it downwards to stop blinding oncoming traffic.
    Due to the lack of Beam shaping, I would put them in the realm of MTB lights or on weak settings, commuter lights.
    At this point, I may keep them as either emergency back ups, or have it pointed just in front of the wheel to support my cateye Volt.

What shop did you collect them from?

What shop did you collect them from?

Carrickmines. There were none on the shelf, in fact all the Lezyne stock was gone from the shelves.

Carrickmines. There were none on the shelf, in fact all the Lezyne stock was gone from the shelves.

I'm due to collect mine there today also. When were yours due in?

I'm due to collect mine there today also. When were yours due in?

Came in on Wednesday I think. Meant to collect yesterday.

• Advertisement

Came in on Wednesday I think. Meant to collect yesterday.

Did you get a call/text about it?

I'm not sure if its the Carrickmines store or Halfords but when I've ordered stuff there somethings you get a call some times you dont that your order is in/. Havent heard anything and its due to be collected at 1

Advertisement