Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir mobile coverage

Options
  • 02-12-2016 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hello
    I am thinking to move to Eir mobile. What is your coverage (do you have map)? I live in Blackrock, County Louth and commute on train to Dublin every day. 
    Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hello
    I am thinking to move to Eir mobile. What is your coverage (do you have map)? I live in Blackrock, County Louth and commute on train to Dublin every day. 
    Thank you
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]rajvosa2000,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch & your interest in joining eir Mobile. :D [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]You can view our coverage map here.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 15 rajvosa2000

Hello
    Thank you
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]rajvosa2000,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch & your interest in joining eir Mobile. :D [/font]

Thank you.
    I am glad I asked - I live in area where there is no 4g coverage :(. Also the train route Dundalk - Dublin seems bad :(. Vodaphone on the other hand has full 4g coverage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hello
    Thank you

Thank you.
    I am glad I asked - I live in area where there is no 4g coverage :(. Also the train route Dundalk - Dublin seems bad :(. Vodaphone on the other hand has full 4g coverage.
    No problem rajvosa2000.

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 16 davidrees1916

Any suggestion by Eir reps here that the mobile coverage is how it is suggested in the map they send us to is certainly a lie in my area, Bunmahon, Co. Waterford. 

I am currently engaged on Twitter with them, they insisted I try a different handset which I duly did and of course it was the same. In this village I get NO SERVICE whilst 3 and Vodafone have at least 3G.

A local coastguard told how they are given Eir mobiles but they don't get service which seems to me farcical and possibly life endangering, and only this morning a man in an Eir van stopped to ask me directions complaining that he has no network.

Despite the above Eir continue to advertise on TV claiming good coverage in EVERY town and village in Ireland.

Anyone else have similar issues?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Any suggestion by Eir reps here that the mobile coverage is how it is suggested in the map they send us to is certainly a lie in my area, Bunmahon, Co. Waterford. 

I am currently engaged on Twitter with them, they insisted I try a different handset which I duly did and of course it was the same. In this village I get NO SERVICE whilst 3 and Vodafone have at least 3G.

A local coastguard told how they are given Eir mobiles but they don't get service which seems to me farcical and possibly life endangering, and only this morning a man in an Eir van stopped to ask me directions complaining that he has no network.

Despite the above Eir continue to advertise on TV claiming good coverage in EVERY town and village in Ireland.

Anyone else have similar issues?
    Hi there,

Sorry to hear of the issues you're having with your service. Can you PM me your number, PIN and full name please?

- Adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Coverage is very hit and miss , I live in an area which is meant to have full 4g ...while I have 4g at home 500 meters down the road I can barely get 3G , next town over doesn't even have eir 3G , unless you are in a large town or city coverage is very intermitted ... don't go by the map eir provides, best bet is to find someone with a eir handset and check yourself.. anyway rural and your at nothing..

Advertisement