Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Death Stranding

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I forgot how addictive the orders were, took me a while to finish up as it kept being "1 more delivery". I am clearing up Eastern Region at the moment, spent very little time here as i got to chap 3 as quick as i could. Can't believe i missed the harmonica from the musician and can play bb's theme anytime i want. Have a nice little network of ziplines going, making things nice and easy.

I know people say Kojima needs to be reigned in but this story really gets me, not just the story but his "let's make connections" which i thought sounded like Bollox but it's really satisfying meeting these holograms and rebuilding their lives.
    That's what a simplified version of the game I saw. Its not about winning, it's about helping other players and NPCs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

A bit like
    Roland in The Dark Tower

That's a really good way of looking at it actually, never thought of it like that. Should have though, god damn love The Dark Tower books.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I haven't been bothered playing it since chapter 4? I'll get around to it at some point I guess but the annoyances outweighed the pleasure.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Yeah I can see why people dislike the game, so many marmite choices game into the games design.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just windfarm left to 5 star in eastern region before moving into Central. Slow though, no one has orders for him so it's me just zipping from base to base picking up the odd one, bit of a pain.

For end game in central where there are better roads, are people using trucks for big hauls or zipping around with smaller deliveries?

• Advertisement

5 starred the whole Eastern region, moved onto Central and forgot how many contacts there were, 2 i haven't even gone to yet and bare amount of ziplines. Well, nothing to do but keep on keeping on.

Oh man, i love this game but I'm losing the will to 5 star the whole Central region. I wish there was ng+, would play through the story again if u could use all my gear, i know it would feel sluggish as **** compared my current Sam.

I'm gonna keep playing but have put aside my hopes for a platinum :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I've gotten all the centers from Lake Knot City to South Knot City to 5 Stars, but it's been a pain getting Lake Knot and South Knot to 5 Star. You need a truck load of deliveries just to move the star system.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Spooch

Roads are crucial for the large deliveries. Zip lines make completing the orders so satisfying by the end. Quite enjoyable tearing around the map. First Prepper was a pain though as it took forever to get him to allow me to build on his land.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Oh man, i love this game but I'm losing the will to 5 star the whole Central region. I wish there was ng+, would play through the story again if u could use all my gear, i know it would feel sluggish as **** compared my current Sam.

I'm gonna keep playing but have put aside my hopes for a platinum :(

I've went back to it after a few months thinking I'd get the platinum easily enough.

About 3 days into trying it I'm on the verge of giving it up again. :pac:

First prepper is a pain in the hole to try get to 5 stars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

So from what you are saying, this will take a while to platinum and play?

I expected a lengthy game, but I may or may not try and platinum it. With a 3 month old around now, I may leave it for a while, the whole game that is.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I've went back to it after a few months thinking I'd get the platinum easily enough.

About 3 days into trying it I'm on the verge of giving it up again. :pac:

First prepper is a pain in the hole to try get to 5 stars.

Yeah, I'm giving up on the plat, thought if I lashed into it for a week, it would be grand but it's killing the enjoyment of actually delivering and trekking around the map for me so it's not worth it. I'll still arse about with deliveries but only cuz it's fun and relaxing, won't worry about stars anymore :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

So from what you are saying, this will take a while to platinum and play?

I expected a lengthy game, but I may or may not try and platinum it. With a 3 month old around now, I may leave it for a while, the whole game that is.

I've put in circa 80 hrs and I've all but about 4 or 5 trophies.

The big grinding type trophies mainly.

In that time though I've enjoyed the game truth be told but its really not for everyone. I could see people playing for about 2 or 3 hours and not coming back to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

Old topic, but Matthewmatosis review link below for anyone interested. As always, it's a really good watch.

https://youtu.be/Np4Jh1xcOEs

• Registered Users Posts: 23,177 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

This is on sale on PSN for €20 so I bought it.

I've just reached Port Knot City in episode 2. Am I still in the tutorial stages of the game?

BTs are spooky as fúck, not the floating ghosts but when the whole environment goes inky and the whale arrives.

J. Marston wrote: »
    This is on sale on PSN for €20 so I bought it.

I've just reached Port Knot City in episode 2. Am I still in the tutorial stages of the game?

BTs are spooky as fúck, not the floating ghosts but when the whole environment goes inky and the whale arrives.

Yupp, game really opens up on Ep 3. You could do 2 for absolutely ages and when you try to move on, it gives you a point of no return message but you can go back there end game. Best advice is to do a few missions in 2 and just move on. Ep introduces a lot of tools and equipment that make trekking easier and more fun and also 3 is a long episode as it is, no point hanging around in 2.

Has there been any PS5 update for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Has there been any PS5 update for this?

Not yet

• Registered Users Posts: 23,177 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I was loving this. I had my road from Lake Knot to South Knot done, some ziplines set up but now I'm up in the mountains and it's become a pain in the hole. BB come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭dohboy

I go between really liking this and really hating some parts. It's definitely a very unique experience. I'm glad I have persevered with it and would recommend it to others. But I want the story to finish soon...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Only started it last weekend, I'm enjoying it.

Mountains are a nice bew challenge but yeah i pushed on during those bits, no hanging around. Story goes full on from there as well and you can always come back to finish up the whole map after the story is finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I think it's fantastic. 99% of open worlds bore me to death but this is very addictive and rewarding

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

I finally platinumed this tonight. In over 30 years of gaming, it’s the first game I ever felt the urge to platinum. I adored it. Took 150 hours, because I didn’t set out to platinum at first, so had to retrace a lot of steps for memory chips etc.

Highlights for me were building the road network and then later the zip line network. On paper they seem like the most tedious parts, but there’s a sense of fulfilment in doing it I’ve not really experienced in other games before.

The first 8 hours or so are ****e. Write them off. Once you get past that the pay off is so worth it.

One huuuuge frustration towards the end was that my trusty zip line nodes started to drop like flies and go offline due to timefall degradation, right when I was doing my final trophy (getting Delivery Time score up to 60). It meant filling trucks with mats and driving around to upgrade/repair almost every zip line node. That part alone took about 8 hours, but you know what? I loved it. It was almost like doing an emotional farewell lap to arguably my favourite game of all time.

Pleeeeeeeease do a sequel!

Rumours that an extended cut is being released for ps4/5/pc with extra story missions..

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

That running together on the beach scene though...I'm still laughing at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

Azza wrote: »
    That running together on the beach scene though...I'm still laughing at it.

Haha, I forgot about that 🀣

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Rumours that an extended cut is being released for ps4/5/pc with extra story missions..

Probably would play through this again if it had proper Dualsense enhancements.

Directors Cut just announced, coming to PS5. Full reveal in the next few weeks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement