Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Death Stranding

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Hideo is putting up some great behind the scenes videos. Would love a full making of doc.

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1200571666775982085?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Not going to lie, I have never fully got into mgs or any hideo games... I loved PT and really wanted it to happen..

However you will always have those scary genre games anyways and this game is actually amazing.. soundtrack and everything is just amazing...

I never probably would have purchased this until getting the l
    PS4 pro and I am glad I did... No game apart from no man's sky (underrated game) has made me just run around endlessly at my heart's desire

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I sat down at 8 on Friday night thinking ill put in 1 hour then play something online with the lads.Next thing it was 2am and i was still trying to carry boxes of metal to a road paver. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

Wish id fully levelled up the preppers during my playthrough. While going for the platinum trophy they give you some cool rewards that would have definitely helped along my journey.

I dropped my vehicle in the river somehow and I can't seem to find another on episode too when I go to garage nothing is there... Can I not get another vehicle now?

• Advertisement

I dropped my vehicle in the river somehow and I can't seem to find another on episode too when I go to garage nothing is there... Can I not get another vehicle now?

You have to fabricate one. There has to be enough of the required materials at the distribution centre to make one.

You have to fabricate one. There has to be enough of the required materials at the distribution centre to make one.

Can't seem to see it in the fabrication options. Also I've no likes on things ive made is that supposed to be like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Alright so I ploughed on through the rest of Chapter 3, 4 was short, and made my way to Mountain Knot City in Chapter 5. Found out where I had to go and what I had to do next.

Urrgghhhh.... Trekked across the mountain and made it to the Weather station before giving up for the night. Not looking forward to that return journey whichever route I go.

I wouldn't mind but I was lugging a couple of PCCs with me the whole way so I could set up ziplines, but can't use them as not connected to the Chiral network, and the range on them is pretty sh*tty anyway.

Penn wrote: »
    Alright so I ploughed on through the rest of Chapter 3, 4 was short, and made my way to Mountain Knot City in Chapter 5. Found out where I had to go and what I had to do next.

Urrgghhhh.... Trekked across the mountain and made it to the Weather station before giving up for the night. Not looking forward to that return journey whichever route I go.

I wouldn't mind but I was lugging a couple of PCCs with me the whole way so I could set up ziplines, but can't use them as not connected to the Chiral network, and the range on them is pretty sh*tty anyway.
    Once you extend the network more players zip lines will appear in your game, making it easier to set up a network. I'm trying to level up all the outposts now and I don't go anywhere without four pcc's! Range is 300m which is an absolute godsend up in the mountains where even short distances take ages to trudge over. My zip lines with other players extend from mountain knot City all over and around the mountains up to the first pepper and down the other side to the mule camp on the east of the mountain and bypassing several BT areas too.

I ignored ziplines for the majority of 5 & 6 before realising how ****ing handy they were. It's easy to not know where to place them until you've circled the mountains but there are a lot of handy spots. 1 in particular West of mountain Knot City where well placed zips can take you right over a tough BT area.

In one of the later chapters, i had to make a trek back through a mountain region and seeing a zipline was like seeing a mirage in the desert, couldn't believe my luck! Got there and hammered the touch pad to give likes bit it wouldn't work. Then i saw it was actually my zipline. After giving myself all kinds of praise, i zipped over treacherous part only to find i put down the other one as well. Was so proud of myself :pac:

Like above, i started always bringing pcc 2's with me and throwing them down along paths. Some might never be used but you'll be glad you did when you need them.

• Advertisement

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I ignored ziplines for the majority of 5 & 6 before realising how ****ing handy they were. It's easy to not know where to place them until you've circled the mountains but there are a lot of handy spots. 1 in particular West of mountain Knot City where well placed zips can take you right over a tough BT area.

In one of the later chapters, i had to make a trek back through a mountain region and seeing a zipline was like seeing a mirage in the desert, couldn't believe my luck! Got there and hammered the touch pad to give likes bit it wouldn't work. Then i saw it was actually my zipline. After giving myself all kinds of praise, i zipped over treacherous part only to find i put down the other one as well. Was so proud of myself :pac:

Like above, i started always bringing pcc 2's with me and throwing them down along paths. Some might never be used but you'll be glad you did when you need them.

Yeah it was just the fact that for story reasons I wasn't allowed to put them down (as I was saving them for when I got to Mountain Knot City itself), which means now I have none set down for that area myself. Will hopefully spot a few laid down by others that might get me close enough.

Penn wrote: »
    Yeah it was just the fact that for story reasons I wasn't allowed to put them down (as I was saving them for when I got to Mountain Knot City itself), which means now I have none set down for that area myself. Will hopefully spot a few laid down by others that might get me close enough.

Aw yeah, that first trek around the mountain can be a slog, makes it all the better when you get it on the network. You'll be circling it a few times before chapter 6 is over anyway so plenty of time to throw some down. I know some people weren't too happy with the mountain sections but i really liked them, especially when you unlock the skeleton
    all terain
    . Equip that straight away when you get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Zero-Cool wrote: »

In one of the later chapters, i had to make a trek back through a mountain region and seeing a zipline was like seeing a mirage in the desert, couldn't believe my luck!

Two parts in particular.
    The Mountaineers wife mission
    and
    the Ruined city without BB
    I realized how useful they and like you say, one in the distance was like hope in physical form. I built a couple in time fall areas, I wonder how long they will last there or if anyone will bother repairing them.

fixXxer wrote: »
    Two parts in particular.
    The Mountaineers wife mission
    and
    the Ruined city without BB
    I realized how useful they and like you say, one in the distance was like hope in physical form. I built a couple in time fall areas, I wonder how long they will last there or if anyone will bother repairing them.
    They last a good while and people do contribute to repairs. When I started playing last night there was a massive list of people's names scrolling on the screen with likes for roads and zip lines I made and people adding materials to maintain them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,724 ✭✭✭✭klose

Finished chapter 14 and presumably the game last night so is chapter 15 effectively an end game free roam now?

Will post thoughts later, loved it any case if not a few minor things that are trivial. Probably what annoys me most is getting on ladders that cross rivers and gorges etc. Half the time Sam ignores them and just falls in!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 R3_Regera

klose wrote: »
    Finished chapter 14 and presumably the game last night so is chapter 15 effectively an end game free roam now?

Yep, Chapter 15 is just free roam. Its back before the end of the game though to allow you to finish trophy collection, etc

Finished Chapter 5 last night. Return trip to Mountain Knot City wasn't too bad, made it most of the way over the mountain on a trike someone left at the Weather Station.

Man, the story is absolute pants though. Some good ideas in it, but it's about as subtle as the B in Brick. I know there's going to be some good twists coming because Kojima, but my god... some of the writing...

Except for anything to do with Troy Baker. Stealing the show.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's a Kojima game. Expect great ideas with terrible execution.

I dunno, I'm finding the story to be very engrossing. Incidentally, I found the Cos-players bunker but it didn't active when I went up to it. Anyone know why that would be?

I dunno, I'm finding the story to be very engrossing. Incidentally, I found the Cos-players bunker but it didn't active when I went up to it. Anyone know why that would be?

Same here. I could activate the terminal but only use the Private Locker. I'm guessing you need to actually make a requested cargo delivery to activate it rather than just walk in.

• Advertisement

The story really kicks in in chapter 7 and doesn't stop till the end, also gets much much better as more is explained. It was at that point i completely ignored all side stuff as i wanted to focus on the story.

As for the cosplayer, i remember getting an order from a different facility to bring something to her. Well worth doing but sorry, can't remember where i got the order.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

The key characters in each location only activate after you have at least one delivery for them. So scan around the area and you should find some lost cargo to start things going, from then it remains fully functional.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

You get a delivery of comic books from distro centre just above him/her/them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    The key characters in each location only activate after you have at least one delivery for them. So scan around the area and you should find some lost cargo to start things going, from then it remains fully functional.

I came on this thread to literally ask this. You read my mind. Thanks!

Is it bad that I am sitting in work listening to the soundtrack and legit feeling like I am still out there delivering cargo?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Is it bad that I am sitting in work listening to the soundtrack and legit feeling like I am still out there delivering cargo?

I can't wait for stupid work to end so I can get back home to deliver some cargo:D

Listen, when it was lashing rain recently I was heading to work in the dark after playing for hours the night before. I swear I was waiting for the BT alarm to go off as a drudged towards the bus in a daze.

Rob2D wrote: »
    I can't wait for stupid work to end so I can get back home to deliver some cargo:D

You and me both .. Can you turn the music on for when your wandering about? .. Usually I get Alexa to put the soundtrack on and off but be nice to just have it in game while walking about

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Listen, when it was lashing rain recently I was heading to work in the dark after playing for hours the night before. I swear I was waiting for the BT alarm to go off as a drudged towards the bus in a daze.

...Pulls out can of deodorant, casually sprays over shoulder onto backpack...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Me whenever I see vehicles abandoned on my newly printed road.

1fa2922859e5cde130fff8fa81a859c1.png

Advertisement