Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Death Stranding

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Patch 1.04 is live, anyone with it digitally pre-downloaded might want to check for updates today if you plan on playing at midnight. Just over 1gb but better than a surprise update tonight.

Various performance improvements
    Multiple problems fixed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

That's probably far more exciting and entertaining than the game itself.

I saw Alanah's one, beautiful beautiful box. Great ideas as well with the locking aspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Everyone should watch this. I'm just at this point in the game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Preload complete, I caved and brought it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Hhmmm

Pretty solid advice in fairness. I did one or two more missions in Chap 2, that I had already open as it would annoy me to leave them :) Then I moved on. You can fast travel from chapter 3 so can always jump back, I did pop back and did loads more to get some gear unlocks. But nothing critical happens.

PS: You Fast Travel from the personal area. You can't do it from the map in the open world. I spent ages looking for that as the map shows locations you can fast travel too but not how to fast travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I wonder if there is any major surprises in this game. Given the nature of MGS which tried to always have good story shockers.

Or is it we pretty much know the story as is and just see it play out?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I wonder if there is any major surprises in this game. Given the nature of MGS which tried to always have good story shockers.

Or is it we pretty much know the story as is and just see it play out?

Spoilers: Nanomachines did it

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Spoilers: Nanomachines did it

:pac:

Been looking at a stream of this, it was literally a cut-scene for 30 minutes :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

is there any spoilers in that video or just general tips?

JimBurnley wrote: »
    is there any spoilers in that video or just general tips?

No, they chopped it up nicely and just talk over it. And say that when you get to the screen that says "do you want to stay and finish more work or move on?" To move on, you don't lose access to the area and can come back later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

So whats the deal with all the bad guys we saw and the gold mask dude etc?

Seems like everyone is just talking about delivering packages like its some sort of postman simulator....

I'm so confused :confused::confused:

Seems like everyone is just talking about delivering packages like its some sort of postman simulator....

Basically so much of the actual gameplay was never shown up until recently and review embargos were only lifted a few days ago. So people are just talking about what kind of game it is now that we know.

As for the story? I too would like to know if it's good or not.

An Post the video game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

I watched the giant bomb quick look,
    it looks boring , walk around, climb a mountain, drive a truck,
    it looks like future postman the video game .
    The combat is basic and too easy.
    kojima needs an editor and someone to say we need good gameplay with enemy ai that is challenging
    and a good story .
    This might be a good game to watch on youtube or twitch maybe .
    i would not pay 10 euro,s for it.
    I think he,s a great video game creator ,
    if he sticks to the genre of miltary combat action thriller .
    I Like all the metal gear games he made .
    This game looks weird, pretentious and it looks as if he wanted to make
    a game with actors he likes ,but its completely different from metal gear.
    the story is too weird, it looks boring to play, and too easy.
    Some average games are ok to play because the combat and weapons
    are good to play through .
    I think he really wants to make film,s at this point ,
    but he cannot get the money to do so.
    hence the long cut scenes .
    Look at the giant bomb quick look, its mostly gameplay .
    This might make a good tv series on netflix if he had a good editor
    and scriptwriter to help him .
    All the metal gear games had a good story and interesting
    combat ,this looks boring,tedious and too easy .
    You cannot sell a video game on just the story,
    if the gameplay is mediocre .
    In a age when theres plenty of high quality free to play games and free pc games .

If you have Days Gone, you can get free death stranding related dlc including a BB gas tank which i think is the coolest dlc I've seen all year.

https://twitter.com/BendStudio/status/1192492150480502784?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Just thinking that Kojima completely missed a trick not setting up his own delivery service for physical copies.

So I've been reading that as time goes by the landscape of the game is gonna change ... You can still play "offline" (and not see that) right?

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

So I've been reading that as time goes by the landscape of the game is gonna change ... You can still play "offline" (and not see that) right?

I've not played it but I'm pretty sure you can ignore the online functionality. I think that would kinda be missing the point of the game though.

• Advertisement

It changes as you use it and from the weather. If you walk or drive a path a few times you will start to see it change into a natural path. It's pretty cool.

Rain is called time fall. If you are stuck in it everything starts getting old really quick. Your truck gets all rusty and turns into a banger if you spend too long out driving in a shower.

Others can build things that you can see and use. If you don't like it you can dismantle it and it will just be removed from your game, so there is no trolling.

You can play it offline but i don't see why you would. Finding the stuff people left is half the fun. A big part is contributing to shared lockers, leaving helpful equipment etc.

Do you have to have a subscription to play online?

Do you have to have a subscription to play online?

Nope, confirmed you don't need PS Plus to access online features.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

According hakoom , it's about 150 hours to get the plat 😱

I can already tell I'm going to really enjoy this. The controls, the sense of weight in everything you do, the world building...it already feels like something special.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

goon_magee wrote: »
    I can already tell I'm going to really enjoy this. The controls, the sense of weight in everything you do, the world building...it already feels like something special.

The wide variety of missions, it's got a bit of everything.

I have the baby monitor on beside me to listen in on my son, suddenly heard a strange crying noise and assumed that's where the noise came from...got extremely anxious/confused as the crying coming from what i assumed was the baby monitor, sounded nothing like my son.....All good though, I can confirm it was the BB crying through the DS4 and my son's nursery is not in fact haunted.

Time to go to bed I think. Mistaking game features for a real life ghost baby home invasion is not a good sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Wait, there's crying baby noises? I'm out!

Advertisement