Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Death Stranding

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

As some others already did I decided to spend some time roadbuilding...8 hours and cramped hands later I almost single handedly did from Lake Knot to the Southern distro with some missions, mules and bridges along the way. I can't believe I was that obssessive over building a road...a PIXEL ROAD... It's a hell of a 'like' farm though. I started today on Episode-3 with a bridge count of 2. Ended just shy of 80 with 155k or so.
    In IRL I don't drive, I certainly don't build roads and I couldn't care less about social media and like-hunting. WTF is going on O_o ....

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Chapter 4 was a lot of fun,
    thrown into a whole new mechanic of using real weapons which was obviously
    getting you ready for chapter 5 where
    the Mules have stepped up their game with their own AR's.
    . Mountain Knot City is my next destination, looks like an interesting hike.

As mad as the story is, I'm completely absorbed in every cutscene.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

I finished this last night and I gotta say I really loved it. There's a lot to criticise in the game which I won't go into here for spoiler reasons but overall i found it an engaging and unique game and I can't stop thinking about it really!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    As some others already did I decided to spend some time roadbuilding...8 hours and cramped hands later I almost single handedly did from Lake Knot to the Southern distro with some missions, mules and bridges along the way. I can't believe I was that obssessive over building a road...a PIXEL ROAD... It's a hell of a 'like' farm though. I started today on Episode-3 with a bridge count of 2. Ended just shy of 80 with 155k or so.
    In IRL I don't drive, I certainly don't build roads and I couldn't care less about social media and like-hunting. WTF is going on O_o ....

I am waiting until payday to buy a PS4 and this.
    I mentioned this before in the thread, but I wonder what will happen when you are late to the party playing it. Will you see so much built up roads and stuff?
    like, missing out on the experience of seeing the land baron and then built up slowly by other players the more you play.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Will you see so much built up roads and stuff?
    like, missing out on the experience of seeing the land baron and then built up slowly by other players the more you play.
    You wont see other peoples roads,ladders etc until you establish the network in that zone, so each zone will initially be barren.

• Advertisement

I am waiting until payday to buy a PS4 and this.
    I mentioned this before in the thread, but I wonder what will happen when you are late to the party playing it. Will you see so much built up roads and stuff?

When you first travel to a location, it is off the network until you connect it. Then you'll see all the user stuff pop up on the map. That's how it's been for me so far. Go to new location, no help on route, arrive at location and connect it to network. Other user structures appear on map but mostly the start of structures. I've seen progress after each mission with new structures popping up and by the time I'm nearly done with an area, it will have plenty of roads, power generators, timefall shelters, etc. I don't if I'm just getting that kind of experience but feels really natural and definitely not an excess of things being dumped everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Adding to the above about starting structure appearance the more you 'bridge' with other players (like and be liked via helping or being helped basically) the more of their work you will see after connecting the zone to the network. After you pass Bridge level 10 you will get the ability to choose players from your bridge list (formed automatically as you interact with player projects, and vice versa) to form a contract with. All that means is you are more likely to see their structures in your instance from then on, it's one sided so they don't have to accept (or even know). It's a way for you to kind've transparently pair up with folks who seem to have the same mindset and progress level/speed as you, and in thanks for their help be more likely to be able to help with their projects. I started using it in the last few hours of my road building yesterday when I noticed a few players who seemed to be doing the same thing, I added them as contracts and then started seeing other structures they were working on regularly so I could help with upgrades etc. In turn I noticed them now helping with the roadworks. I think this also rolls over into lost-cargo in shared lockers (not sure but I saw a huge uptick in available cargo, like 10x, by the end of the day and that massive Bridge level boost achieved).
    It's a really cool little unintrusive social system.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

The game definitely hits a bit of a slump in chapters 5 and 6 IMO. Certain circumstances start to render the gameplay a bit of a chore.

Having said that, the fact that it has taken me 50 hours to hit a part of the game I don't consider great is still good going.

What's with the bridge outside Mama's Lab that looks fairly pointless but has 5.5 million likes!!! It has holograms of robots from horizon zero dawn bit not millions of likes worth.

Speaking of HZD, this is class! Will spoiler just in case

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Interesting, is the game going to involve. That would be cool for a single player game.

On a side note was browsing Amazon, i think I'm playing too much DS. Saw this tv wall mount and all i could see is the BT scanner.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B010G6972O/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_5c8ZDbSR2NHSY

On a side note was browsing Amazon, i think I'm playing too much DS. Saw this tv wall mount and all i could see is the BT scanner.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B010G6972O/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_5c8ZDbSR2NHSY

That's my sam cosplay sorted, just needed an Odradek :pac:

Totally take back what I said last night about hitting a slump. Just as the gameplay was feeling a bit of a chore...boom...a new piece of equipment gets added to you're inventory which totally revitalizes the game and changes how you think about traversal. It sorta felt the same way as when you hit chapter 2 and suddenly have roads to build and the game just totally opens up.

goon_magee wrote: »
    Totally take back what I said last night about hitting a slump. Just as the gameplay was feeling a bit of a chore...boom...a new piece of equipment gets added to you're inventory which totally revitalizes the game and changes how you think about traversal. It sorta felt the same way as when you hit chapter 2 and suddenly have roads to build and the game just totally opens up.

What chapter you on Goon?

I'm on chap 5
    just about to lug Mama all the way to mountain Knot City which looks a bit daunting. Why don't people walk themselves ffs!

Zero-Cool wrote: »

I'm on chap 5
    just about to lug Mama all the way to mountain Knot City which looks a bit daunting. Why don't people walk themselves ffs!

Just hit chapter 6 last night. That bit you're at now was intimidating alright but extremely rewarding once you make it! There is a lovely bit of story pay off as well once you complete your task!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

Is there any way to see what you are receiving likes for from other players? I have 78k likes and not a clue what they're for. Have a climbing pole with about 80 likes on it and a few other small structures that add up to about 400 but no clue where 78k is coming from.

I'm on chap 5

Did a mission for the junk colle tor the other night, his "cargo" was less than a kilometer away ffs.

Is there any way to see what you are receiving likes for from other players? I have 78k likes and not a clue what they're for. Have a climbing pole with about 80 likes on it and a few other small structures that add up to about 400 but no clue where 78k is coming from.

Press options button, go left to menu and choose Bridge Links. Click on your profile and it will show how many manual like s and auto likes. You get auto likes when people use your roads and other structures. It's mad to see how many people you're helping.

Did a mission for the junk colle tor the other night, his "cargo" was less than a kilometer away ffs.

Check your emails from them 2, fairly funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

My wife pointed out that I whisper reassuringly to BB when he starts crying during fights.

"its ok bub its ok bub its gonna be ok"

I thought it might be from having kids myself but I cant be the only one?

• Advertisement

fixXxer wrote: »
    My wife pointed out that I whisper reassuringly to BB when he starts crying during fights.

"its ok bub its ok bub its gonna be ok"

I thought it might be from having kids myself but I cant be the only one?

I've stopped soothing BB entirely and generally find myself telling it to shut up, which I promise isn't reflective of my actual parenting skills.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,724 ✭✭✭✭klose

Keep on keeping on

Anyone using the stabilizer over the extra battery pack? I haven't tried the stabilizer yet but I'm not feeling over much and I've used my extra battery many times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Only on chapter 3 now doing some jobs for the
    junk collector

Is now a good time to go back to the original area and clean up what I missed or should I leave it and continue with the story? Is it even worth getting the various places to 5 stars ?

Also how should I approach building roads ? I put some materials into the first section you build and came back to find a complete road from Lake Knot all the way down to the distro center but now nobody seems to be building any roads further than that. Should I dump all my available materials into the pavers or just the minimum and hope the online function does the rest ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

Gyan84 wrote: »
    junk collector

Is now a good time to go back to the original area and clean up what I missed or should I leave it and continue with the story? Is it even worth getting the various places to 5 stars ?

Also how should I approach building roads ? I put some materials into the first section you build and came back to find a complete road from Lake Knot all the way down to the distro center but now nobody seems to be building any roads further than that. Should I dump all my available materials into the pavers or just the minimum and hope the online function does the rest ?

I had the same experience with the roads, I didn’t have enough materials to put them in later but nobody else was so I’m thinking it’s one of those things where you have to give some to gain some?

Gyan84 wrote: »
    junk collector

I haven't found 5 stars necessary at all. It really just lets you use that prepper shelter as a resting spot, and gets you access to a new hologram or something. If you get a piece of equipment you like from one of them its worth ranking the star rating up until you get the level 3 version of that gear, but anything beyond that is really just requires if you're a completionist IMO.

I think its also going to depend on how much free time you have to dedicate to the game. When I realised I was over 50 hours deep and only on chapter 5, I knew I would have to main line the critcal path pretty much or I would never get the game finished. I'm now on chapter 8 and to be honest the story beats are so interesting that I don't really want to do side stuff anyway.

All Terrain Skeleton ya fecking beauty!

All Terrain Skeleton ya fecking beauty!

All terrain skeleton and zip lines make such a breeze of the mountain!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

I'm just calling this now so I can come back to it afterwards and see if I was right. Currently on chapter 3 and something that I've been thinking from the start. Will put in spoiler tags just incase.
    Die Hardman is gonna take a heel turn at some point. How could he not? He is one sinister villainous looking boll*x.

• Advertisement

Just found out Die-Hardman voice actor also does Ubercorn on Go Jetters on CBeebies and my mind is blown. Everytime he gives me a mission now, I'll be picturing him saying "here's a funky fact about BT's, your piss hurts them OOOOWWWWWW"

Advertisement