Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simple question re HKC Quantum 70

Options
  • 02-12-2016 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi folks, 4 years ago I had HKC Q70 (wireless) installed and over the next few months gradually added a few more sensors. I'm a bit rusty now on the finer installation/operational details so apologies if this question seems trivial:
    I have a couple of lads installing windows at the moment and one of the windows had a sensor installed (by me) which I removed. Now there is the usual bleeping noise and I would like to stop it so that it doesn't annoy the lads. Is it in order to just set/reset the alarm system itself to cancel the bleep. I should have mentioned that I have selotaped the two parts of the sensor together and have them on a shelf pending completion of the window job when I can then re-install the sensor. I'm nervous that if I do something stupid all hell will break loose and the neighbours (rightly so) get annoyed!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

What alert is displayed when the panel starts beeping?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Im presuming the beeping was from you tampering the units by opening them, easiest solution would of been to just put the system in engineer mode.
    martinjr wrote: »
    Hi folks, 4 years ago I had HKC Q70 (wireless) installed and over the next few months gradually added a few more sensors. I'm a bit rusty now on the finer installation/operational details so apologies if this question seems trivial:
    I have a couple of lads installing windows at the moment and one of the windows had a sensor installed (by me) which I removed. Now there is the usual bleeping noise and I would like to stop it so that it doesn't annoy the lads. Is it in order to just set/reset the alarm system itself to cancel the bleep. I should have mentioned that I have selotaped the two parts of the sensor together and have them on a shelf pending completion of the window job when I can then re-install the sensor. I'm nervous that if I do something stupid all hell will break loose and the neighbours (rightly so) get annoyed!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 martinjr

Hi Altor,

This must be the biggest gap between your reply and my follow-up -- almost 2 years!! All sorted now regarding window replacements. However, I have since added a couple more sensors to the system, plus keyfob. Just two days ago an alert stating that control panel battery needs replacement but I am having difficulty finding a supplier. Those on the list elsewhere on boards.ie do not seem to be running or do not have the appropriate battery.

I would now like to have the names of alternative batteries for both sensors and control panel batteries. The originals are CR123a 3v and HHHC252C 9.6v 2400 NiMH.

Also, would anybody have the Engineers Manual. I already have the User Manual but that provides little or no info on technical matters, like replacement of batteries, set up etc. I should also conform that the system was installed by a certified installer.

Regards & Thanks,
    martinjr

Having reflected on the situation I guess I Koolkid is the guy with the knowledge regarding those systems. Apologies Koolkid for that oversight.

martinjr

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi

Unfortunately we are no longer allowed help you here with installation manuals.
    Most installers or the manufacturer would be able to source one for you though.

Most of the suppliers in the sticky would be able to help you with the panel battery.
    Are you aware that this is on a timer that needs to be reset in engineer mode..
    The device batteries are all CR123.

• Advertisement

Hi, yes, I have reset the battery timer but I realise that after 6 years the control panel battery is nearing end of life anyway. I have searched quite a bit for the exact battery pack model online without success. However, I know I can source alternative with same specs. The manual was the main issue - I asked the installer when he did the original installation and he told me these were not available but said he would get me one that was close but, as you know, close is not quiet good enough when you are dealing with these devices. he gave me a SW-1070. I didn't think the batteries in the control panel were the same as those in the sensors - CR123A??

Thanks for the reply
    martinjr

Sorry , is your panel a 1070 or Quantum 70?

Mine is the Quantum 70 but the installer gave me the 1070 saying he had none for my system. That's 6 years ago. Had I been less patriotic and sourced a system in the UK I would have been able to get all the documentation I needed.:D

He gave me the 1070 manual, that is!!!

If it's a 1070 it's a standard 12volt dc rechargeable battery, 7amp.

• Advertisement

Hello again, as I mentioned yesterday at 22.50 mine is a Quantum 70 !

m.

Apologies for the confusion. I read into that wrong.
    Most suppliers would have the panel battery for that panel.
    Where are you located?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

martinjr wrote: »
    Hi Altor,

This must be the biggest gap between your reply and my follow-up -- almost 2 years!! All sorted now regarding window replacements. However, I have since added a couple more sensors to the system, plus keyfob. Just two days ago an alert stating that control panel battery needs replacement but I am having difficulty finding a supplier. Those on the list elsewhere on boards.ie do not seem to be running or do not have the appropriate battery.

I would now like to have the names of alternative batteries for both sensors and control panel batteries. The originals are CR123a 3v and HHHC252C 9.6v 2400 NiMH.

Also, would anybody have the Engineers Manual. I already have the User Manual but that provides little or no info on technical matters, like replacement of batteries, set up etc. I should also conform that the system was installed by a certified installer.

Regards & Thanks,
    martinjr

Any supplier of these alarms would have the back up battery in stock.
    Here is a link to the supplies list on here.

Advertisement