Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Death Stranding

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    ...good to know....

You're just jelly :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

From DS Facebook page...

There is an update for #DeathStranding launched today!
    The update now enables you to change the settings to not have the effect when you encounter the BTs every time.
    Make sure to change your settings from the title screen to do so.

I like how when you call out that if there are other players in the vicinity they call back to you.

Do you have any indication when you are playing that other people are calling out to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I like how when you call out that if there are other players in the vicinity they call back to you.

Do you have any indication when you are playing that other people are calling out to you?

I thought it was just random. Just that on random presses of the shoutout button that a voice would shout back. Don't know if it's actually dependent on other players.

I got the feeling it depended on other people as I would tend not to get a response outside of a chiral network, or far away from any kind of objects.

If you call out next to a generator, for example, you can get a few responses and you will see a green pulse indicating where that other player is standing, and if you keep calling out you can see the pulse/player move away

• Advertisement

I got the feeling it depended on other people as I would tend not to get a response outside of a chiral network, or far away from any kind of objects.

If you call out next to a generator, for example, you can get a few responses and you will see a green pulse indicating where that other player is standing, and if you keep calling out you can see the pulse/player move away

Never noticed those things myself. Only ever pressed that button anyway when confused and thinking it opened the map

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Looks like there's a new update coming that let's you skip the 10 second cutscene whenever you enter a BT area. I'm not playing it now, but this is good news as it was always annoying having those cutscenes.

https://www.gamesradar.com/new-death-stranding-update-lets-you-disable-that-annoying-bt-cutscene/?utm_content=bufferb2e12&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer_grtw

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Looks like there's a new update coming that let's you skip the 10 second cutscene whenever you enter a BT area. I'm not playing it now, but this is good news as it was always annoying having those cutscenes.

https://www.gamesradar.com/new-death-stranding-update-lets-you-disable-that-annoying-bt-cutscene/?utm_content=bufferb2e12&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer_grtw
    Update is out , edit it via the options menu

• Registered Users Posts: 26,398 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Bit late for me now that update!

I've never played a game where the incentive for the post game is so low (to me anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

noodler wrote: »
    Bit late for me now that update!

I've never played a game where the incentive for the post game is so low (to me anyway).

I adored the game, but completely felt the same way about the post-game. The gameplay for me was so intrinsically linked to the story, that once the story is complete and you no longer have the overarching purpose of Sam's journey propelling you forward, there is just no incentive to keep playing.

To be fair, I don't think it is a fault and I wouldn't mark the game down because of it. Once you are done with the story, you are done with the game unless you want to 5 star every shelter. I don't think the developers intended to make this something you keep coming back to.

• Advertisement

Jaysus , plot went full Kojima in the last segment of the game , on final chapter now

Jaysus , plot went full Kojima in the last segment of the game , on final chapter now

Finished it there, woah that
    ending had me choking up, the overall plot at the end was quite convoluted and as others have said waded into gibberish

Poor ending I thought. They're always a bit mad but that just felt like a first draft story to me, and without any refinement.

It was still an entertaining game, though it did feel a bit samey. MGSV was very samey but had bucket loads of playability which I think DS stranding lacked (endlessly hitting rocks on a vehicle gets old)

I don't think that it was the entire new concept for a game that kojima hoped for.

But still, it was enjoyable and is worth a go. It's not nearly as boring as it sounds or looks!

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

I wish Kojima could stand to the side and just come up with game ideas and let someone else translate his story ideas into something more coherent and tidy.

There's an excellent game in Death Stranding but it's laden by the worst plot I've seen in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Hearing about the game, basically fetch quests delivering packages over and over and a story about rebuilding America with a baby attached to you, i thought it would fail on both counts but playing it, both story and gameplay completely hooked me and worked really well together. I'm no Konima fanboy but i absolutely loved this entire package.

Looking to buy it again to go for the platinum.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Hearing about the game, basically fetch quests delivering packages over and over and a story about rebuilding America with a baby attached to you, i thought it would fail on both counts but playing it, both story and gameplay completely hooked me and worked really well together. I'm no Konima fanboy but i absolutely loved this entire package.

Looking to buy it again to go for the platinum.

I struggled through it for the story beats etc.

Seeing what's required for a platinum, the mindless repetition of getting very facility to 5-stars.

I just couldn't.

I wish Kojima could stand to the side and just come up with game ideas and let someone else translate his story ideas into something more coherent and tidy.

There's an excellent game in Death Stranding but it's laden by the worst plot I've seen in years.

Haha.

I'd have said the opposite.

Strong narrative, good characters, sincerely emotional scenes but poor gameplay

I think the biggest thing is to get through chapter 2 quick enough and don't listen to the 'point of no return' message as you can go back at end game. Chapter 3 is the bulk of the gameplay and you start getting better tools to make life easier. Also i didn't get bogged down on building roads all over the map, just the odd few and contributed when i could. The story starts kicking in around chapter 5 and 6 and it's all go til the end.

**** the lost property. If you really want to get them or go for platinum, hit them endgame. Chapter 3 introduces way better quality of life items that just make the game more enjoyable. I only delivered to places i was on my way to or i had to for the story and i got through it fine. Once the story opened up, i was hooked and flew through to the end. Loved both gameplay and story, really had an impact on me so hope you get the same out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I think the biggest thing is to get through chapter 2 quick enough and don't listen to the 'point of no return' message as you can go back at end game. Chapter 3 is the bulk of the gameplay and you start getting better tools to make life easier. Also i didn't get bogged down on building roads all over the map, just the odd few and contributed when i could. The story starts kicking in around chapter 5 and 6 and it's all go til the end.

Don't. Build. Roads!!

Bro do you even porter?

• Advertisement

Finally got to playing this over the last two weeks and it's really great. Just in Chapter 3.
    It's a bit of a slow game at the start. Menus are hard to achieve what you want then. Learning everything is a big step.

But as time goes by it gets more intriguing. That said the story is a bit "what?" Kinda so far. Am slowly getting things but it feels like the story is being told like you already know a lot.

Also diehard man? Seriously kojima. That's a name for a character lol.

Don't. Build. Roads!!

Bro do you even porter?

I built every road.found it so satisfying

Finally got to playing this over the last two weeks and it's really great. Just in Chapter 3.
    It's a bit of a slow game at the start. Menus are hard to achieve what you want then. Learning everything is a big step.

But as time goes by it gets more intriguing. That said the story is a bit "what?" Kinda so far. Am slowly getting things but it feels like the story is being told like you already know a lot.

Also diehard man? Seriously kojima. That's a name for a character lol.

Wait til you learn about some of the other characters backstories.

I sometimes wonder if 'Kojima' is Japanese for 'creator of the Metal Gear Solid franchise'

Penn wrote: »
    Wait til you learn about some of the other characters backstories.

I sometimes wonder if 'Kojima' is Japanese for 'creator of the Metal Gear Solid franchise'

Haha. I can only imagine.
    But is leveling up super fast in this game normal? I'm already at level 60 and the game keeps telling me how other players keep liking a road I built. Something like 39,000 likes.

I assume I got lucky?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Roads can net you ridiculous likes and leveling, but they can also become an unhealthy obsession :)

Advertisement