Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

James McMurtry - Whelans - Jan 29th

Options
  • 02-12-2016 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

I see Whelans are promoting James McMurtry for a January gig, seen him in Whelans & over in Austin & hes fantastic!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭garbanzo

Came across his stuff last year on the radio in the States on a bit of a driving tour. Ended up playing 'Choctaw Bingo' again and again. Brilliant song to accompany yourself on a seven hour drive. Have dug about and gotten more into his stuff since. Is he with the Heartless Bastards or just playing solo?

Hope to make it along, might see you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭IWWINFORMATION

garbanzo wrote: »
    Came across his stuff last year on the radio in the States on a bit of a driving tour. Ended up playing 'Choctaw Bingo' again and again. Brilliant song to accompany yourself on a seven hour drive. Have dug about and gotten more into his stuff since. Is he with the Heartless Bastards or just playing solo?

Hope to make it along, might see you there.

Ha ha its a fantastic song live too! I dont know if its The Heartless Bastards but there is a full band apparently & support is by a band called "Alice Drinks The Kool Aid" but I've never heard of them! See you there if you're going!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Great gig. Would go see him again, even without the free beer!

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭garbanzo

I unfortunately had to miss this show due to something personal. Was really disappointed about it. Can I ask any of he who attended how it was? I've not seen any reviews online....

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭IWWINFORMATION

I thought it was fantastic, he played a good mix of old and new stuff and did some Acapello versions of songs too! I seen this reveiw for the Belfast show and it seemed very similar - http://www.giggingni.com/2017/02/review-james-mcmurtry-errigle-inn-belfast/ - cant wait for Alejandro Escovedo now in April!

• Advertisement
Advertisement