Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lezyne light deal that everyone seems to want from Halfords

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Eamonnator wrote: »
    No, I was chancing my arm.

Ugh, you and your arm disgust me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭padyjoe

Which one is better then? This one or Cateye Vol400?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I have the 1300 and 600 front lights for mountain biking. Never had this brand of light before and found it strange that unless you read the manual, you'll never get the max output. A lot of people wouldn't bother reading the instructions for a light.

I threw away the instructions so could you explain what you mean, please.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

padyjoe wrote: »
    Which one is better then? This one or Cateye Vol400?
    I'd pick the Cateye for the beam shape and claimed battery life but there is nowt wrong with the Lezyne.
    There is the regular mode where you can cycle through the options (high/medium/low/flasher etc.) Or you can go to the other mode where you have a maximum output and a low mode as your options.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Picked up mine, sadly not the 800XL version :P

More annoyingly they did not accept my 10% off voucher that I used to use with other sales items successfully in the past. The whooping e3 difference, but still ... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Alek wrote: »

More annoyingly they did not accept my 10% off voucher that I used to use with other sales items successfully in the past. The whooping e3 difference, but still ... ;)

My heart bleeds for you!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I had no problem in carrickmines.

I know its just down to the cashier, the system would have accepted it if he had scanned the code. Didn't have time or energy to argue, I used up the latter already for cursing bad drivers on the way in.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I know its just down to the cashier, the system would have accepted it if he had scanned the code. Didn't have time or energy to argue, I used up the latter already for cursing bad drivers on the way in.

Strange. The manager took my order no issue. If he was taking them you'd assume all staff would do the same

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

godtabh wrote: »
    Strange. The manager took my order no issue. If he was taking them you'd assume all staff would do the same

It definitely varies from store to store but according to staff in my store a group email was sent around telling staff not to accept additional discount/loyalty or otherwise on already reduced sale items.

• Advertisement

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    It definitely varies from store to store but according to staff in my store a group email was sent around telling staff not to accept additional discount/loyalty or otherwise on already reduced sale items.

It wasnt a reduced or sale item. Or at least it wasnt marked up like that on the webpage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

With the light off, press and hold the button for 5 seconds. It'll light up briefly, go off and come back on in overdrive mode. When in this mode you should only have two output modes, full blast and low.
    To return to the standard mode, follow step 1 (light off hold for 5 secs) then you'll be back to where you have 4/5 modes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Well mine has suffered from water ingress and seems to be banjaxed.

Anyone any ideas on how to remove water ingress from the unit? To see is it salvagable.

CramCycle wrote: »

Anyone any ideas on how to remove water ingress from the unit? To see is it salvagable.

Hot press for a long time! Happened to me (but that was my fault!) and it was hit and miss after

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

I've noticed the little rubber cover on my front light is getting very loose I'm starting to consider taping it on as I assume it'll be next to useless without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

CramCycle wrote: »
    this is an old post about liquid on laptops, but similar applies. About why you should "wash" the water damaged item.

rubadub wrote: »
    Just so people know what is actually happening - water has salt in it, and salt conducts electricity, so if you are in a bath and the hair dryer falls in you get electrocuted. If it was distilled water (no salt) the current will not go through the water (don't try at home folks!)

If you spill tap water on the laptop and it dries off it can leave traces of salt all over the circuits and these are just like wires connecting everything. If you turn on a laptop it might come on for a few seconds and then the internal checks might detect a short circuit and turn itself off again.

Most alcohols should have no salts in them, methylated spirit does have some additives to give it the purple colour and off taste, not sure if these conduct but I prefer to wash with clear isopropanol. The alcohols also dry off quicker, but you could use distilled water to wash off salt.

You can get distilled water in pharmacies and also the frosted ice you chip off the roof of your freezer is distilled water -I am not talking about ice cubes and if water spilled in your freezer it is contaminated. In the top of a freezer it is drawing moisture from the air and freezing it, so there will be no salt in it.

I got a water damaged laptop the other day, there were dried out salt crystals connecting lots of pins near the hard drive.

In the hotpress there is less moving air, if it was above a convection heater it would be faster, or a PC fan or something. There are moisture absorbing crystals you can get for damp rooms. If you put them in an airtight container with the light it will draw moisture out, this could be a jam jar or tupperware type container, the smaller the better as it has to draw moisture out of the air inside too. The crystals get wet so the light should be suspended above them, maybe crumple up some tinfoil or have it on some sort of platform.

http://www.dealz.ie/damp-traps-2-pack

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

It's a shame about the little rubber on / off switch on the Lenzynes - they ruin what's otherwise a great light. I went through a few front ones, have 2 rear Ines but only keep them for dry emergencies - the little rubber has perished. I dropped lenzyne a line on this a while back, if they can fix this it'd be a super light.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    I've noticed the little rubber cover on my front light is getting very loose I'm starting to consider taping it on as I assume it'll be next to useless without it.
    Pinch Flat wrote: »
    It's a shame about the little rubber on / off switch on the Lenzynes.

A lot of lights these days have tactile switches, one you press and release, rather than a mechanical sliding one. The rubber covering them usually has a little indent thing on it so when you press the rubber it presses the button.

2cN5jUp.jpg

I have repaired several like this, and made them more waterproof than before. You can get bits of old rubber, like rubber gloves, and glue something on the back which will be touching the switch when pressed. Then silicone or glue the rubber to the light.

I keep meaning to make something for my cateyes, there is a rubber seal on it but every time you change the batteries you have to twist a cap off which has elongated and stretched it out. My plan is to just ditch the rubber and smear silicone on the edge and let it set without the cap screwed on.

If you have a popular light there are probably guides out there about how to fix them.

I lost the rubber end from the front of the Lezyne light and simply applied clear silicone inside (level with the alu body), leaving the USB connection out. So far so good, as long as it does not get sea water on, should be alright.

Advertisement