Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Account

• 02-12-2016 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭

I recently received a new visa card for my account as the previous one is on the verge of expiring and noticed that it stated it was a student account debit card (I refuse to apply for a credit card - debit card is enough for me)

This seems to indicate that the bank still has me on a student account status, is this a good thing or a bad thing? I'm inclined to pop in and rectify it but I'm wondering if it's to my advantage?

Bit of background: I did set up the account when I was in college but I haven't been in education for around 7/8 years now

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I recently received a new visa card for my account as the previous one is on the verge of expiring and noticed that it stated it was a student account debit card (I refuse to apply for a credit card - debit card is enough for me)

This seems to indicate that the bank still has me on a student account status, is this a good thing or a bad thing? I'm inclined to pop in and rectify it but I'm wondering if it's to my advantage?

Bit of background: I did set up the account when I was in college but I haven't been in education for around 7/8 years now

Quite likely a good thing, as student accounts generally are fee free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Edups2.0

Like BuffyBot said leave it as is! You'll pay no fees and it functions as a current account would. Best leaving alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Cheers guys - I was just wondering if interest rates were better for adults or if there was any advantage to changing back, no worries - I shan't rock the boat so :pac:

Advertisement