Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Death Stranding

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Imagine MGSV, set in the Horizon Zero Dawn landscape, with Days Gone levels of exploring. And where you can make poop grenades to throw at ghosts. And it's not a million miles away :pac:

Sold :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Cheers for the Gizmo.
    How much is the bundle overseas?
    Historically, those bundles have been $199 so, since the three games mooted are still all Playstation Hits, I can't see why it wouldn't be the same again this year.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Just a quick note where people have said that the content of the review didn't match the score - most of the time in gaming media (tm) the editors put scores on the journalist's work because it's too much hassle to be dealing with the fallout of fuckery that comes with daring to give "gamers" a 7/10 score or less.

[edit] I forgot to add, and I apologise for leaving it out initially, it really upsets the advertisers too if the scores don't line up with how much money they've paid to promote the game ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Am getting really tempted to buy this... Problem is I don't have a PS4. But see them going for 300 euro. So 360 euro all in for console and game.
    Not to mention Detroit Become Human for 35 euro and Uncharted 4 for 20 euro.

Oh. So. Tempting.

**edit**
    God of war only 20 euro now too!?

**edit edit**
    Until dawn, Uncharted Lost Legacy and Ratchet and Clank 20 euro too. You PS4 players are spoilt for choice :pac: lol

Can you not get a months trial of PS Now and play those on PC. This is coming to PC as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Imagine MGSV, set in the Horizon Zero Dawn landscape, with Days Gone levels of exploring. And where you can make poop grenades to throw at ghosts. And it's not a million miles away :pac:

HZD's landscapes are vibrant and varied. All the exploring I've seen of DS look like Irish hillsides in November.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

ill give it a shot, seems like the kind of game you need to play and then make an opinion on after.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Demios

Hi,

I’m not sure if it’s been asked already but has anyone heard about midnight launches for it around the country?

Might not have the casual gamer audience to justify it but it is a Kojima game so I wasn’t sure if there would be openings.

Thanks

Demios wrote: »
    Hi,

I’m not sure if it’s been asked already but has anyone heard about midnight launches for it around the country?

Might not have the casual gamer audience to justify it but it is a Kojima game so I wasn’t sure if there would be openings.

Thanks

Doubt there'll be anywhere doing a midnight launch, game isn't going to be that popular.

Trophy list for anyone interested. Hidden trophies don't show any details.

http://www.powerpyx.com/death-stranding-trophy-list-revealed/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Trophy list for anyone interested. Hidden trophies don't show any details.

http://www.powerpyx.com/death-stranding-trophy-list-revealed/

Seems easy enough, seems like an interesting game so I'll pick it up and make up my own mind on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Demios

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Doubt there'll be anywhere doing a midnight launch, game isn't going to be that popular.

Pity. Wouldn’t mind getting it ASAP

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Sony doing a cool thing at the moment on Instagram . Alanah Pearce, Jacksepticeye, Ron Funches and Janina Gavankar were each sent locked Death Stranding cases and need to work together with the public to unlock them.

Alanah Pearce
    Jacksepticeye
    Ron Funches

Aw cool, ok gang let's wor.....jacksepticeye..... Ight imma head out.

Demios wrote: »
    Pity. Wouldn’t mind getting it ASAP

Download is the best way to go so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

and need to work together with the public to unlock them.

2980-21_2.png?mw=461&mh=422&hash=91057FE2667AE504083D4F3EFFB75FB6488775A9

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

J. Marston wrote: »
    HZD's landscapes are vibrant and varied. All the exploring I've seen of DS look like Irish hillsides in November.

not that i'm mister expert of how america looks but you're right, everything does not look like america. It really does look Irish as you say!

Sony doing a cool thing at the moment on Instagram . Alanah Pearce, Jacksepticeye, Ron Funches and Janina Gavankar were each sent locked Death Stranding cases and need to work together with the public to unlock them.

Alanah Pearce
    Jacksepticeye
    Ron Funches

Very clever marketing
    Send some of the most influential YouTubers free stuff thus free promotion.
    I actually expect this to sell very well in it's first week or so.
    But also expect a turnover of physical trade-ins.
    Wonder what the actual completion rate for the game will be?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'd be amazed if 4 people finish this, from what I've seen.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

not that i'm mister expert of how america looks but you're right, everything does not look like america. It really does look Irish as you say!

I'm pretty sure the environments are based on the Icelandic landscape. It was in initial teasers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I'd be amazed if 4 people finish this, from what I've seen.

Sounds like a challenge! Controllers at the ready :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Kinda mad that some people are so eager to rubbish a game they haven't played. If it looks like a game you're not gonna enjoy then just let it pass you by and play something you want to play Why go to the effort of making reductionist statements for internet lol points, or infer that people who like the look of game are sycophantic fanatics, or journalists who gave it good scores are being coerced by the advertisers. To each their own.
    Personally I want to play this but I'll admit I'm apprehensive about the length of the game and the variety of gameplay but like mentioned here previously it's great that we have such a divisive AAA game. It's rare in all media these days to have something so bizarre and different getting so much coverage and I think it makes the whole gaming landscape all the more interesting for it.

I think it was the e3 2018 trailer that first showed the gameplay trailer of Sam hiking around with a box on his back. I remember watching it thinking wtf is this rural delivery boy game but i then found myself being the most interested in the game since it was announced. The graphics, the music and there was something very relaxing about the hiking that made me want to play it.

The only thing really putting me off is the 70-100 hours it will take. Seems way too long.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the environments are based on the Icelandic landscape. It was in initial teasers.

A weird choice knowing the game is set in the States.
    The locations look lovely of course. Probably better than what American landsape would. As we've seen that a lot in the likes of Fallout. But then why set it in the states? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

SomeSayKos wrote: »
    Kinda mad that some people are so eager to rubbish a game they haven't played. If it looks like a game you're not gonna enjoy then just let it pass you by and play something you want to play Why go to the effort of making reductionist statements for internet lol points, or infer that people who like the look of game are sycophantic fanatics, or journalists who gave it good scores are being coerced by the advertisers. To each their own.
    Personally I want to play this but I'll admit I'm apprehensive about the length of the game and the variety of gameplay but like mentioned here previously it's great that we have such a divisive AAA game. It's rare in all media these days to have something so bizarre and different getting so much coverage and I think it makes the whole gaming landscape all the more interesting for it.

No I agree with you. I don't like when people rubbish games I like or am looking forward to. Unfortunately my irreverent nature means I'll also take a swing for the cheap laughs if the opportunity arises.

Probably not worth getting mad over. It's just a game.

Probably not worth getting mad over. It's just a game.

thems fighting words....
    I'LL KILL YOU... I'LL KILL ALL OF YOU!

:pac:

SomeSayKos wrote: »

It annoys me somewhat as I'm a Metal Gear fan. But removing the Konami shackles from Kojima may have play into self indulgence.

It's a great discussion in it's own right tbf. It's generating lots of discussion around the perception of what's a good game.

From that aspect alone Kojima he has managed to createe hype good or bad, it's still hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I think it was the e3 2018 trailer that first showed the gameplay trailer of Sam hiking around with a box on his back. I remember watching it thinking wtf is this rural delivery boy game but i then found myself being the most interested in the game since it was announced. The graphics, the music and there was something very relaxing about the hiking that made me want to play it.

The only thing really putting me off is the 70-100 hours it will take. Seems way too long.

This pretty much sums up where I sit at the moment.

I can't wait to get lost in the hiking/exploration aspect of it, but do I think (from what I have seen/read that those elements of the game are enough to engage me for up to 70-100 hours...? I'm not convinced.

I love Kojima and his work, but it sounds like he needed a leash on him here. Someone to whisper in his ear at some point and say "you know how people hate fetch quests? Maybe we should avoid making a game centred on fetch quests anywhere close to 100 hours long".

• Advertisement
Advertisement