Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lezyne light deal that everyone seems to want from Halfords

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

godtabh wrote: »
    Did you get a call/text about it?

I'm not sure if its the Carrickmines store or Halfords but when I've ordered stuff there somethings you get a call some times you dont that your order is in/. Havent heard anything and its due to be collected at 1

I got a call but that was on Wednesday, the day before i was meant to collect them. I have often not gotten a message at all from other halfords. Maybe ring them before travelling out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

I'm due to collect tyres from Carrickmines from 1 today. Will probably be tomorrow before I get there.

The email says nothing about notification that it is ready for collection, but I'm pretty local, so it means little if I have to go twice.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I'm due to collect tyres from Carrickmines from 1 today. Will probably be tomorrow before I get there.

The email says nothing about notification that it is ready for collection, but I'm pretty local, so it means little if I have to go twice.

I'm gona say I ordered 2

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Just picked mine up. There is about 5 sets in today's delivery!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Picked mine up this evening also a pair of 25mm gatorskins.

Seems to be a usual routine of one lad saying they're not in and then another lad checking and finding them.

Decent light set but as said previously they're quite bright for commuting with the rear light is very good and usual lezyne quality.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

bargain.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Got a phone call a few minutes ago to say my tyres are in. Will collect them in the morning.

There must be a more efficient system though, over a member of staff having to call about each order?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭padyjoe

What branch is it reserved in?

Hope you get sorted.

Kilkenny. Lights were due in on 30th, nothing as of today. I have to wait for the call. I'd be too embarrassed going in asking 'Whe'z me order dude??' for the 3rd time. :-(

padyjoe wrote: »
    Kilkenny. Lights were due in on 30th, nothing as of today. I have to wait for the call. I'd be too embarrassed going in asking 'Whe'z me order dude??' for the 3rd time. :-(

When I went in I was asked did I get a call. I said no. The lad said sorry that there was so many orders of lights/tyres he hadn't gotten to me yet

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭brocbrocach

Wheels and lights both in Coolock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Galego

Got mine only today but got them eventually!

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭rustynutz

Reserved mine on Tuesday and got a phone call today, just collected them, they look good quality for the money. 27e with Axa discount

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭seven stars

Did anyone else get this set given to them instead?

No buy I would be OK with it if they want to swap

No. Did you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Galego

They couldn't find mine so they told me I could take any other light I wanted........but then he went inside again and found the 450xl otherwise yes i'd have taken those instead....

Galego wrote: »
    They couldn't find mine so they told me I could take any other light I wanted........but then he went inside again and found the 450xl otherwise yes i'd have taken those instead....

They would have been blinding on the road. :eek:

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    They would have been blinding on the road. :eek:

I have that set. Its great

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

I have the 1300 and 600 front lights for mountain biking. Never had this brand of light before and found it strange that unless you read the manual, you'll never get the max output. A lot of people wouldn't bother reading the instructions for a light.

I have the 1300 and 600 front lights for mountain biking. Never had this brand of light before and found it strange that unless you read the manual, you'll never get the max output. A lot of people wouldn't bother reading the instructions for a light.

Well don't leave those of us that haven't read the manual hanging. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭seven stars

No. Did you?

Yes. It wasn't until I was home and was opening it that I realised that it wasn't quite what I had ordered.

I read the manual. They could have made the modes simpler but the idea behind behind cycling between all modes and just two is quite good. The buttons are not easy to press either.
    Tested out the light coming over Enniskerry on Saturday night. Strong light but for road cycling the cateye wins with beam shape and adaptability. I can spin the cateye with ease to give the impression of dipping that the rubber strap on the lezyne struggles with.
    Still a great light, and a more than suitable back up, but truth be told, other than the name, I feel you would get as good for not much more most of the year round from unnamed brands.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭ironkiwi

Yes. It wasn't until I was home and was opening it that I realised that it wasn't quite what I had ordered.

I got that set too and like you I was at home when I realised. Can't believe they made that mistake!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Fian

Fian wrote: »

€30 is a total bargain. The rear light alone is €37

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Fian

€30 is wasa total bargain. The rear light alone is €37

and here is another 8 characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Picked mine up earlier, decent lights for 30 bucks. The girl in the shop who deals with the reservation orders said they are reordering the lights for people who didn't get them this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

longshanks wrote: »
    Picked mine up earlier, decent lights for 30 bucks. The girl in the shop who deals with the reservation orders said they are reordering the lights for people who didn't get them this time around.

They have these lights in Drogheda @ €84
    I brought a set to the till today, told cashier they had been on special offer.
    He wasn't interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Eamonnator wrote: »
    They have these lights in Drogheda @ €84
    I brought a set to the till today, told cashier they had been on special offer.
    He wasn't interested.

If you had them reserved, give the reservation number. Pay 30 blips. Leave with lights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

longshanks wrote: »
    If you had them reserved, give the reservation number. Pay 30 blips. Leave with lights.

No, I was chancing my arm.

Advertisement